Embarkation Lunch on Solstice

WanderingTheWorld

It has been several years since my husband and I sailed with Celebrity, and we have a cruise booked on the Solstice this spring. What are the lunch options on embarkation day? I've read that the MDR is open to Concierge Class, but we don't fall in that category. We prefer to avoid the buffet on embarkation day because it is such a madhouse. Are there any other embarkation day lunch options? Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

No, the Oceanview Cafe is the main option for all up to veranda guests. You can go to the Mast Grill for a burger or hot dog.

Concierge class gets the MDR, Aqua gets Blu and Suite guests get Luminae.

Blu is breakfast and dinner, not lunch

Options if not in Suite or Concierge  are usually -

Ocean View Buffet

Mast Grill -  Hamburgers and Hot Dogs

Sushi on 5 and or Raw on 5 - Ala Carte

Craft Social May be open but not sure for Ala Carte  (E-Class)

Spa Cafe is not open

I believe Eden Cafe is also closed on embarkation day.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WanderingTheWorld said:

It has been several years since my husband and I sailed with Celebrity, and we have a cruise booked on the Solstice this spring. .... We prefer to avoid the buffet on embarkation day because it is such a madhouse. Are there any other embarkation day lunch options? Thanks!

If you are taking Solstice to Mexican Riviera, the passenger load may be less than your previous experiences;  the OVC may not be the "madhouse" you have seen on earlier cruises. But I assume it will be crowded somewhat if you visit in the "prime hours".

If the madhouse is a concern for you, as it is for me, consider adjusting your boarding time to later in the day. We typically check-in after 1:30pm and get to the OVC around 2:00 or a little later when the crowds have diminished. 

• Like 1

I live nearby and would recommend https://www.sanpedrofish.com/ which is right on the water and its about 1.4 miles from the ship.  They'll let you bring your luggage there but I would recommend dropping off your luggage with the porters just so you don't have to deal with it

Otherwise, got an extra $11.74 in OBC?  Get room service...lol 

• Thanks 1

Actually, I am not sure that Celebrity offers room service on embarkation day.

But our OP has stated that they haven't cruised with Celebrity for several years.  Since the resumption of cruising after the global suspension Celebrity now has folks pick up their sea passes from the mail slot outside their stateroom door.  While the stateroom attendants may not have fully prepared the stateroom folks are free to drop off their carryons and put valuables in the safe.  Not having folks schlep around their carryons makes a surprising difference and the public venues don't feel as crowded.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, WanderingTheWorld said:

It has been several years since my husband and I sailed with Celebrity, and we have a cruise booked on the Solstice this spring. What are the lunch options on embarkation day? I've read that the MDR is open to Concierge Class, but we don't fall in that category. We prefer to avoid the buffet on embarkation day because it is such a madhouse. Are there any other embarkation day lunch options? Thanks!

Spa cafe a haven of peace away from the chaos.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Actually, I am not sure that Celebrity offers room service on embarkation day.

But our OP has stated that they haven't cruised with Celebrity for several years.  Since the resumption of cruising after the global suspension Celebrity now has folks pick up their sea passes from the mail slot outside their stateroom door.  While the stateroom attendants may not have fully prepared the stateroom folks are free to drop off their carryons and put valuables in the safe.  Not having folks schlep around their carryons makes a surprising difference and the public venues don't feel as crowded.

You are correct….room service is not available for embarkation day lunch.  If the screenshot all day refers to the all Day menu, not time of day necessarily

9BCC5AAA-069F-4845-B40D-D095764687CE.png

Edited by cruisestitch