New website.

Riocca

5 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Just to let you know, yesterday we got a letter from Guest Services granting us USD300 credit onboard. 🙂 However the super luxury problem is that we will disembark on Saturday in Athens, so not much time to spend on it. However, we manage to get the very last booking in Prime C tomorrow.

Rather chilly here in Greece today with lots of rain and hail.

Were you originally scheduled to dock the day before?  That happened to our cruise on Journey last October – Piraeus port notified Azamara long after they had set up the itinerary that they were full and we had to wait a day.  That added a day to my cruise (at no charge) and subtracted one from the following cruise.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:30 PM, Heartfelttraveler said:

QUESTION - 

When I research cruises on the new website, choose a cruise, and go to see what cabins are available - when I choose a category, instead of going to a list of available cabins, it goes directly to ask for my personal information or sign in.

Is that what is happening for everyone?

Once the transition simmers down they will gain and review insights that users who are forced to sign in/up prior to seeing total prices and cabin locations will likely leave the site and book elsewhere. 

What a great Easter present  !
We now have our 3 cruises showing on our account 👏👏👏 . First one leaving in 15  days so was getting a tad anxious.

Tier points and status good. Just going through a few details and changing husband back to Mr from Mrs ! Goodness know where the remaining balance of our obc is ,but will sort that later.

There are several random ££ amounts showing that mean nothing to me but the lead  page  says booked in full so that's good  enough. Pre booked  excursions are all showing plus all others available to book. Now an option to pre book a generic transfer from port to airport or City at end of cruise, request a time and I presume that information will assist them on board re coaches. Although I’ve just booked, no option to pay yet and we would use obc.

I’m liking the look of the pages so far. 👍 .

• Like 3

We also now have our 1 upcoming cruise showing, definitely correct room details, and looks like correct set of booked excursions 🙂

We have an (incorrect) outstanding balance showing, and (incorrectly) no loyalty points.  I suspect that the (incorrect) outstanding balance is due to a lack of recognition of the OBC we have. 😞

However, it is so good to see progress.

For info.. the above info became available 24 hrs after I had submitted a 'query form' which stated that both upcoming cruises and loyalty details were incorrect.  I received a courtesy email to say that some updates had been made.

Overall this progress has really cheered us up..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NeilWM said:

I was wanting to book a couple of Azamara cruises in the near future but think I need to review Oceania and Viking options instead 🥃

If you still like the look of the cruises on offer, this could be the time to use a travel agent, even if you usually prefer not to. A good agent can save you a lot of hair-tearing at times like this.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, NeilWM said:

I was wanting to book a couple of Azamara cruises in the near future but think I need to review Oceania and Viking options instead 🥃

Yes, they are great options.  If you don't mind missing promised time in ports [Oceania] or paying in full over a year in advance [Viking].  Every line has some weak points.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2023 at 9:50 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I got it as an email today.

I have a (fully paid up despite what the website shows) cruise in 2 months. No email from Azamara; maybe they're trying to save postage by not sending it to everyone?

I've submitted a query form, and will see what, if anything, that accomplishes.

Our upcoming cruises have been restored also.  I was thrilled when I saw that.  The bad news, some moron has made a mistake in the cruise prices and now they want $800 more.  One of our cruises is nearly $4000 and the other, same room, nearly $9000.  Now i'll take the first one as it's much less than we paid, but they can stuff the second one!  No way are they getting one cent more. 

I think we are finished with Azamara and will cancel the next two cruises.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Our upcoming cruises have been restored also.  I was thrilled when I saw that.  The bad news, some moron has made a mistake in the cruise prices and now they want $800 more.  One of our cruises is nearly $4000 and the other, same room, nearly $9000.  Now i'll take the first one as it's much less than we paid, but they can stuff the second one!  No way are they getting one cent more. 

I think the prices are all over the place. It’s not a problem if you have your original invoice. Why don’t you raise a query with the using their query form.

• Like 4

The process of migration to the new website is horribly annoying, I agree. But it will eventually work itself out, and it doesn’t affect the onboard experience that we’ve always enjoyed. It’s not an omen of things to come. It’s a glitch, albeit a very frustrating one. Babies and bath water come to mind…

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 4:30 PM, Heartfelttraveler said:

QUESTION - 

When I research cruises on the new website, choose a cruise, and go to see what cabins are available - when I choose a category, instead of going to a list of available cabins, it goes directly to ask for my personal information or sign in.

Is that what is happening for everyone?

Same here.  And when I sign in and proceed with choosing the cabin type, it automatically assigned one to me. There was a drop down to change the cabin number after that,  which I did, but upon completing the reservation it reverted to the first automatically assigned one.  I know it’s impossible to get through by phone right now, so I guess we’ll just leave it be. I can’t see any way to change it at this point. It put us in 7008, which is farther forward than I would have chosen. (The website does show you the available cabins on the drop down at booking, but it just doesn’t retain the choice you make.) Oh well, I am sure it will be a lovely cruise and worth any headaches up front! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mrs Skip said:

We also now have our 1 upcoming cruise showing, definitely correct room details, and looks like correct set of booked excursions 🙂

We have an (incorrect) outstanding balance showing, and (incorrectly) no loyalty points.  I suspect that the (incorrect) outstanding balance is due to a lack of recognition of the OBC we have. 😞

However, it is so good to see progress.

For info.. the above info became available 24 hrs after I had submitted a 'query form' which stated that both upcoming cruises and loyalty details were incorrect.  I received a courtesy email to say that some updates had been made.

Overall this progress has really cheered us up..

vYou've been very luckly Jane, though ours is hopelessly wrong as well. Future bookings, incoices balances, obc, loyalty points are all incorrect. I submitted my 'query form' about 4 days ago but nothing has been updated yet.  I'm not concern as I will address at the right time onboard in the next week or so.  I'm a 'records manager' so I am going armed with a whole host of information in paper form to substainate.  I do feel for those working onboard as I fear they will be the brunt of the complaints from the guests.  We know they're not to blame.  Hope you're well. Jenny and Neil

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Enjoy your new cruise lines, whoever they may be.  More room for us😀  I have the same issue but know wholeheartly that the discrepencies will be corrected and I have maintained my own records, but you're free to cancel and go elsewhere.

• Like 6

I was becoming concerned because I finally was able to access my upcoming cruise on-line but it said I owed $2,400.  I knew I was paid in full and was concerned about cancellations.  I called Azamara early in the morning, around 8:00 am PDT, and stayed on hold for 15 minutes.  Finally I gave up and opted for the call back when it was my turn.  At 3:00 pm I got my call and the service representative was very pleasant and put my mind at ease.  She said all my payments were in their old system but had not yet been transferred.  I was assured my balance was zero and nothing would be cancelled.  She said the payments will catch up with the charges on the new website shortly.  

• Like 5

It has been quite concerning all around, but I had to laugh when a shore excursion on my upcoming cruise was priced at US$ 1,00,000.  One million dollars !!! And no description of what is entails.  Hard to plan for this cruise.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, TeaBag said:

You are aware that the system is having some serious glitches and they are feverishly working on it? To be "finished" with Azamara, or any cruise line for that matter when it's an unfortunate technical issue is unfortunate.  Dismiss a cruise line if they suck or it's not what you like, don't dismiss them if there's an internet issue that they know about and are fixing

• Like 6

2 hours ago, tango9 said:

It has been quite concerning all around, but I had to laugh when a shore excursion on my upcoming cruise was priced at US$ 1,00,000.  One million dollars !!! And no description of what is entails.  Hard to plan for this cruise.

You may have clicked on "Shore extortions" instead of "Shore excursions".

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, tango9 said:

Ha, I win.  I have one phantom shore excursion booked as $2.5 million.  Grin

I seem to recall the US Obamacare roll out was a bit of a mess too.  Patience is the watchword in our house.

We have 7 cruises booked and while they all show on our account I am not worried as I know all the issues will eventually get resolved.  I too have all the back-up paperwork, as does my TA.  Worst case is I get more OBCs.  BiGGeR Grin.

NtSTiRReD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Drill-n-Fill said:

You are aware that the system is having some serious glitches and they are feverishly working on it? To be "finished" with Azamara, or any cruise line for that matter when it's an unfortunate technical issue is unfortunate.  Dismiss a cruise line if they suck or it's not what you like, don't dismiss them if there's an internet issue that they know about and are fixing

Folk have different tolerances to this kind of thing. What many see as a simple internet issue, others will see as a serious brand flaw. While Azamara have asked for patience during a difficult time, they've failed to acknowledge the impact these problems are having on some customers. There's really no excuse for that and can give the impression that they really don't care.

Not in the least bit surprised some customers may not deal with them again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really like the onboard product on Azamara and I will no doubt be back to them eventually. However, they are not a charity and they are not doing us a favour by letting us be beta testers for their website.  The data migration is difficult and complicated but that's why the managers get the big money. and it should not be as poor as this. They need to be more pro active in communicating with their customers. The website is their shop front and at the moment it isn't enhancing the brand or earning them any extra revenue. When the site is functioning as planned it should offer a better experience compared to before and only time will tell if that is the case. Just because other lines have issues as well it shouldn't excuse the failings here.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

vYou've been very luckly Jane, though ours is hopelessly wrong as well. Future bookings, incoices balances, obc, loyalty points are all incorrect. I submitted my 'query form' about 4 days ago but nothing has been updated yet.  I'm not concern as I will address at the right time onboard in the next week or so.  I'm a 'records manager' so I am going armed with a whole host of information in paper form to substainate.  I do feel for those working onboard as I fear they will be the brunt of the complaints from the guests.  We know they're not to blame.  Hope you're well. Jenny and Neil

In another Azamara website update, our loyalty points are now showing correctly 🙂

Excursions are as expected in terms of number (including a cancellation made on 15 March) but associated costs are incorrect, which I am sure can be sorted quite quickly on board.   I suspect OBC will be the last section of the data to be soerted, but positive movement over the last 2 days.

Like you Jenny, I do hope that those we interact with face to face do not have to bear the brunt of justifiable annoyance.   Hope you're both well and that you enjoy your cruising time also.

• Like 3