Get Upgraded Question

looking4info

Not sure I completely understand so quick question. If we bid and do get an upgrade from Concierge Class to Sky Suite do we receive all the suite perks like wifi, premium drinks etc? I thought that was the case but I read this on the email and it would make me think no. Any help is appreciated . Thanks

"The upgrade does not include any additional promotions or amenities".  

We just "Moved Up" from Aqua Class the Sky Suite (on the Beyond) and we had the "All Included" ( Classic Drink Package, Basic Internet and Tips).  I know this doesn't get upgraded (but we keep it), we have to pay the difference in cost for tips, and neither do we get the extra OBC.  Understood.

However:

In a Sky Suite are the drinks in the Mini-Bar included, unlike in say Concierge where there is a charge even if you have a drink package? 

Is Room Service still free?

Can you keep the robe and/or slippers after the cruise?

Edited by Andy_P

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

In a Sky Suite are the drinks in the Mini-Bar included, unlike in say Concierge where there is a charge even if you have a drink package? 

No the mini-bar is not included, but you can talk to your butler and see if he is prepared to replenish non-alcoholic items that you prefer, but this is not an official amenity in the lowest suites.

Room Service is free, and no you don't get to keep the robe, or the umbrella or the binoculars, or sheets, towels or anything else in the suite 🙂

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

The slippers aren’t worth keeping.   They are very cheap and one size fits all.   Ok  if you have very large feet

You can keep the robe but you will get a post cruise charge.   If you want to purchase one ask for a new one and not one that has been used many times.   Same price.   They use to have a price sheet in the cabins for some of the items.  I think it has been eliminated.  

There are many things in the cabin that people will take.  Be careful.    The fake leather folder is $250.  I know because the Retreat host had one and it was very worn.  I said that we could replace it with the one in our cabin.  She said don’t do that.   She said she asked to get a new one and they told her it would be $250. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

The slippers aren’t worth keeping.   They are very cheap and one size fits all.   Ok  if you have very large feet

I agree that they aren't worth keeping, but they are very nice to have in the room, so says DW. They're way too small for me. 

You can keep the sea pass card holders they give you.  We use ours all the time, even when sailing other cruise lines.  When my DW does not have pockets in her outfit, I carry it in my pants pocket with my card on one side and my DW's on the other.  

1 hour ago, Ripheus said:

I agree that they aren't worth keeping, but they are very nice to have in the room, so says DW. They're way too small for me. 

Definitely too small for my size 15 eee , in upper suites you get pajamas and can get them monogrammed, you used to be able to get robe and have that monogrammed not sure if that’s still the case . 

19 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Wish they had pj or robe that are suitable for Caribbean weather so I have one less thing to pack. But the one size fits all probably won’t work my my tall husband.

Pajamas came in different sizes . I will call ahead to get them monogrammed.

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Pajamas came in different sizes . I will call ahead to get them monogrammed.

Hi George - it's you cruise friend Debbie. Adam and I will be on the Equinox in April - first time in a Royal Suite - can't wait. Hope you both are well - does Royal Suite get he PJs? 🙂  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, desiro said:

Hi George - it's you cruise friend Debbie. Adam and I will be on the Equinox in April - first time in a Royal Suite - can't wait. Hope you both are well - does Royal Suite get he PJs? 🙂  

Congratulations on your royal suite, yes you should get the pajamas, you should be contacted by concierge before and you can tell them yo monogrammed the,. We are aLeo doing a royal suite on summit in March for our annual rock and romance charter . We are doing fine , it was fun meeting you and your husband on Edge , hopefully we can sail together on a future cruise . All the specialty restaurants are free and you will get two liters of liquor, you can just pick which ones you want , we don’t normally spend that much time in suite so we normally bring the liquor home with us. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations on your royal suite, yes you should get the pajamas, you should be contacted by concierge before and you can tell them yo monogrammed the,. We are aLeo doing a royal suite on summit in March for our annual rock and romance charter . We are doing fine , it was fun meeting you and your husband on Edge , hopefully we can sail together on a future cruise . All the specialty restaurants are free and you will get two liters of liquor, you can just pick which ones you want , we don’t normally spend that much time in suite so we normally bring the liquor home with us. 

Sounds good - thanks!  We are looking forward to it!!  Have fun in March!

6 hours ago, Andy_P said:

We just "Moved Up" from Aqua Class the Sky Suite (on the Beyond) and we had the "All Included" ( Classic Drink Package, Basic Internet and Tips).  I know this doesn't get upgraded (but we keep it), we have to pay the difference in cost for tips, and neither do we get the extra OBC.  Understood.

However:

May I ask how far in advance did you get the upgrade and how much did it cost?  

5 hours ago, miched said:

You can keep the robe but you will get a post cruise charge.   If you want to purchase one ask for a new one and not one that has been used many times.   Same price.   They use to have a price sheet in the cabins for some of the items.  I think it has been eliminated.  

There are many things in the cabin that people will take.  Be careful.    The fake leather folder is $250.  I know because the Retreat host had one and it was very worn.  I said that we could replace it with the one in our cabin.  She said don’t do that.   She said she asked to get a new one and they told her it would be $250. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

In a Royal Suite, you used to get free monogrammed bathrobes, they changed to monogrammed PJ's.  On our last Equinox cruise in a Royal suite we got nothing- but the typical Royal suite perks- we always leave the cheesy slippers.  Not only are they cheap, but you can slip and fall with them so be careful.

9 hours ago, Mark_T said:

No the mini-bar is not included, but you can talk to your butler and see if he is prepared to replenish non-alcoholic items that you prefer, but this is not an official amenity in the lowest suites.

Room Service is free, and no you don't get to keep the robe, or the umbrella or the binoculars, or sheets, towels or anything else in the suite 🙂

And your butler may be willing to go beyond that.  Ours put rocks glasses with Jack Daniels and Grey Goose in the fridge to go along with the mixers.

18 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

May I ask how far in advance did you get the upgrade and how much did it cost?  

Got the offer by email on 6 Dec and made an offer of $50 over minimum the same day.  Our original deal was quite good, so with the MoveUp costs, the cost to us is a bit more than half of what the suite would have cost had we booked it in the past month or so.  You don't acquire everything (e.g. OBC's, Premium Drinks and Premium WiFi), but we already had "All Included", so we could purchase all that and be at about 60%.  However, in the Retreat and Luminae, it's pretty much only Premium that's served and that is included.  We'll see how good the Basic WiFi is and after a day or so, could upgrade for the remainder of the cruise for a bit more than $100.

The big downside for us is that we couldn't choose the location, but we did ok. 

Edited by Andy_P