Free At Sea Packages but why "at Sea" ?

Bertie Doe

2 minutes ago, Liz.m.m said:

I have seen on other boards that alcohol drinks are taxed while in some ports. Those drinks will have a small fee/tax. So that could prompt the "at sea" language!

I suppose they could go with 'Taxed in Town' but other than the alliteration, it's not something that would favourably catch customers' attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

Why are NCL using the 'At Sea' in their adverts? Is there any small print which compels them to use this term? Is the free upgrade guaranteed or subject to availability when you get onboard? Thanks in anticipation.

It is called advertising. A catch phrase that everyone recognizes. Like Tesco has a "Clubcard Pricing" for their sales. 

To me it means pay for everything you want up front and only minimal account to pay when you disembark. I have never thought it means everything is free as in you don't pay anything at all before, during, or after the cruise.

What works for me doesn't have to work for everyone. It is personal choice.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:31 AM, Bertie Doe said:

Why are NCL using the 'At Sea' in their adverts? Is there any small print which compels them to use this term? Is the free upgrade guaranteed or subject to availability when you get onboard? Thanks in anticipation.

Sea rhymes with Free.  Marketing slogan.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Because cruise ships don't go ashore (well, except for those lines that state they have a port of call  in Orlando, FL)....

The Escape tried to go ashore in the Dominican Republic last March. Didn’t turn out well. 

The Escape also tried to walk on the dock at Harvest Caye in January 2020 and the dock in Rome in 2021. Neither turned out well also. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 2