Process for booking Celebrity B2B online?

dave.s

I usually book my Celebrity cruises on their website. When booking a back-to-back cruise, do you just book the two cruises separately and link them afterwards, or is there a different process? Do you have to speak with someone at Celebrity?

Given the fact that we are retired and that air fare is generally the same or similar whether we are on a single cruise or B2B, we generally book at least a B2B.

I have indeed booked B2Bs separately and a number of times added legs after the original booking date.    Before final payment ensure that either your TA or Celebrity recognizes that you are on a B2B or B2B2B so that your B2B discount (not OBC) is applied to the legs.  And if you are having to change staterooms (which is not difficult at all) and have a preferred stateroom you can ask that stateroom be waitlisted.

You can just book both cruises independently but want to either have an agent or  Celebrity apply the B2B small discount.  

I usually just book myself and turn over to a TA for additional discounts and he handles all the rest

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Given the fact that we are retired and that air fare is generally the same or similar whether we are on a single cruise or B2B, we generally book at least a B2B.

I have indeed booked B2Bs separately and a number of times added legs after the original booking date.    Before final payment ensure that either your TA or Celebrity recognizes that you are on a B2B or B2B2B so that your B2B discount (not OBC) is applied to the legs.  And if you are having to change staterooms (which is not difficult at all) and have a preferred stateroom you can ask that stateroom be waitlisted.

What is this about a discount for b2b?

1 hour ago, katmigordon said:

There is a small discount for B2B cruises.  It is not an OBC.  There is a minimum length before it can be applied.  We were once on a B2B2B2B and the third leg was a really short cruise (two nights if my memory is correct) and that "broke" the chain of B2B cruises.  As already mentioned the cruises do not have to be booked at the same time but the discount should be applied before final payment.  Sometimes travel agents have to be reminded.

19 hours ago, katmigordon said:

I'll also be interested in hearing about the discount.   Something more I've never known about.   Possibly my agent or Celebrity apply it during the booking and never noticed it.

Edited by Jim_Iain

17 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Also, if you do not call it may not be flagged as B2B and if it isn't there could be problems with the consecutive cruise.  I.e, you might need to do a full disembark with luggage.

I've not experienced this before.   I had one that I couldn't get the B2B credit on because it was booked via 2 different agents and one post final payment.    Celebrity System just knows by you CC number and even break it out for the ship on how many B2B's of each class -   

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll also be interested in hearing about the discount.   Something more I've never known about.   Possibly my agent or Celebrity apply it during the booking and never noticed it.

We've always asked and have received it. I book over the phone or on the ship. As mentioned #6 it's $50 or $100 per stateroom, depending on the length of the cruise. 

17 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Also, if you do not call it may not be flagged as B2B and if it isn't there could be problems with the consecutive cruise.  I.e, you might need to do a full disembark with luggage.

Never experienced any of that. I've never called to verify or when on the ship. I've never asked at GS. Our stateroom attendants on the first days we meet has always commented, I see you're are B2B or something referencing we are consecutive cruisers. Are you speaking from personal experience?  

Edited by davekathy

When I originally called Celebrity I got an agent that didn't understand B2B bookings.

When I called back I got an agent who knew what she was doing and linked the 2 cruises and gave me a discount on both cruises.

• Like 1