Summit in Grand Cayman today No Bar

funship freddy

Just now, terrydtx said:

It is not so much doubting anyone's word as it so contradicts what has been posted previously at GC. I have seen all too many times that people post on CC before they verify the situation they are reporting.

Yes but many in those threads wouldn't take the OP's at their word initially either. The mocking and belittling on all of the previous threads was completely unwarranted. 

I am not trying to argue! Like you, I am just trying to gain a grasp of this situation. Like I said before Celebrity is NOT forthcoming and it's their responsibility to the customers. 

Patty 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, defnjeb said:

I am on the Apex and we are also in port at Grand Cayman. Only the pool bar is open. Thanks to all of the prior cruisecritic reports, we stocked some beer in our fridge for today!😀

That is my plan on the Equinox in June. We will also have access to the Retreat Lounge cooler full of chilled beer and some small bottles of wine.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cw2go said:

This is a thread also from the Summit with a CC review that reported no bars were open. 

That review, about which the other thread was regarding, didn't actually mention GC. It (presumably incorrectly) had stated all bars were closed on sea days.

This particular thread is the first time anyone has mentioned all bars being closed in GC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OysterD said:

That review, about which the other thread was regarding, didn't actually mention GC. It (presumably incorrectly) had stated all bars were closed on sea days.

This particular thread is the first time anyone has mentioned all bars being closed in GC. 

You're correct. Sorry! I should have re read it. I went from memory, just knew it was Summit...BIG FAIL! 🤪

Patty 

• Haha 1

Celebrity should stop calling on this port , if all ships did that they would change the rule , happy that my next couple of cruises don’t hit there. I am always in a suite so fridge will be stocked with beer and if royal suite we get liquor setup. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is my plan on the Equinox in June. We will also have access to the Retreat Lounge cooler full of chilled beer and some small bottles of wine.

We are also part of the retreat lounge and no beer, wine or more mixed drinks available until 5 pm. 

Just now, OysterD said:

This something we can all seriously doubt, if this had been true it would have been all over CC and social media. Not one word from anyone else that all the bars were closed on a Sea Day. The only instance I can remember reading about was on an Oceania cruise last year that while cruising in the waters of Saudia Arabia where local laws did not allow for any alcohol being served in their territorial waters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, defnjeb said:

We are also part of the retreat lounge and no beer, wine or more mixed drinks available until 5 pm. 

The Equinox has a big cooler for access by passengers in the Retreat Lounge 24/7 when unmanned and on previous Equinox GC postings, suites guests said they were able to get beer and wine from the unmanned cooler.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The Equinox has a big cooler for access by passengers in the Retreat Lounge 24/7 when unmanned and on previous Equinox GC postings, suites guests said they were able to get beer and wine from the unmanned cooler.

That’s great! I wish we had one on the Apex too! Then we would not have to go back forth to our aft cabin all day for wine and beer.  Lol

3 minutes ago, defnjeb said:

That’s great! I wish we had one on the Apex too! Then we would not have to go back forth to our aft cabin all day for wine and beer.  Lol

I am surprised they do not have the same coolers in the Apex Retreat lounge. We will be in both the Equinox  (stops in GC) and the Apex this summer both in the Retreat.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So is there nowhere to get bottled water, or soft drinks, Funship Freddy?  If not, that’s really terrible.

And technically, café al Bacio is classified as a bar. Is it open for coffees?

I would hope you could get the water and soft drinks in OVC with lunch.

19 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So is there nowhere to get bottled water, or soft drinks, Funship Freddy?  If not, that’s really terrible.

And technically, café al Bacio is classified as a bar. Is it open for coffees?

Water, Juices etc. available

No beer, Wine, booze

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

I wonder what is happening on other cruise lines while at Grand Cayman. 

Dailies posted in a Live From report from NCL Dawn's recent stop in Grand Cayman indicated 3 bars were open throughout the day while in port. 

But can they serve alcohol?

1 hour ago, funship freddy said:

I am sitting at the Pool Bar 12:29 / 2.09.2023

No bar service at all on Celebrity Sunnitc.

None

Did you ask why they weren't serving alcohol and why it wasn't mentioned in the daily newsletter as has been the case on all other cruises?

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

But can they serve alcohol?

The person reporting wasn't much of a drinker so I didn't ask. Lately I only frequent Celebrity, Princess and NCL boards and there has been no chatter of closed bars or no access to alcohol while at Grand Cayman I have seen anywhere but Celebrity. Both NCL and Princess have drink packages that most passengers use, so I think there would be chatter if the same was happening on other cruise lines. 

Edited by BettyCruiser

It is interesting to see the variation in how this is being applied ship to ship. We were on Beyond last week and during our stop in GC the pool bar was open and the retreat/retreat deck was serving drinks like normal. We noticed in the retreat areas that they were just keeping track of the room numbers. I assumed they then ran all the drinks through the system once we left GC. The information about the bar closures was in the daily and they made an announcement that morning as part of the daily announcement. 

Edited by prim8keeper
  • Thanks 3