Tea choices

jer_l

We will be sailing on Celebrity for the first time post-pandemic. We are both tea drinkers and would like to know what brands of tea are served in the elite coffeehouse, in the MDR, and at the buffet.

1 hour ago, jer_l said:

Thanks for the replies and the photo. Since my regular tea is Bigelow Earl Grey and my wife’s is Twinings English Breakfast we should be fine. 

and now that you know the selection, bring with you what you like that you do not see.

Sometimes the cruise lines have supply chain issues.  I sailed on 5 RCI cruises last year, and the tea selections were all over the place.  And never saw any Stevia packets, but I did on Celebrity which is a sister company.  Go figure.............

I have not been on any Royal ship that had Stevia.  Always brought my own....

I hope Celebrity doesn't change that!!

I prefer Fields and Select Rooibos tea ... Royal no longer carries that brand and I see that Celebrity no longer does either.  Oh well.

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Whatsmore Segundo Bacio doesn't serve the premium teas, only the main Cafe al Bacio does. 

Going on first Edge class in two weeks and noticed the Bacio in/near the Oceanview... do you mean they have no tea lattes at all?  Just coffee drinks?  

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Going on first Edge class in two weeks and noticed the Bacio in/near the Oceanview... do you mean they have no tea lattes at all?  Just coffee drinks?  

Correct. It's that way on all E-class ships. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, Arubamoose said:

I prefer Fields and Select Rooibos tea ... Royal no longer carries that brand and I see that Celebrity no longer does either.  Oh well.

Very sad to hear as Rooibos is my go to tea. Can anyone confirm that Tea Forte Teas (African Solstice or others) are still being offered at Cafe al' Bacio? With a premium beverage package, I sure don't expect to have to bring my own tea. All these cutbacks are taking away my 'Premium' cruise line experience with a 'Premium' increased cost. 😞

Dianne 

I didn't remember ColaCao in the buffet. I will definitely be getting that!

I usually bring my own tea anyway when I travel, and an electric tea kettle when allowed, because I am kind of picky. I use loose leaf at home, usually Tealeaves. If using bags, I like Rishi, Tealeaves, Pukka, and sometimes Republic of Tea. Forte is good too. They rarely have my brands; that's why I bring my own. If they have something I like, it's not a big deal. Tea bags are small, and I can always use it at home or the next trip.

5 hours ago, Swann5 said:

Very sad to hear as Rooibos is my go to tea. Can anyone confirm that Tea Forte Teas (African Solstice or others) are still being offered at Cafe al' Bacio? With a premium beverage package, I sure don't expect to have to bring my own tea. All these cutbacks are taking away my 'Premium' cruise line experience with a 'Premium' increased cost. 😞

Dianne 

Premium brand Forte Teas are still being offered at Cafe al Bacio ( no premium teas are served at Segundo Bacio) although there were some trip reports earlier last year that there were supply chain issues. But the the brand has NOT been eliminated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What is Segundo Bacio?

I found a reason to go to the buffet.  Chamomile plus Mint.

At the entrance to the OVC on S Class there is a bar that also makes Cappuccino's and Latte's.  It is called Al Bacio Segundo or Segundo Bacio (2nd Bacio)-   They also have Premium OJ and a basic cocktails.

Edited by Jim_Iain

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

At the entrance to the OVC on S Class there is a bar that also makes Cappuccino's and Latte's.  It is called Al Bacio Segundo or Segundo Bacio (2nd Bacio)-   They also have Premium OJ and a basic cocktails.

It's also at the entrance of OVC on E-class ships too. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

It's also at the entrance of OVC on E-class ships too. 

Good to hear.   I didn't remember.    I'll be on Apex in April so will definitely utilize it.   Shorter walk  from 11 to 14 than all the way down to al Bacio on 4.