Princess bus transfer to Southampton - which Terminal does the bus gather up the passengers

pink845

Hello all, 

On the Cruise Personalizer, the transfer location has Heathrow Airport (but no Terminal number given). We arrive a few days previous to the cruise in late August 2023 and will be spending time in London, however, our intention is to spend the night previous to the cruise at an airport hotel. We have a selection of hotels from which to choose (no cost due to points).  We are going to purchase the the Princess transfer for simplicity purposes.  My husband prefers taking the ship transfer to the ship in Southampton and not having to deal with the luggage as Princess takes care of that for us.  Yes, it is a pricy option but with all the strikes on the rail line (one happening right now actually), and always some riot or so, or some other job action, we prefer to stay away from the rail line.  So, we would like to know at which terminal the transfer passengers are to gather.    

We are doing a Trans-Atlantic in October, 2023 and plan to spend two days in London.  We also would be interestedin both hotels and transfers from our hotel to Southampton.  We do wonder if Princess would do the transfer even if we do not select a hotel sponsored by them. 

I am on with Princess right now, and about to pull out my hair, simple questions, basically impossible for agent to answer without getting assistance from other agents.    She kept on directing me to purchase my transfer from Victoria Coach Station.  I kept asking about Heathrow transfer as it is right there on the website.  And, I prefer airport location for my transfer.   Finally, she comes back with Terminal 3 is where passengers are to gather to take the Princess transfer to Southampton.  And, she told me not to arrive prior to 7:30 am.  Thank you. Okay.

When we fly into Heathrow (three times last year) we take National Express bus to Southhampton. It can be very convenient and you can purchase tickets on line. We took Uber/Lyft to our hotel but it turned out to be very close so could have taken a taxi. Only slightly further to the pier(s). Speaking of which-Be sure which terminal your ship is leaving from as they are some distance from each other.

We stayed at the hotel at terminal 5 and wanted to get the transfer from terminal 5.  We had been told to meet our transfer at terminal 3.  So when we first arrived at the airport I spoke with one of the princess reps waiting for arrivals.  She said either terminal was fine.  They have transfers from both terminals.  We went to 5 and there was no problem.  We didn’t get to the terminal for the transfer until about 9 am and still waited so don’t show up at the crack of dawn.

You are causing yourself aggravation & more money by going back to airport.

stay in London. Take Princess transfer to ship.from Victoria Coach Station- they take your luggage and next time you see it is at cabin door.

taxis to/from lHR are expensive.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, dog said:

You are causing yourself aggravation & more money by going back to airport.

stay in London. Take Princess transfer to ship.from Victoria Coach Station- they take your luggage and next time you see it is at cabin door.

taxis to/from lHR are expensive.

Totally agree. We are staying close enough to the VS station that we could walk. But won’t due to a lot of luggage.  Why go back to the airport?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrmarklin said:

Totally agree. We are staying close enough to the VS station that we could walk. But won’t due to a lot of luggage.  Why go back to the airport?

I have used this transfer several times. Once you get to Victoria Coach Station princess reps give you a coloured ticket. Sit down- they take your luggage. They call your ticket , board the coach, drop off at ship terminal. Check in, go to your cabin. Have lunch. Your luggage is waiting for you outside your cabin door.

hotels are cheaper by airport, but if you book early enough you can find reasonable price ones near Victoria Coach Staion.it is not Victoria Train station.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm intrigued. The UK is in a bit of a mess right now, but we haven't had a riot for months !

There was a proposed rail strike in November. When I was there all the trains were not running even though the strike had been called off. I was trying to get to Cambridge and it wasn't running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

There was a proposed rail strike in November. When I was there all the trains were not running even though the strike had been called off. I was trying to get to Cambridge and it wasn't running.

I know about the strikes.

But you mentiined a riot ! Can you please supply details, as I appear to have missed it.

11 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

We are doing a Trans-Atlantic in October, 2023 and plan to spend two days in London.  We also would be interestedin both hotels and transfers from our hotel to Southampton.  We do wonder if Princess would do the transfer even if we do not select a hotel sponsored by them. 

There are transfers from Victoria Coach Station.  You must buy them from Princess in advance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dog said:

I have used this transfer several times. Once you get to Victoria Coach Station princess reps give you a coloured ticket. Sit down- they take your luggage. They call your ticket , board the coach, drop off at ship terminal. Check in, go to your cabin. Have lunch. Your luggage is waiting for you outside your cabin door.

hotels are cheaper by airport, but if you book early enough you can find reasonable price ones near Victoria Coach Staion.it is not Victoria Train station.

We've done this several times now...it is now our standard routine.

• Like 1

I like to take the National Express bus to Southampton the day before. Then a taxi to the port is cheap. I usually stay at the Ibis. Much cheaper than staying in London for a night. Day trips to Portsmouth or Winchester are easy by train

• Like 1

We landed at terminal 3 at Heathrow, then went downstairs and followed the underground hallway to the National Express bus terminal.  I had reserved tickets but was able to get an earlier bus since we were already there.  Got off in Southampton, walked to our hotel on the waterfront.

Coming home, we took the Princess transfer bus from inside the cruise terminal directly to terminal 3 at Heathrow.  Plenty of time, even with heavy traffic.