Bringing Beer On Board?! Here's an idea

Dave_Nut

6 hours ago, Riles34 said:

image.png.240e2c8a656ad7c328cebb520d13c6e8.png

Just buy two of these and they will have them ready day one. You can try your idea but when they catch you, you can feel like an idiot lol

This is a must for me. I absolutely love having a cold beer in my room whenever I want it. There's been many a morning when I wake up, and go straight to the balcony with a beer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave_Nut said:

LOL.  Thought it may have been an idea, but after the feedback with cases being opened, it's shot down.

Not that I'm advocating smuggling, but we're on Mardi Gras right now... we brought on a case of coke zero (sealed) and our friends brought in two cases. None were opened or inspected, and one of the cases for our friends was not fully sealed. The box had started tearing so he trapped it shut. Nobody even questioned it. 

It's funny how inconsistent the policies are. One time, out of Charleston, I saw them opening someone's 12 pack of Coke....however, they didn't open ours. That was the only time I saw anyone's 12 pack get opened. We have started putting our 12 packs in a roller beach bag and it just goes thru the scanner and we're off so to say they always open it is not accurate and honestly, it would really really delay the embark process imo if they did that.

Now, I'll add this...in December, out of Port Canaveral, they had all of us stop so a drug sniffing dog could make his rounds. That's never happened before in my 14 Carnival cruises but again, just my opinion, it doesn't need to happen every time. They just need to do thing often enough to make people possibly think twice. 

Finally, a funny...on that last cruise that I mentioned, we did see someone's 12 pack of "coke" bust open after the security checkpoint and there were 10 bud lights and 2 cokes rolling on the floor for anyone who wanted them because they just kept walking along lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1.  I don't think this will work.

2. Yes, you can buy a bottle for your room even if you have Cheers. If you buy a bucket of beer or bottle of wine before you hit your 15-drink limit (you can't pay for them with Cheers), I don't think it goes against your drink limit.  If you do it after hitting your drink limit, they won't sell it to you.

Wow. Re-read this post and I must give off a "non-alcohol sneaker" vibe because I have never once had my Dr Pepper cartons opened or inspected and have never had my wine inspected.  Once I even walked on with the alcohol for our entire party (6 or 7 adults) in one carry on suitcase and didn't get inspected.  Our party got split up and I was concerned about it, but they didn't say anything. 

42 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Wow. Re-read this post and I must give off a "non-alcohol sneaker" vibe because I have never once had my Dr Pepper cartons opened or inspected and have never had my wine inspected.  Once I even walked on with the alcohol for our entire party (6 or 7 adults) in one carry on suitcase and didn't get inspected.  Our party got split up and I was concerned about it, but they didn't say anything. 

Out of Texas? Pretty sure Dr. Pepper is protected in Texas from all rules.😃

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

It may be hit or miss but having your 12 packs torn open for inspection makes it very inconvenient to tote around loose cans. 

Every time I've seen them open a 12 pack for inspection, they open it carefully enough so they can tape it back closed.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Every time I've seen them open a 12 pack for inspection, they open it carefully enough so they can tape it back closed.

I think it was the Port Canaveral and they were just ripping them open, eyeballing every can.  It was the same port that the woman in front of me got her backpack dumped out because they saw a mini bottle of vodka.   

Never had soda boxes opened either or seen it happen to anyone around me and many times seen boxes perched on luggage or getting toted around after security intact.

Last two cruises bought bottles of booze in ports and after security looked for the table to drop it off and both times there was a table but it was empty with no one there. Just took it on up to the cabin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Same here! And I've carried on quite a bit for my group over the years because I'm usually the only one who remembers to bring an extra bag to carry it in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Out of Texas? Pretty sure Dr. Pepper is protected in Texas from all rules.😃

Yup!  Maybe the Dr. Pepper lets them know I am a Texan and they leave me alone, lol. 

• Like 1

Not into smuggling but my 12 pack of club soda fits perfectly in the brown bags I get at the Polo store at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall. I have never once had my 12 pack opened, inspected or questioned. Never.

POLO RALPH LAUREN Factory Store Brown PAPER SHOPPING GIFT BAG TOTE 16x12x6”

Edited by sanmarcosman

On 1/27/2023 at 12:31 PM, cmichael1221 said:

That might be my only major complaint with Carnival...  I generally cruise with my college friends once a year  and drinking 15 beers a day like the good 'ole days isn't too hard for us, especially sleeping about 6 hours a day, haha!

Drink 16oz beers and it’s like 20 regular beers.

4 hours ago, SantoriniPirate said:

I have successfully filled the center of a 12 pack of soda with beer.  

It can be done!

This has a higher chance of working with the older crowd, say in your 50s or above. If you are a giggling 20  something the odds of them tearing apart your "soda" go up exponentially 🤣.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, Eli_6 said:

Wow. Re-read this post and I must give off a "non-alcohol sneaker" vibe because I have never once had my Dr Pepper cartons opened or inspected and have never had my wine inspected.  

Same! We have done 4 Carnival cruises out of Long Beach and never had our soda opened. Must be random.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, Dave_Nut said:

So, I'm planning on getting the Cheers Package, but I was thinking it would be nice to sip a good IPA on our balcony. 

Carnival does offer up some pretty good beers, on tap and in bottle/can.  On top of the Parched Pig IPA, I seem to recall Sierra Nevada, Terrapin, and a few others.

Let's see if this link works, it has images of all the bar menus:

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Carnival does offer up some pretty good beers, on tap and in bottle/can.  On top of the Parched Pig IPA, I seem to recall Sierra Nevada, Terrapin, and a few others.

Let's see if this link works, it has images of all the bar menus:

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/

Thanks.  This is great.  A 32 oz mason jar refill of any beer is $8.95 at the brewhouse.  Thats cheap $4.50 a pint. I will be heading there!!!!

• Like 1