Just noticed this Celebrity offer from Chase Sapphire Credit Card

NutsAboutGolf

I think the key is that you have to book it via Chase site and since they are then your travel agent you could not transfer to another for additional perks.    Best to check what you agent would offer.    Mine will often match another agency and also provide additional perks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think the key is that you have to book it via Chase site and since they are then your travel agent you could not transfer to another for additional perks.    Best to check what you agent would offer.    Mine will often match another agency and also provide additional perks.

Im pretty sure that’s the case.  Also wonder if you’d be eligible for MoveUp.  Many avoid booking through Costco due to the MoveUp exclusion 

I have found that I get a better value if I transfer my Chase points direct to the hotel, airline, etc vs booking through Chase.  Just transferred point to a airline had I booked via Chase it would have been 110,000 pts per person.  Direct through the airline 75,000 pts per person.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I have found that I get a better value if I transfer my Chase points direct to the hotel, airline, etc vs booking through Chase.  Just transferred point to a airline had I booked via Chase it would have been 110,000 pts per person.  Direct through the airline 75,000 pts per person.

Not even sure if this offer applies if you use points.  Generally the best use of points is transferring them to an airline when there’s a bonus…That’s how you can book biz class long hauls on the cheap 

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not even sure if this offer applies if you use points.  Generally the best use of points is transferring them to an airline when there’s a bonus…That’s how you can book biz class long hauls on the cheap 

Are you talking about a time bound bonus?   I've seen the occasional bonus on Marriott and Apple but not on Airlines.  If so I need to pay more attention.    I wish they would have a relationship with Delta Skymiles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Are you talking about a time bound bonus?   I've seen the occasional bonus on Marriott and Apple but not on Airlines.  If so I need to pay more attention.    I wish they would have a relationship with Delta Skymiles.

Delta is part of the SkyTeam alliance, you can transfer them to another alliance member like Air France.  Here's an (older) article about using Chase/UR points for the ST alliance: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/redeem-chase-points-skyteam/

Limited time bonus, here's a recent bonus I personally recently used which is in the Star Alliance and therefore you can book United flights https://onemileatatime.com/deals/chase-aeroplan-transfer-bonus/

image.thumb.png.80d9657da8e7db1ad443ad6815c00859.png

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

I often find the same but I've also found that I can sometime book the same Flight with Chase using fewer point than if I transferred to airline

I just booked one last week where the points required on United were 50,000 per ticket but could book direct on Chase Reserve for 37,000 points.   The only disadvantage I've found if you need to change something you have to call Chase Travel (usually someplace in India) instead of calling United direct.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Haven't seen this posted but just a FYI if you have a Chase Sapphire Credit Card

This entire thread is about booking a Celebrity Cruise via a specific travel agency. I don't know why it hasn't been removed. Even their phone number is listed.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

This entire thread is about booking a Celebrity Cruise via a specific travel agency. I don't know why it hasn't been removed. Even their phone number is listed.

Valid.  Originally I thought it was more in line with an AMEX offer but now see that chase is the TA

22 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I got this before I booked my last cruise. Due to the fact that their pricing was brochure pricing the total cost including the upgrades was not close to the price my TA gave me.

First time I’ve heard of anyplace offering brochure rates; probably everyone gets desensitized to them after an hour researching which sailing you want

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Thanks.   Do you get any notifications for these bonus opportunities?

25% bonus on Flying Blue transfer right now.  It's the Air France/KLM program which is in the SkyTeam Alliance which includes Delta.  Generally speaking, you'd want to find award travel you want before making the transfer

On 2/9/2023 at 11:01 AM, jelayne said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 7:28 PM, Fly and Sail said:

Looks like exactly the same conditions I get displayed on the Celebrity Main website. Chase just passes them on and advertises it as something customers are only able to get through them.

I called Chase Travel and found out that the difference is that the OBC from Chase is in addition to the OBC from Celebrity (this was for the suites). They also give you a multiplier for rewards points on the card. I wasn't using points to book and didn't need airfare and hotel so it actually worked out in my favor but can't say I would use them in all circumstances.