Vaping on quantum of the seas

Kitalion

Exactly this  ^

The rules clearly state no smoking in cabins or balconies, including vaping, cigarettes, cigars, etc. 

I don't care about the opinions (that go on and on about whether Vaping is harmful or not)...it's not the point.   It's against the rules.  Don't like the rules...don't cruise with RCI...simple.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

RCL rules I think were made to be broken........here is a perfect example:  "Pool deck chairs are only available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved. We want to ensure that all guests have a great time at the pool. If a pool chair is left unattended for more than 30 minutes with no signs of any guests returning, our crew will remove any belongings and place them in the lost and found." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

RCL rules I think were made to be broken........here is a perfect example:  "Pool deck chairs are only available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved. We want to ensure that all guests have a great time at the pool. If a pool chair is left unattended for more than 30 minutes with no signs of any guests returning, our crew will remove any belongings and place them in the lost and found." 

And that makes it right when pax ignore that rule?   They are called inconsiderate "Chair Hogs"....but that is another entirely (and very popular) subject on CC.  😉 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

No question about your statement regarding the chair rules being violated does not happen on every cruise. Many policies are violated but do not ask me to agree that they should be violated.

My problem was the poster trying to have those who abide by the rules agree with them that vaping in a non-smoking area is not a violation of the rules.

They can disregard the rules but do not try and convince me the rules SHOULD be broken on purpose or agree that it is ok to break them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly this  ^

The rules clearly state no smoking in cabins or balconies, including vaping, cigarettes, cigars, etc. 

I don't care about the opinions (that go on and on about whether Vaping is harmful or not)...it's not the point.   It's against the rules.  Don't like the rules...don't cruise with RCI...simple.  

BTW, I'm not buying the line, "room attendant even saw her do it and he said as long as she doesn’t do it anywhere else like on the balcony shell be fine"!!!!

• Like 5

Just now, davekathy said:

BTW, I'm not buying the line, "room attendant even saw her do it and he said as long as she doesn’t do it anywhere else like on the balcony shell be fine"!!!!

Yup...me thinks I smell something fishy...and it's not coming from the sea.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gavvy said:

There is so far Zero Evidence that vaping is as harmful as smoking. (there is some evidence that vape may cause some harm but nothing to suggest at the moment its like smoke)  I don't do either but I look at the facts, if somehow you have some information that vaping is as bad as smoking I suggest you share it in a science journal ASAP as all would be keen to hear it.

Vaping is not smoking by the way, Vape produces vape which is mainly water, smoking produces Smoke!

I prefer to look at facts to make an informed decision.  

I’ll start off that I don’t smoke or vape. But I wanted to touch on the above statement that there is zero evidence that vaping is harmful.

While I don’t watch Dr Phil, I happened to turn on the tv and he was doing a show the other day about the harmful effects of vaping.  I only watched for a few minutes, but long enough to see a couple of young ladies telling their stories of the permanent lung damage they now have due to vaping. Collapsed lungs, surgeries and partial lung removal among other issues.

So I can’t agree that there is zero evidence that vaping isn’t harmful. Who knows what will show up in the future. Remember how cigarette commercials made smoking look harmless.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

And that makes it right when pax ignore that rule?   They are called inconsiderate "Chair Hogs"....but that is another entirely (and very popular) subject on CC.  😉 

My point is that there are many RCL (and other cruise line) rules that are frequently broken/ignored.  To me, most aren't important and don't affect the quality of my cruise.  A few are:

1.  People with a 1:00pm check-in time for embarkation and show up at 10:00am.  Doesn't bother me but these people are actually amusing when they huff around if told they'll have to wait (though usually nothing is said).

2. Chair Hogs:  I find amusement in this one when someone comes along and moves their belongings, the chair hog arrives and the drama begins.

3.  Vaping in their room:  doesn't bother me at all, staff also seem to overlook it in venues if away from others.

4.  Wait until your debarkation group is called before proceeding to deck XX:  this can be irritating at times when so many people disregard and slow down access.

There's probably dozens more:  I guess everyone just needs to proritize where the vaping violations sit on the list of importance for rules frequently broken.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’ll start off that I don’t smoke or vape. But I wanted to touch on the above statement that there is zero evidence that vaping is harmful.

While I don’t watch Dr Phil, I happened to turn on the tv and he was doing a show the other day about the harmful effects of vaping.  I only watched for a few minutes, but long enough to see a couple of young ladies telling their stories of the permanent lung damage they now have due to vaping. Collapsed lungs, surgeries and partial lung removal among other issues.

So I can’t agree that there is zero evidence that vaping isn’t harmful. Who knows what will show up in the future. Remember how cigarette commercials made smoking look harmless.

You add to a previous statement that I made in response to this statement. I wonder if we are just being played with. I just signed off on it and let it go. Unless you are going to agree with their viewpoint, your words will not matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

My point is that there are many RCL (and other cruise line) rules that are frequently broken/ignored.  To me, most aren't important and don't affect the quality of my cruise.  A few are:

1.  People with a 1:00pm check-in time for embarkation and show up at 10:00am.  Doesn't bother me but these people are actually amusing when they huff around if told they'll have to wait (though usually nothing is said).

2. Chair Hogs:  I find amusement in this one when someone comes along and moves their belongings, the chair hog arrives and the drama begins.

3.  Vaping in their room:  doesn't bother me at all, staff also seem to overlook it in venues if away from others.

4.  Wait until your debarkation group is called before proceeding to deck XX:  this can be irritating at times when so many people disregard and slow down access.

There's probably dozens more:  I guess everyone just needs to proritize where the vaping violations sit on the list of importance for rules frequently broken.

I’d add rum runners to this list, not something I do, but I couldn’t care less if     other do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kitalion said:

Just off quantum of the seas.  I can definitely attest that they do not enforce the no vaping (e cigs) in cabins.  My best friend and I shared a balcony room and she vaped the entire week in the room (not on the balcony or anywhere else).  I didn’t mind - I kind of like the very subtle smell.  No alarms went off or anything as the smoke deter was not set off by the very small amount of vape. AND the room attendant even saw her do it and he said as long as she doesn’t do it anywhere else like on the balcony shell be fine!!!!  So, if you have a low smoke, low smell vape you are more than likely going to be fine vaping in your cabin.  Discrete is the word tho. 🙂

Wow. Throw an employee under the bus. I hope It can’t track your name with your room

2 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

You provide excellent examples of disregarded policies that I cannot argue against. They happen. Do not ask me to approve of disregarding those policies.

😉

18 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So I can’t agree that there is zero evidence that vaping isn’t harmful. Who knows what will show up in the future. Remember how cigarette commercials made smoking look harmless

It won't be long.

I started smoking in 1965 (quit in January 1991 and it wasn't even a New Year resolution) and at that time cigarette packs didn't have the warning on them yet of the dangers of smoking. 

Just asked my friend Google and she said in 1969  Congress passed the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act which prohibited cigarette advertising on television and radio and required that each cigarette package contain the label “Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined That Cigarette Smoking Is Dangerous to Your Health.”

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’d add rum runners to this list, not something I do, but I couldn’t care less if     other do.

It probably doesn't affect my cruise but irks me a bit that passengers will agree to a cruise contract and then just ignore it by sneaking booze onboard.

47 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Point taken, and I can attest that many are indeed broken...but breaking the rules....still not cool. 

Unfortunately for the human race....rules do not apply to the selfish.  To down play it as que sera sera...speaks volumes of society we live in.  

Still does not make it right.   

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I guess everyone just needs to proritize where the vaping violations sit on the list of importance for rules frequently broken.

Since this thread is about vaping...if someone is vaping and I can see or smell it, game on. And those busted need to accept the consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1.  Ahhhhh, just use "spitless chewing tobacco pods".  Problem solved.  LOL  But, that's how I quit smoking back in circa 2008.  It's a nasty habit that took many years, until about 2021 to get over wanting a cigarette, everyday, and after most meals, especially holiday meals and while drinking adult beverage(s).  

2.  I'm not that sensitive to the smoking issue as many, however.  I'm a non-smoker that doesn't mind being around smokers.  BUT, I'm a rule follower.  And I believe a company and home owners/renters/property owners have the RIGHT to make their rules on their property.  If you don't like them, don't go, end of story.

3.  I think that much of this anti-smoking/vaping has gone a little too far.  But, that's a whole other story for another board and another time.  BUT, again, I'm a rule follower.

4.  I don't trust "one and done" posts.  Until this is defended vigorously by the OP, I don't believe a word of it.

5.  If true, there may be a surprise on their next credit card statement for the filtering of the air in that cabin. What is the penalty for smoking/vaping in a cabin up to today, ~$250.00?  The Steward is working for tips.  When the guest is gone and the tip is given, who knows what the Steward will say and to whom.

6.  I believe this, the OP is just a $%!# disturber, at this point, at best.  Still only one post!  Imagine that.    

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Since this thread is about vaping...if someone is vaping and I can see or smell it, game on. And those busted need to accept the consequences. 

Oh you would have loved this.   On Jewel last week, we were in the designated "Pinnacle lounge" which was really just a sectioned off area of the VCL for 2 hours, (which did not mean much to us, since we would have been at the bar in there anyway)......this double family group waltzed in past the obvious sign, and then sat as a group in that area.  With the "blue" and not gold cards on their lanyard...Ok, not Pinnacle.  Whatever.  

Then...both of the adult males lit up Vape pens and did not give a crap that they were inside.  I finally had to point them out to the CL that was in there with blinders on...Ummm...excuse me?  😐

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh you would have loved this.   On Jewel last week, we were in the designated "Pinnacle lounge" which was really just a sectioned off area of the VCL for 2 hours, (which did not mean much to us, since we would have been at the bar in there anyway)......this double family group waltzed in past the obvious sign, and then sat as a group in that area.  With the "blue" and not gold cards on their lanyard...Ok, not Pinnacle.  Whatever.  

Then...both of the adult males lit up Vape pens and did not give a crap that they were inside.  I finally had to point them out to the CL that was in there with blinders on...Ummm...excuse me?  😐

And that's the other half of the problem. 🤬

• Like 2