Is Check-in Really Strict

pudy68

2 hours ago, pudy68 said:

What happens if we show up before our check-in time? Do they usher you into a group of same timeslots so you never get in ahead of your timeslot?

No one has checked times on any of our recent cruises. Just show up when it works for you. 

• Like 2

From the 3 trips I have done recently.

At 3 different ports.

I cannot recall anyone asking or validating your check-in times.

The only people who seem to care, are the busy-bodies on these forums.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, pudy68 said:

PC

Port Canaveral has been getting ridiculously busy of late with the Wonder, Mardi Gras and Wish all there now. We don't show up more than 30 minutes ahead of our scheduled arrival time no matter the port. I know when we went on NCL and Mardi Gras in PC last year they absolutely checked the time on our boarding pass and waved us through. 

In Miami for Symphony OTS last month they checked our time before letting us through. If you are there with a large mass of people they will probably check your arrival time. If it's slower and the terminal is not full, they will probably let you though. 

30 minutes early seems fine. I'm not sure how they're working with folks who show up earlier than that these days. 

• Like 1

I've sailed out of Bayonne, Baltimore, Tampa, and Port Canaveral in recent times.  They've all had lines set up for different check in time, however, no one has ever really checked the time before getting in line.  They do check the sail pass at the door, but I have never seen anyone turned away.

• Like 1

I have seen check-in times strictly enforced at Port Miami, Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. I have also seen them not look at your check-in times at these same ports. I have been on 23 cruises since cruising resumed post COVID. It has been close to 50/50 if they enforce check-in times or not. 

• Like 2

Related question-what if we're later than our time? We're driving to Miami, and shouldn't take more than about 3 hours that morning, but with 95, you never do know. I plan on getting the earliest time I can with full intentions to be there on time, but if we get stuck in traffic will we need to wait until the latest slot?

23 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

Related question-what if we're later than our time? We're driving to Miami, and shouldn't take more than about 3 hours that morning, but with 95, you never do know. I plan on getting the earliest time I can with full intentions to be there on time, but if we get stuck in traffic will we need to wait until the latest slot?

When you arrive just get in line if there is one, and proceed as you normally would. 

• Like 2

Our check in time at PC on Jan 15 was 12 noon.  We arrived at the port at 9:30am and were on the ship by 10am.  No one checked or cared.  We wanted to get a parking space, which is why we got there so early.  As it was, the entire second floor of the garage was empty since departing passengers had already left.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, matj2000 said:

From the 3 trips I have done recently.

At 3 different ports.

I cannot recall anyone asking or validating your check-in times.

The only people who seem to care, are the busy-bodies on these forums.

Spot on.  Glad someone else wrote it, as I was put in time out for saying less.  Gotta love the 'make sure you're voice is heard' banner...what a joke.

We cruised out of Baltimore and just recently out of Bayonne. We had early check in times and were surprised by the number of other people checking in also. No one ever looked at what time we were supposed to be there, so basically come when you want. 

Cheers

Len

On 1/27/2023 at 7:40 PM, Diver2014 said:

Our check in time at PC on Jan 15 was 12 noon.  We arrived at the port at 9:30am and were on the ship by 10am.  No one checked or cared.  We wanted to get a parking space, which is why we got there so early.  As it was, the entire second floor of the garage was empty since departing passengers had already left.  

Which terminal/ship?  I never had a problem getting a parking space at Terminal 1. I am on Jewel next month, which is Terminal 5. I had planned to arrive around 11AM as I assumed I would not have a problem getting a space. Should I plan on an earlier arrival?

Edited by Straughn

10 hours ago, Straughn said:

Which terminal/ship?  I never had a problem getting a parking space at Terminal 1. I am on Jewel next month, which is Terminal 5. I had planned to arrive around 11AM as I assumed I would not have a problem getting a space. Should I plan on an earlier arrival?

We were on Wonder of the Seas at Terminal 1 however, last June we were on Mariner of the Seas at Terminal 5.  Again, it was no problem getting on before our assigned check in time.  There were plenty of spaces to park at Terminal 5 and the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as around Terminal 1 at 11am.