looking forward to a suite

StormySeas

I loved getting coffee each morning in the suite lounge - they have a fancy machine that makes espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc. I'd pop up there and grab it to go. The Lavazza coffee machine in the suites are also great. 

5 hours ago, jtappend said:

I loved getting coffee each morning in the suite lounge - they have a fancy machine that makes espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc. I'd pop up there and grab it to go. The Lavazza coffee machine in the suites are also great. 

I found the Lavazza machine to be quite noisy. 

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I found the Lavazza machine to be quite noisy. 

That's why I never use it because it'd wake up the rest of the family.

But the lounge coffee is just as acceptable and I can fill an American-sized cup, not a tiny kid's tea set cup

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jtappend said:

Always check the reservoir before using. We found the bottom of ours filled with a clear goop that I can only assume was soap. Cabin attendant almost had a meltdown when we pointed it out. He couldn’t stop apologizing all week.

Edited by Big_G
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:46 PM, George C said:

I don’t think I ever left the suite lounge without a drink in my hand , on last cruise on several occasions concierge opened the door for me . 

Odyssey is way to far away to schlep a drink😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Always check the reservoir before using. We found the bottom of ours filled with a clear goop that I can only assume was soap. Cabin attendant almost had a meltdown when we pointed it out. He couldn’t stop apologizing all week.

Gross - i will definitely be checking that from now on  🤢

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Good point

I will never use a coffee maker in a cabin and/or any short term get away.

I can only shudder at what could be put in one............

So

ONE. IF BY LAND -----vacation we take our own electric pot.  pack in carrier and easily stow away.

TWO. IF BY SEA ---the DH takes a disposable cup carrier, that holds 4 cups--(TY McDonalds)

goes to the coffee place of the day, promenade, WJ, starbucks, Suite lounge.

Be safe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cigar King said:

It is.  My complaint there is the coffee is not as good as the machine in the lounge.

Oh yes! - it’s pretty noisy.  Just like a Nespresso espresso machine if anyone can relate to that.

Way better than the old coffee mate single serve drip machines they used to have IMO  Hated those.

9 hours ago, Cigar King said:

It is.  My complaint there is the coffee is not as good as the machine in the lounge.

I agree and the lounge machine is also much better than the coffee we've received from Room Service. 
It has gotten to the point where we bring instant coffee from home to enjoy when we want to have coffee in the room.  

Here is our choice for instant coffee:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U8NQYJ0

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It has gotten to the point where we bring instant coffee from home to enjoy when we want to have coffee in the room.  

My wife does this.  She has them bring a tea kettle so she has access to hot water.

She's been drinking Kenko lately.

Edited by Cigar King

10 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

My wife does this.  She has them bring a tea kettle so she has access to hot water.

She's been drinking Kenko lately.

Funny you should mention a tea kettle.  In our response to the Suite Concierge letter for our upcoming Harmony cruise I requested a tea kettle for our room and was told they did not have them available but we could make hot water with the Lavazza coffee maker. 

On Quantum last Aug/Sep we had no problem getting a tea kettle for our room.  I plan to wait until we are onboard and see what our room steward can do for us. 

I have not had Kenko instant coffee.  I will have to see if it's available locally and try it. 

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Funny you should mention a tea kettle.  In our response to the Suite Concierge letter for our upcoming Harmony cruise I requested a tea kettle for our room and was told they did not have them available but we could make hot water with the Lavazza coffee maker. 

We had no problem getting a kettle on Harmony.  In fact, we have never had an issue getting one on *any* ship.

• Thanks 1

An interesting perk I rarely see mentioned is the invitation to an event for suite guests hosted by the concierge and senior ship crew.  It takes different forms, sometimes a reception or lunch on sea day, sometimes a sailaway reception at the end of a port call. 

One time we had lunch in Chops served by senior officers. Another time it was a sailaway party on the helicopter pad, and once was a pre-lunch reception in Olive-or-Twist. These events always include food and drinks. 

The captain rarely attends, but usually the hotel director, food director, bar director, IT director, etc. are in attendance, along with other people who work on their staff. It's a great way to meet them and ask all the questions you've been wanting to know, or bring up complaints or compliments. All those things you see people speculating about on these message boards you can get answers straight from the source. 

Watch for the invitation, it will be delivered to your stateroom. 

Caveat - on our first post-COVID cruise they didn't have this event, probably didn't want unnecessary exposure for the officers, not sure if it has been resumed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

An interesting perk I rarely see mentioned is the invitation to an event for suite guests hosted by the concierge and senior ship crew.  It takes different forms, sometimes a reception or lunch on sea day, sometimes a sailaway reception at the end of a port call. 

Caveat - on our first post-COVID cruise they didn't have this event, probably didn't want unnecessary exposure for the officers, not sure if it has been resumed. 

We did not see any such invitation on our Quantum B2B last Aug/Sep. 

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Good point. The suite reception has not returned.  I wish it would.

Have not seen that in a long time , we have advantage going for morning coffee since we are diamond plus so we can get a morning cup at the closer lounge , I always get us coffee before breakfast while wife is dressing. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Have not seen that in a long time , we have advantage going for morning coffee since we are diamond plus so we can get a morning cup at the closer lounge , I always get us coffee before breakfast while wife is dressing. 

Unfortunately, discovered that his has already been implemented on some ships.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/12/12/royal-caribbean-removes-concierge-lounge-access-diamond-plus-members

51 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Unfortunately, discovered that his has already been implemented on some ships.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/12/12/royal-caribbean-removes-concierge-lounge-access-diamond-plus-members

That doesn’t effect us since we are in suites and suites have access to concierge lounge. Those ships I believe don’t have a suite lounge. Ships like oasis class have both.

On the Adventure repositioning in October, they had a suite reception out on the helicopter deck. Just what I wanted to do - stand out in the hot sun with no shade for an hour and a half. I passed and just watched from our nice cool panoramic suite. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I haven't seen this since the restart, and then only some of the time.  Too bad I enjoyed it.

• Like 2