​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

Believe it or not, we found a cooler spot. Don't worry, we are doing OK. 

H1_124932.thumb.jpg.42268020992ae5d8ffdcbd21c68a379e.jpg

Of course we got these before heading down. 

Sharon, a strawberry Mango 

D1_122951.thumb.jpg.7ab5a302292416a446b75c8d65fef88c.jpg

Me, peach

D2_123140.thumb.jpg.7d31fffa7b74ab4c04dec0a148852972.jpg

You know you are getting used to cruising when you can walk down from deck 16 with a drink and phone in one hand. 😂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

Wow, that would have freaked me out. Not sure how I would have reacted. Do you know what they did?

The kids were watching TV,  The other just told them to get out.  No big deal made of it.  Just another cruise story to remember and share. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

You jinxed me!!!

Last week, the performer playing Sophie sounded fine, but tonight for the first half of the show, at least 80% of her singing was very nasal/whiny sounding!  She was fine in the second half, though.  Last week I saw the afternoon show instead of the 9pm show, not sure if that made the difference or what?

I'm sorry! 

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last October on Allure a couple sitting near us In Giovanni's told us they did not see their keys apon arrival and got new ones.  When they got back to the room they found out why.  Some teenagers grabbed the keys and were in there when they opened the door. 😲 

I wish we still got our SeaPass cards at check in...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

For John and company... I'm on again next week for the third leg of my B3B!  It's gonna hurt going home, though -- the Midwest has gotten one heck of a snowstorm this week.

Although we got more snow than normal, it is clearing.  Then down side they are saying ice storms are going to move in this week.  Just hope we make it in before it hits. 

If you don't mind we will continue the thread a little longer.  I have a bunch to catch up on.  You have done great posting.  You certainly don't come across as a 1st time "Live".  You even put space between pics without anyone suggesting!  I am so happy you invited me to share this with you and even happier for the fun time we had together.  

If anyone is cruising with @brillohead and can find her, you will have a great time.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hotrock said:

I will be on a sailing identical to this one except that I will have two grandchildren. (ages 5 and 7).  Your port days sound like so much fun.  Would you recommend taking the kids to those same locations?

Absolutely!

This week and also a couple months ago, I've had people join me with kids/grandkids aged 1yo to 8yo.  I would recommend bringing some basic sand toys to West Bay Beach, or even just a plastic cup and a big spoon if you don't want to carry big buckets and such.  Kids and sandcastles just go together.  I use Let's Go Roatan Tours exclusively in Roatan -- Josue Elias can set you up with your own private driver for the day.  Bananarama Beach Club is $15 per chair.

Maya Chan is very kid-friendly, and they have sand toys and floatie chairs there that you can borrow for free.  If you have kids that won't eat the taco buffet (flour or corn tortillas with your choice of steak, chicken, pork, or sea bass, with all the toppings, plus Mexican rice and a Mexican stew), if you let them know in advance / when you make your reservation, they can have chicken nuggets available for your group.  Your group will have your own palapa / casita area, so you have shade, chairs, a hammock, and a daybed that are yours.  Transportation is included in your admission price.  

And Nachi Cocum is a laid back resort, not a "frat party" vibe at all.  Bring sand toys here as well, since I don't think they have any to borrow.  Get there earlier in the morning if you want to make sure you get a palapa on the beach, they are first-come, first-served.  Transportation via taxi is $17 each way for 1-4 people, or $23 for 5 people.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you don't mind we will continue the thread a little longer.  I have a bunch to catch up on.  You have done great posting.  You certainly don't come across as a 1st time "Live".  You even put space between pics without anyone suggesting!  I am so happy you invited me to share this with you and even happier for the fun time we had together.  

If anyone is cruising with @brillohead and can find her, you will have a great time.

I'm going to have to do some catching up next week, too -- I'm going to set an alarm so I don't fall asleep reading and miss The Quest!  The young couple that sits next to me at dinner attended (this is their first Royal cruise) and they were a bit shocked at how inappropriate it got, even though I warned them!  (They're not prudes, either -- just not used to that kind of behavior in public!)  They said they couldn't believe how much they laughed!  

I have totally enjoyed meeting you and Sharon and company, @Ozark_Kid, and sharing adventures together!  Hope we can meet again on a future cruise, too!

• Like 9

11 hours ago, perfect match said:

If you want some really great snorkeling nest time you’re in Cozumel, try Sky Reef! They’re a small beach bar not too far from where Royal ships dock and have several different entry plans to choose from ranging from all inclusive food and drink to the very basic plan we chose which allowed us use of their facilities to snorkel, snorkel gear rental if you need it, one drink each, a 5 minute massage each, and a tequila tasting.

I've been wanting to try different things, so I just might hit Sky Reef next week!  I've seen the signs for it when going past to other places, but never heard anything about it.  Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I'm on again next week for the third leg of my B3B!

Some people are just spoiled...you dog!

HOpe you come back next week and add some here, it's been a really fun and informative ride...thx!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 1:44 PM, macsails said:

I've been sitting here for at least an hour reading y'all's postings.  Great job! We are going on the Allure departing Feb. 12th. and I've made lots of notes from your postings.  Thanks for sharing.

One question, do you know if the Texas Tenors will be entertaining on board in Feb?  I'm not sure where to look for that information on line.    

We will be on this cruise also celebrating hubby's birthday and our 48th anniversary. We've never been on a big ship like Allure before, but we are looking forward to it.

Gloria

• Like 2

I learned something while in the hot tub. I talked to a couple in the hot tub that went to Momma Mia. They sat up front next to a lady who claimed to be Sophie's real mom. The mom said that her daughter playing Sophie this week is actually a backup.  I personally kept telling my gang it was not the Sophie we saw in October.  They thought she was the same and just lost weight. I thought if it's her she changed her hair too. Maybe Brillo can attend next week and confirm. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ft. Lauderdale. And truthfully, I'm not positive when we sail. 🤔

It looks like it's just you and the Nieuw Statendam left in port. You're both scheduled to depart at 5:00 P.M. Seems like your weather went from lousy to crappy. Those are some nasty looking clouds overhead.

Have a safe and enjoyable cruise.

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe Brillo can attend next week and confirm. 

It was the same girl last week, but a different girl last year when I was on Allure.  The girl I saw last year was a bit taller, I think, with blonder hair (not totally white-blonde, but medium blonde, whereas the current Sophie has NO blonde in her hair at all).  

But I'll report in again next week!  

Hey @Ozark_Kid, did you wanna meet up for one final drink sometime tonight?

• Like 3