Dining room dress code

wannagonow123

3 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

Ok folks  I got a definitive answer to the question "What to wear for formal nights  on a Princess cruise? " from CHATGPT. It replied:

For formal nights on a Princess Cruise, it is recommended to wear formal attire such as a tuxedo or a formal gown for women, and a suit and tie for men. Smart casual attire such as a collared shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes for men, and a nice dress or pantsuit for women is also acceptable. Avoid wearing casual clothing such as jeans, shorts, and sneakers.

So there you have it. The final word on all things in the future. 

Of course it must be true if you read it on the internet. 🍻😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, roadster08 said:

Ok folks  I got a definitive answer to the question "What to wear for formal nights  on a Princess cruise? " from CHATGPT. It replied:

For formal nights on a Princess Cruise, it is recommended to wear formal attire such as a tuxedo or a formal gown for women, and a suit and tie for men. Smart casual attire such as a collared shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes for men, and a nice dress or pantsuit for women is also acceptable. Avoid wearing casual clothing such as jeans, shorts, and sneakers.

Sorry but nothing is a final word on here when it comes to how people dress. The same postings will still be made 5 years from now when someone asks about how to dress.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roadster08 said:

Let us know how that answer works out for you. 😆

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2023 at 4:11 PM, Broadside said:

One has come to expect such misrepresentation from the Fifth Column Casualisationists.  It is Princess Cruise Lines who set the dress code standards, not your fellow passenger.

Seems like an appropriate place to insert the following:

Dress CODE = Dress SUGGESTION

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roadster08 said:

Snap a snap nap!

Cheers

Just off the Ruby Princess this past Sunday (Feb 5th).

7-night cruise.

Club Class Dining, not that that makes any difference.

DH and I both wore shorts first night and 7th night

DH and I wore long pants both formal nights (2nd and 6th)

Remaining nights, DH wore shorts and I wore capris or blue jeans.

Others in the dining room wearing shorts or blue jeans.  We saw no one turned away, even on formal nights.

Edited by JeffandMelissa
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JeffandMelissa said:

Just off the Ruby Princess this past Sunday (Feb 5th).

7-night cruise.

Club Class Dining, not that that makes any difference.

DH and I both wore shorts first night and 7th night

DH and I wore long pants both formal nights (2nd and 6th)

Remaining nights, DH wore shorts and I wore capris or blue jeans.

Others in the dining room wearing shorts or blue jeans.  We saw no one turned away, even on formal nights.

6 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

The times they are a’changing (or rather, have changed). 
Much to the dread and dismay of the stuffed-shirt brigade! 🤣

Isn't it nice for a change not to have to conform to a set of rigid standards. Especially from those formalists who have tried for years now to force everyone to live by what they consider proper. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...as expected, we are racing towards 350 responses to this age-old topic! 😄

And yet, here you are with post # 335. LOL!!

BTW: I'm still here as well, with # 337. Bigger LOL!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

And, as I mentioned yesterday, this happens only on the Princess boards.  I follow HAL and Celebrity boards, as we also cruise with them.  This whole dress code marathon of name calling and being so disrespectful to other members just does not happen.  If someone new to their boards makes an inquiry, then it’s answered in one or two posts and done.  If I were a new member and read the Princess boards, I would never come back.  What happened to civility?

Perhaps it simply because the number of posts on other cruise lines has calmed down because their dress codes were relaxed a few years back. Princess was the last holdout of the mass market cruise lines and hence there are still a good number of the formalists who dislike any changes. 

Do you remember the heated discussions when smoking was more common on Princess? I'm certain that in a yew years, these dress discussions will follow suit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

And, as I mentioned yesterday, this happens only on the Princess boards.  I follow HAL and Celebrity boards, as we also cruise with them.  This whole dress code marathon of name calling and being so disrespectful to other members just does not happen.  If someone new to their boards makes an inquiry, then it’s answered in one or two posts and done.  If I were a new member and read the Princess boards, I would never come back.  What happened to civility?

Following this post, there was much discussion about why so much more debate and angst on Princess board than HAL and X.  I think the main reason is that HAL and X have a smart casual dress code and guests can always dress up anytime they like.  Meanwhile, Princess is hanging to pretty much the same recommendations they have had for years, while the practice on the ships resembles what HAL and X have been doing for a while now.  If Princess followed suit, then we wouldn't have the incessant "do I have to wear a suit" type questions.

• Like 1