New website.

Riocca

Before it was removed, I noticed a lot of people were having an absolute go at Azamara not only about that sailing but about others and general website issues.  I wonder if it was attracting too much negative publicity and that was why they pulled it, they try and keep that site as good news only

5 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

This post has apparently been removed from the Azamara FB page.

Honestly, I’m surprised that they don’t moderate comments before they post.

I am not comfortable inputting my full passport & demographic info into their Seaware site that is only secured by my booking number, name and sail date (all of which are on open email messages to me)

Perhaps the comment to that effect is why they removed the entire post instead of just the negative comments.

Jane

It’s not very different from entering your passport information into airline booking sites.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, uktog said:

The problems continue, love the reference to attention to detail 

IMG_1490.thumb.png.d72fdfc6064232ae9e75ea3a8023b425.png

I found it curious that it mentions this date and wonder if it will be expanded to other upcoming sailings as well. Why just this date?  

8 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It’s not very different from entering your passport information into airline booking sites.

You have a point, but I’m feeling uncomfortable with what seems like instability of data having anything to do with Azamara.  Of course they’ll do what ever they need to do with our passport info when we board, but I’m leery about giving it to them early.  It hopefully shouldn’t be a problem when we board in “Venice”/Fusina next week.

Jane

Just now, JaneStarr said:

You have a point, but I’m feeling uncomfortable with what seems like instability of data having anything to do with Azamara.  Of course they’ll do what ever they need to do with our passport info when we board, but I’m leery about giving it to them early.  It hopefully shouldn’t be a problem when we board in “Venice”/Fusina next week.

Jane

Many people arrive for cruises without having done online check in even in the good "olden days" pre new IT system so I would say if you do not want to enter this process you should be ok.  I would have thought if it was urgent, Azamara would email you or your travel agent

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, uktog said:

Many people arrive for cruises without having done online check in even in the good "olden days" pre new IT system so I would say if you do not want to enter this process you should be ok.  I would have thought if it was urgent, Azamara would email you or your travel agent

Agreed. I would’ve been notified, especially since my TA is my friend and is traveling with us and 2 other cabins.

Edited by JaneStarr

Update on my booking saga… I won’t go into too many details since I have made several posts here regarding the ordeal.
Last week, I received a few random emails from support@azamara. Replies to “forms” I had sent several weeks/months earlier. Totally confusing info. They didn’t seem to have a clue as to what was going on. Finally, got an email that made sense and I was told that they sent my booking invoice to my TA (until then, I had never received one). I sent a reply, requesting they send the invoice to me direct as I am no longer in contact with my TA.
Lo and behold, today, they sent it to me. Along with a screen shot of our OBC (which they acknowledged was $100 short). I don’t really expect them to get it corrected, but at least it was acknowledged. 
I still don’t understand how they got the pricing, but close enough to what I thought it should be, actually a little less. We made final payment a month ago so I’m hoping they can’t change the pricing now.

Over 5 months now since our statuses went from Explorer to Discoverer and the info is still incorrect. Hope that gets corrected before we sail. I know everyone says don’t worry, they have the correct info on board, but I think we’re in a bubble time warp when the migration began and Azamara is still seeing us as Explorer, although I have sent every date, ship, number of nights that we’ve sailed. They still can’t get this fixed. But,I guess we’re making progress. Still, shouldn’t have had this much aggravation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I had our new TA book a 2025 cruise on Azamara last month, I forgot to tell her our loyalty numbers so the website automatically created new accounts for both of us.  Finally decided to do something about it today.  Heard the advice to call as soon as the center opens, but I'm not a morning person so 11:15 was the best I could do.  Got through in <5 minutes, the rep was able to put our old account numbers on the booking (and was surprised that it 'took'), and we were done in exactly 7 minutes from the time I dialed the number.  Our old accounts were already correct from the hand-off, and now they reflect the new booking.  All set!  :classic_happy:

• Like 13

I just got off the phone with Azamara customer service to correct my loyalty account which has disappeared completely.  I sent several emails regarding this matter starting in April.  When I called 2 weeks ago, I was told that someone would send me an update by email which I never received.  Today, I was told that my account information would appear only when the entire department has been fixed.  The representative told me that it shows that I'm discover plus but doesn't show anything else. 

I have a cruise leaving next month and I'm beyond frustrated with Azamara.  I was planning on booking another cruise while onboard but I'm seriously reconsidering.  

On 8/10/2023 at 7:06 AM, fruitmachine said:

Assuming it was correct on the old system, that smacks of something being manually rekeyed rather than transferred electronically.  That's a scary thought, pointing at a complete meltdown in the transfer process, but might explain some of the issues.

I was actually told by someone I spoke with that they were manually rekeying.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Riocca said:

For those worried about luggage tags there is a page on the website that provides links for printing luggage tags for all the ships.

https://www.azamara.com/gb/booked-guests/before-you-board/packing-tips

Just back from 8/22 Italy Intensive on Onward from Venice/Fusina. 

We didn’t bother with luggage tags since they didn’t bother providing proper online check in. Luggage tags were no issue at all when checking in at Porto Marittima in «Venice» for Fusina. 

MOST AMAZING cruise except for the 33°C bus from Marittima to the port of Fusina where we sat in the very hot sun waiting 25 mins for the bus to fill before the 25 min drive to the port. Driver was obnoxious and refused to turn up the air conditioning. He said « it must be working because it is 38° [100+ °F) outside and «only» 33° inside the bus». He was sitting comfortably by an open window and out of the sun. I didn’t let Guest Relations know of the issue, so hopefully it will be addressed for future cruisers.

PS Just walked in my door an hour ago. Will provide further info later. 
Just know that a complimentary shuttle *was* provided on Day 2 to Venice from our overnight berth in Fusina. Will try to attach what we found on our bed announcing it after dinner on night 1.

IMG_1595.png

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday evening I was looking at the AZAMARA website with cruises for next summer and I found an incredible offer for the departure on July 31st.

I made the reservation with a lot of payment and after the conclusion of everything, when I checked on my account, I suddenly found that the cruise I booked was not the price I paid but 10 times more.

The amount paid is only an advance.

What happened?

It's really a disaster because the new price doesn't suit me.

How to do ?

I knew it was too good to last.

During all the trials and tribulations of the Az website all my details and bookings including OBC and Azamara circle level all remained correct.

I have just checked today and it is now zilch!

It will probably correct itself in due course, so much for thinking I’d escaped unscathed.

I’m not going to get too hung up by it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, norn iron said:

During all the trials and tribulations of the Az website all my details and bookings including OBC and Azamara circle level all remained correct.

It will probably correct itself in due course, so much for thinking I’d escaped unscathed.

I get the same occasionally if I log out clear cookies and log back in usually all is good again.

5 hours ago, norn iron said:

You made me check mine!  I'm now at zero points and an Adventurer. Azamara giveth and Azamara taketh away 😁

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You made me check mine!  I'm now at zero points and an Adventurer. Azamara giveth and Azamara taketh away 😁

Phil 

Hahaha, I've gone from Discoverer+ to Preview with zero points 😕 But I've got my new Az circle number back 😊

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Hahaha, I've gone from Discoverer+ to Preview with zero points 😕 But I've got my new Az circle number back 😊

This could be the Tuesday update problem, I say this because on our accounts I’ve noticed any changes always happen on a Tuesday.

Would pay to check the following, don’t log in on Azamara.com but select “Book now” on any random cruise this will take you to Seaware.Azamara.com the Versonix accounts software. Once there sign in with your usual login, once in your account select club programs, hopefully you will then see both your correct account number & points as well as this erroneous account. If you do just ask Azamara to delete the error account and everything should be fine 🤞

Can’t be 100% certain but I think these accounts were created as part of the account integration system and should have been removed ages  ago but some still seem to exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

This could be the Tuesday update problem, I say this because on our accounts I’ve noticed any changes always happen on a Tuesday.

Would pay to check the following, don’t log in on Azamara.com but select “Book now” on any random cruise this will take you to Seaware.Azamara.com the Versonix accounts software. Once there sign in with your usual login, once in your account select club programs, hopefully you will then see both your correct account number & points as well as this erroneous account. If you do just ask Azamara to delete the error account and everything should be fine 🤞

Can’t be 100% certain but I think these accounts were created as part of the account integration system and should have been removed ages  ago but some still seem to exist.

Thank you Riocca, I don't know how you discovered this but it definitely works. 😊