Upgrade to Yacht Club Offer ... Ugh The Decisions Never End!

tonyfall1

Well I thought my decisions were over.. but not yet.. not yet.. ugh. So I scored an aft cabin Bella experience. Now I just got an upgrade offer to upgrade YC.  It looks like I have a good chance at YC interior for 345 PP or YC terrace for 460 PP. Ugh more decisions. It's more than I originally intended to spend on my cruise. decisions decisions. Also, we're more laid back relaxing type people would YC be too stuff for us?

Edited by tonyfall1

Absolutely not.  All the Yacht Club areas are spacious enough that your cruise can be as private as you wish. Based on the offer I’m assuming this is a 4-day cruise? If you count up all the things you will not be paying for in the Yacht Club the upgrade cost is lessened some. Be warned. Once you sail Yacht Club you will be torn each booking to only sail Yacht Club.

• Like 6

It's a 7 day Caribbean. Are the gratuities significantly more for YC? What about the dress code, is it more formal. Not looking for a super formal experience, if it is casual with perks I may do it. For 460 is says I have a strong chance for an Aurea with terrace and world pool. 

image.thumb.png.af5a6f9cac07b07e487390e044db0610.png

Edited by tonyfall1

13 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

Are the gratuities significantly more for YC?

The same as where you are now. 

13 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

What about the dress code, is it more formal.

"Dress Codes" are more like suggestions than actual codes. Enforcement is also inconsistent. You'll be fine wearing whatever you currently are planning to wear. 

15 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

Not looking for a super formal experience,...

It's not unless you want it to be. 

• Like 1

We're on the Divina now in YC. I recommend it. One example of a benefit is that we had a sea day yesterday and it was very windy and rough. All of the pools were closed and the loungers were full and decks packed outside the YC. Inside YC the pool was open (even though wavy) and I had it alone. There was no worrying about getting a lounger. It was relaxing.  Also, after we were back from port the other evening around 5, we practically had the pool deck to ourselves and really enjoyed the hot tub. 

Even if you upgraded to YC Interior, there is so much space to enjoy.

• Like 3

Tony, if I may, I'm going to take the opposite view as most...

Although the prices for the bid are really good and it would make sense to jump at it, there comes a point of diminishing returns for some, and Lovey and I are two of them.

For example, we would never do an inside cabin on a normal cruise, we enjoy siting outside, alone in the morning, and in the evening. Especially in an aft room, you just cant beat the view and the sounds

We could really care less about the extra service.

We can unpack ourselves, walk ourselves to shows.

Lovey and I are not foodies either, the regular menus are fine for us.

We would have do do a balcony, and remember, that extra cost gets you close to another cruise.

Also the screen shot you posted is not YC, it is Aurea Suite, you will still be with the unwashed masses. The Aurea experience does come with a few extra perks, (that we did spring for on our next MSC cruise), but I do not think the extra perks carry over if you bid. Except they do with YC.

All that being said, when you read about the great time folks have, and look at the photos they post, I can see the draw for some.

Someone said:

It doesn't cost anymore to go first class, you just cant stay as long.

Edited by Fla Mike
sp
  • Like 1

Oh, thank you for pointing that out.  They sandwiched the Aurea in between two YC offers I misread it and thought all 3 were YC offers. I will just stick with my aft cabin bella.

image.thumb.png.99cf09e0a9fb4b46c4eb82b687f474c4.png

Edited by tonyfall1

4 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Oh, thank you for pointing that out.  They sandwiched the Aurea in between two YC offers I misread it and thought all 3 were YC offers. I will just stick with my aft cabin bella.

image.thumb.png.99cf09e0a9fb4b46c4eb82b687f474c4.png

Aurea suites came with the drinks package. Not sure if they do now. If the occupants drink then it may be cheaper to upgrade as you'll also get a few extra perks, including anytime dinning. I believe the Aurea suites are also in a good location on the ship.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raj.K said:

Aurea suites came with the drinks package. Not sure if they do now. If the occupants drink then it may be cheaper to upgrade as you'll also get a few extra perks, including anytime dinning. I believe the Aurea suites are also in a good location on the ship.

In the past a bid to Aurea officially did not come with any of the Aurea experience benefits.  Recently MSC/Plusgrade actually made changes to the Terms & Conditions that do allow bids from the lower experiences, Bella and Fantastica, to Aurea cabins to now get the Aurea benefits.  See #17 in the T&C's below.  Previously only Yacht Club bids came with the associated experience benefits. 

However, Aurea no longer comes with a drinks package or the massages.  Winning Aurea bids now officially get the my choice dining time (and restaurant on certain ships), thermal spa access and the few other cabin amenities. 

https://upg.stage.plusgrade.com/terms/partner/9Ck2Ks4MSC?lang=en *

https://upg.stage.plusgrade.com/faq/partner/9Ck2Ks4MSC *

*Above website links may change their content after this posting date.

MSC UpGrade T&C 01-2023.docx

Edited by Até
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jeep said:

What is access to the Top Solarium that you get with the Aurea package please

It varies widely by ship class, but is basically access to a reserved sun deck area.  Some have dedicated hot tubs, some don't.  Particularly nice on Seaside and Seaside-plus classes that also have dedicated bars.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Até said:

It varies widely by ship class, but is basically access to a reserved sun deck area.  Some have dedicated hot tubs, some don't.  Particularly nice on Seaside and Seaside-plus classes that also have dedicated bars.

Thank you. We are on the Spendida 

YC inside is very small, that picture is deceiving but I plan to sail YC inside on my August cruise because I can get two YCI (I have a family of 4) for $2k less than 1 YC deluxe (I hope I do not regret).

YC you get your private restaurant, bar, pool, lounge that over looks the front of the ship -- how much time do you really spend in your cabin?

One of my favorite parts of the YC was one night they had a small party on the pool deck with a buffet seafood buffet, and music and dancing.

You get free access to the thermal spa.

My wife and kids like the afternoon tea.

3 hours ago, xcell said:

YC inside is very small, that picture is deceiving but I plan to sail YC inside on my August cruise because I can get two YCI (I have a family of 4) for $2k less than 1 YC deluxe (I hope I do not regret).

MSC has a few deceiving photos/renderings so people should be cautious when selecting a stateroom. One example is MSC showing a wheelchair accessible interior stateroom as a representation of interior staterooms. The wheelchair accessible one is much larger than the standard ones. 

se_msc_yacht_club_interior_suite_03.jpg?

^^ Here's what the MSC website shows for Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaview/Seashore/Seascape.

1133-ir2-ir1-int.jpg

^^ Here's an actual Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaside EVO class. 

• Like 1

I just booked yacht club for the Divinia December 28th executive family suite, and the Seascape April next year with an Inside Yacht club.  The price for the Divinia sailing is 1/3 of a price for an AquaClass Celebrity Beyond.  Plus the experience by most accounts seems to be better than the Retreat.  My feeling is just do it.  I have been researching MSC since 2019 and this will be my first time.  I wanted it to be a pleasant relaxing experience not nickel and diming.  

On 1/31/2023 at 7:02 AM, tonyfall1 said:

Well I thought my decisions were over.. but not yet.. not yet.. ugh. So I scored an aft cabin Bella experience. Now I just got an upgrade offer to upgrade YC.  It looks like I have a good chance at YC interior for 345 PP or YC terrace for 460 PP. Ugh more decisions. It's more than I originally intended to spend on my cruise. decisions decisions. Also, we're more laid back relaxing type people would YC be too stuff for us?

I say go for it.  Just off Meraviglia, 7 nighter in the YC had the balcony cabin...had a blast.  Was nice to be able to explore the ship then come back to perfect service, room on the pool deck..etc...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I just booked yacht club for the Divinia December 28th executive family suite, and the Seascape April next year with an Inside Yacht club.  The price for the Divinia sailing is 1/3 of a price for an AquaClass Celebrity Beyond.  Plus the experience by most accounts seems to be better than the Retreat.  My feeling is just do it.  I have been researching MSC since 2019 and this will be my first time.  I wanted it to be a pleasant relaxing experience not nickel and diming.  

Our last trip was in one of those three rooms on Divinia.  

1 minute ago, CruiseScrooge said:

I'm going solo soon and my upgrade offer from balcony to YC email says it is based on 2 people. MSC and its woeful customer service and IT makes me nervous to put in a bid and maybe get charged for two.

Read the Terms & Conditions, solo travelers are charged twice the bid amount.