New website.

Riocca

15 hours ago, PaulS said:

For those of you who can see their status and points on the website, have you kept the same loyalty number? I can see our future cruises, but they have assigned both my wife and me new numbers with zero points. For some reason I am at the adventurer level and my wife is at the preview level when we both should be discoverer plus.

Exact same with us, me at Adventurer and Nan at Preview. We are both Discoverer. We sail Onward on Jun 10, flying to Venice on Tuesday.

The OBC issue doesn't bother me as that's just money and will eventually get sorted out. Not having the appropriate loyalty perks is something that's difficult to correct after you've missed them. 

Kevin

37 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

This is one of my (few) remaining concerns as we get ready to sail next week. I was actually able to speak to someone at Azamara (!!!) who helped us to buy the package we wanted, and book most of the excursions. However, they could not see our TA OBC and we could wind up in a situation like yours - every day that passes onboard with the OBC in limbo, it turns more and more into a pumpkin.

For example, say on cruise day 5 we take an excursion for $200, paid for out of pocket since we've already used all the Azamara OBC. If on day 6 they are able to fix the TA OBC (call it $200), what are the odds that in such a case Azamara would allow us to retroactively use that OBC and refund the out of pocket excursion cost?

That too was our only “issue” onboard-  it seemed that quite a few did not have their TA OBC credited upon boarding. Our Azamara OBC was all there upon boarding. After showing proof of the little $200 TA OBC- they kept saying it would be credited the next day. Well not- halfway through cruise, I decided this aggravation was not worth it and told them so. The guest relations agent went behind the wall and came back and said it was now credited. Only problem was our TA OBC has always been refundable  but they made it non refundable so it needed to be spent. 
Good Luck

22 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

That too was our only “issue” onboard-  it seemed that quite a few did not have their TA OBC credited upon boarding. Our Azamara OBC was all there upon boarding. After showing proof of the little $200 TA OBC- they kept saying it would be credited the next day. Well not- halfway through cruise, I decided this aggravation was not worth it and told them so. The guest relations agent went behind the wall and came back and said it was now credited. Only problem was our TA OBC has always been refundable  but they made it non refundable so it needed to be spent. 
Good Luck

Our TA gives us the choice of insurance, rebate after the cruise, or OBC. We always take the rebate as that's the easiest option. Taking OBC can lead to issues like yours and is harder to keep track.

Glad you got it credited, finally. 

• Like 2

Oh dear! 🤔

At the time of changeover my number and level (Discoverer Plus) were correct, but points from a Celebrity cruise in December 2022 which were there before the changeover had been removed and points from our February Azamara cruise had not been added.

I sent in the form with documentary evidence (screen grab of My Azamara prior to changeover) and February cruise, but no response.

I have not looked for some time as we do not have a current booking, but given many of the recent comments about altered numbers and loyalty status, I logged in this morning to find :

* New Azamara Circle Number

* Current Tier - Preview (as above should be Discoverer Plus)

* Points - 0 (my 1296 points have been swallowed up somehow)

I can see no point in trying to get this corrected before the ongoing mess is better sorted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nuts4pi said:

Both the AZ & Seaware sites now have our correct AC account number, though still missing points from our 2 most recent cruises.

Up until a few days ago, the Seaware site had us with a new loyalty number, Adventurer tier with 0 points.

Both sites have our upcoming (2/2024) cruise listed correctly (we even added the land tour a few days ago & everything updated correctly).

Bottom line: we're seeing some progress! 😁

what is the URL for Seaware website? Do you use your Azamara login and password?

I am a first time cruiser with Azamara and created the account for my husband and I under my email, Now I show no upcoming cruises in my account. Some advised to change the password but instead I made an account under my husband's email and all info was originally there but now no OBC showing although Azamara sent an email stating the amount that I do have is correct. Taking hard copies along with me onboard. 

Does the Seaware site have a link to air reservations made through Choice Air? I cannot get into that site any longer but have checked with the airlines and my reservation is still there. Hopefully Azamara pays them before my cruise in August!

7 hours ago, kml246 said:

Exact same with us, me at Adventurer and Nan at Preview. We are both Discoverer. We sail Onward on Jun 10, flying to Venice on Tuesday.

The OBC issue doesn't bother me as that's just money and will eventually get sorted out. Not having the appropriate loyalty perks is something that's difficult to correct after you've missed them. 

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Wally and I are trying one more time to get to Iceland. Was so disappointed that we had to cancel that cruise last year in June. I put a lot of time into creating our website. 

We will be on the August 7, 2023 Iceland Intensive cruise this time. Hope you had a great cruise to Iceland without us...but then you jumped ship to the Enchanted!

We will get to Iceland hopefully on our 4th attempt! Made a new website for his cruise.

Aloha,

Marilyn

31 minutes ago, Hula Girl67 said:

Hi Kevin,

Wally and I are trying one more time to get to Iceland. Was so disappointed that we had to cancel that cruise last year in June. I put a lot of time into creating our website. 

We will be on the August 7, 2023 Iceland Intensive cruise this time. Hope you had a great cruise to Iceland without us...but then you jumped ship to the Enchanted!

We will get to Iceland hopefully on our 4th attempt! Made a new website for his cruise.

Aloha,

Marilyn

Hi, Marilyn,

Glad Wally is doing well and you will finally get to Iceland. We did enjoy our cruise on Enchanted last July, but we would probably have enjoyed it more on Azamara. We took our first Azamara cruise in December and liked it so much, we booked several more cruises. Tuesday, we leave for a B2B Croatia Intensive and Italy Intensive. Azamara's a big change from the Princess Royal-class ships, but a change we like. We will be in the same general area as you in August, doing Ireland and Scotland on Regal Princess. 

Though I don't have tons of experience with Azamara, I'm confident things will be fun on our upcoming cruises and we'll try not to sweat the small stuff. 

It's good your flights are there. We've stopped booking flights with the cruise lines and go directly now. The advantages of booking with the cruise lines are not enough to make up for the loss of flexibility when you book directly with the airlines. 

Enjoy,

Kevin

8 hours ago, kml246 said:

Kevin

Kevin - I'm interested to hear if they get sorted once onboard.  TIA

Liz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hula Girl67 said:

what is the URL for Seaware website? Do you use your Azamara login and password?

When you log into your Azamara account & click on "Manage my Reservation" (or book a new reservation), you are automatically taken to the SeaWare site (SeaWare is the booking system that AZ now uses). THAT is the site where the loyalty account number, points, & tier have not yet been synced with the transferred RCCL records (Celebrity CC & Azamara AC). Hence, the "placeholder" new number, etc., that is supposed to be updated by the end of June (we'll see).

You use the same login info that you use for your AZ account if you choose to go directly to the SeaWare website. 

I can't address your question about Choice Air as ours is done independently (we're given no option to add it to our reservation either).

Edited by Nuts4pi
Clarify statements
  • Like 1

I will just caution anyone who has cruise air with Azamara to be checking your air.

British Airways is cancelling a lot of flights these days.  I used Miles with AA to book my return flight from LHR back to US on 6/24. Today I woke up to an email from AA saying, please contact us.  My flight on British Airways was just cancelled.  

Needless to say I spent a couple of hours on the phone rebooking my return flight on AA, not British Airways.  I lost premium economy because it is all booked out at this late date.  So for that 10 hr flight, we are lucky we got the last two extra legroom seats at least.  It could have been worse, it could have happened in the middle of the cruise that I received this notice or worse yet, had the flight cancelled on the day at the airport.

There are also lots of strikes that may happen to air and rail in Europe so there’s potentially going to be a lot of travel pitfalls  this summer.  keep checking your air, no matter whether booked with Azamara or booked independently! 

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nuts4pi said:

When you log into your Azamara account & click on "Manage my Reservation" (or book a new reservation), you are automatically taken to the SeaWare site (SeaWare is the booking system that AZ now uses). THAT is the site where the loyalty account number, points, & tier have not yet been synced with the transferred RCCL records (Celebrity CC & Azamara AC). Hence, the "placeholder" new number, etc., that is supposed to be updated by the end of June (we'll see).

Well, at the time of the changeover :

* my Azamara Circle Number was correct and remained so until sometime within the past couple of weeks when it was changed to a new number.

* my Current Tier was also correct at Discoverer Plus, now very recently changed to Preview - it seems my 31 Azamara cruises and several Celebrity cruises fell into a black hole.

* my Points were incorrect, having had some removed and others just not added in as noted in post #1404 above. Now even the incorrect points have gone, leaving me with 0 instead of 1296.

So, at least in my case most of the information was correct at the time of changeover, but has now been "lost." I'll look again at the end of the month . . . . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I will just caution anyone who has cruise air with Azamara to be checking your air.

British Airways is cancelling a lot of flights these days.  I used Miles with AA to book my return flight from LHR back to US on 6/24. Today I woke up to an email from AA saying, please contact us.  My flight on British Airways was just cancelled.  

Needless to say I spent a couple of hours on the phone rebooking my return flight on AA, not British Airways.  I lost premium economy because it is all booked out at this late date.  So for that 10 hr flight, we are lucky we got the last two extra legroom seats at least.  It could have been worse, it could have happened in the middle of the cruise that I received this notice or worse yet, had the flight cancelled on the day at the airport.

There are also lots of strikes that may happen to air and rail in Europe so there’s potentially going to be a lot of travel pitfalls  this summer.  keep checking your air, no matter whether booked with Azamara or booked independently! 

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my BA reservations and they are all still there. We fly out of San Jose , CA to Heathrow and there is only 1 flight a day so hopefully it will not be cancelled.We do fly on to Oslo and return home from Copenhagen so have to keep an eye on those 2 flights. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hula Girl67 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my BA reservations and they are all still there. We fly out of San Jose , CA to Heathrow and there is only 1 flight a day so hopefully it will not be cancelled.We do fly on to Oslo and return home from Copenhagen so have to keep an eye on those 2 flights. 

Hi, neighbor! Sunnyvale here also.

If you have any issues regarding the BA flight from SJC, you should ask to change you to one of the SFO-LHR flights. A bit longer drive, yes, but that would be preferable to them changing you to an AA flight connecting in LAX/ORD/DFW.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Sorry to hear this, but glad you found a replacement. Flying isn't fun these days. Along with the turmoil have come insanely high prices. 

As you know from our time together in December, we had problems on our September cruise because Hurricane Ian caused damage at our home. We were on day four of a 21-day cruise in the Med and decided to get off in Rome on day seven to fly home. We had booked the air through Princess. Even though we could access our return flight on the United website, we couldn't make changes without going through Princess. Ultimately, Princess couldn't do what we wanted, so we just cancelled the return flight with Princess and booked our own flights home. Lesson learned - we now book all our air directly with the airlines. Same with hotels. 

Regarding strikes in Europe, at least they're scheduled and there are many restrictions on when and how long. For those flying into Italy on June 4 and 5 (fortunately we arrive on June 7), there is a planned strike involving ground crew, and some other unions are joining in. United is allowing free changes for anyone flying on those dates. We don't need to change, but our flight is now much fuller. We're lucky we got our business upgrade a while ago, as now there are only two seats left. 

Happy travels,

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hula Girl67 said:

Nice you have at least one non-stop from SJC to LHR. I just checked flightconnections.com and there are a number of one-stop connections on OneWorld (AA and BA) that aren't too bad should your flight be cancelled.

image.png.2af4410a3308b47416bec1078ead9e21.png

58 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thank you

Here are the basics of what you’ll need to know:

Look first at the “SETTORE” (sector) column for the word “TRASPORTI” (transport), which will indicate it’s impacting some form of transportation.
Scan the “DATA” (date) column to see if any of them correspond to dates during your trip.

Then look across at the “DOVE” (where) column to see if any of those strikes are impacting the place you’ll be on that date. Note that if you see the word “NAZIONALE” in that column, it means the whole country is affected.
Finally, if you find a strike happening in the city you’ll be visiting, look at the “SCIOPERO” column to see precisely what transportation is on strike – it could be all trains, a certain station, just buses, or some combination of transportation. Click on the link in that column to get more details, including the duration of the strike (it could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days; they’re often 24 hours).

Here is a more simplistic resource, in English

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

Nice you have at least one non-stop from SJC to LHR. I just checked flightconnections.com and there are a number of one-stop connections on OneWorld (AA and BA) that aren't too bad should your flight be cancelled.

Mine was the non stop PHX.  There is a morning one and afternoon one.  Looks like BA are cancelling the afternoon ones for quite a stretch of time in June, anyway.

14 minutes ago, blag said:

Here are the basics of what you’ll need to know:

Look first at the “SETTORE” (sector) column for the word “TRASPORTI” (transport), which will indicate it’s impacting some form of transportation.
Scan the “DATA” (date) column to see if any of them correspond to dates during your trip.

Then look across at the “DOVE” (where) column to see if any of those strikes are impacting the place you’ll be on that date. Note that if you see the word “NAZIONALE” in that column, it means the whole country is affected.
Finally, if you find a strike happening in the city you’ll be visiting, look at the “SCIOPERO” column to see precisely what transportation is on strike – it could be all trains, a certain station, just buses, or some combination of transportation. Click on the link in that column to get more details, including the duration of the strike (it could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days; they’re often 24 hours).

Here is a more simplistic resource, in English

Thank you again. I was able to look if there is a strike planned, selecting the dates in which I will be in Italy before my cruise. As far as I could see, there is no strike planned between June 26th and 28th.

Ivi

1 hour ago, blag said:

Here.

Not easy to navigate, and in Italian.

It covers every 'sector'. 

You can use Google to translate any website from another language to English. Go to “Google Translate” and subtitle “website”. Copy and laste the url there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

Thank you Kevin! So kind of you to look that up. Our other option is to fly direct from SFO San Francisco, but we really prefer the smaller San Jose airport. SFO is about 35-40 minutes away asa opposed to 10-15 mins. To SJC

Marilyn