Lobster Warning

rmalbers

Had the lobster, a nice small eight bites but I just wanted to put this out there:  I'm thinking it had to be a screw up but that butter they put over it had so much salt in it, well, it was just crazy.  Before you think that I'm not used to salt I very much am and over salt, mostly everything.  It was just crazy how salty that butter was.  Anyway, if they are really going to make it that salty be sure and have them pour a bit on your fork or something and try it before you go for the full dump on.  (This was in EQ MDR  a few days ago.)

Edited by rmalbers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, rmalbers said:

Had the lobster, a nice small eight bites but I just wanted to put this out there:  I'm thinking it had to be a screw up but that butter they put over it had so much salt in it, well, it was just crazy.  Before you think that I'm not used to salt I very much am and over salt, mostly everything.  It was just crazy how salty that butter was.  Anyway, if they are really going to make it that salty be sure and have them pour a bit on your fork or something and try it before you go for the full dump on.  (This was in EQ MDR  a few days ago.)

Agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yknot13 said:

What night of the cruise is typically lobster night?

No one is able to answer that as the cruises go from 4 days to multiple weeks.  Just before you embark, the ap may indicate the menus for the cruise. however, they reserve the right to switch things around onboard.

Just got off Millennium yesterday.  The lobster, along with most entree portions (except the duck and steak Diane), were noticeably smaller. Here is a photo of our lobster.  Cooked well and tasted very good but definitely wasn’t enough for one person unless you prefer small portions. 

A8BB0892-B260-42A1-ADD1-394F53E110F3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m going to get hammered with this comment, but I have read many comments on lobster.

Is the only place on earth lobster is served is on a cruise ship? 😂

So much focus on a lobster meal on a ship. 🤔

Just saying.

Cheers 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BPCW said:

Just got off Millennium yesterday.  The lobster, along with most entree portions (except the duck and steak Diane), were noticeably smaller. Here is a photo of our lobster.  Cooked well and tasted very good but definitely wasn’t enough for one person unless you prefer small portions. 

A8BB0892-B260-42A1-ADD1-394F53E110F3.jpeg

Our  New Years Eve dinner at our house . The Lobster Tails were $4.99 each from Harris Teeter 😃

We will be ok with something else . 🚢 

173ABE36-A4EA-4830-97BE-1E6B66812CC5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least you all got butter for your lobster, we never saw any butter. Also just wondering is anyone offered coffee anymore after dinner? We were not asked once. My husband would literally have to almost grab someone to get a cup of coffee.

42 minutes ago, countess5 said:

I’m going to get hammered with this comment, but I have read many comments on lobster.

Just saying.

Cheers 

It's X's own fault, now that the ribeye, prime rib and wellington are gone, the lobster is the only premium food item left to complain about 😅

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

Just saying.

Cheers 

Pretty much the only place for me. My husband does not like lobster so I don't cook it at home. And we rarely go out to dinner. 

Laura

• Like 1

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

Just saying.

Cheers 

It's been my experience that the lobster on ship is generally prepared very well. Lobster, in even very expensive seafood restaurants, is often not prepared as well. It can be very tough and dry.  Also, since Covid, the food has seriously declined on Celebrity. Both sourcing and preparation have suffered.  This remains one of the better prepared meals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, countess5 said:

I'm landlocked in a hick town, seafood is often the highlight of a vacation for me. Very eagerly awaiting the lobster, even if it's itty bitty in April.

• Like 2

I just bought 5 lobster tails at Costco for $25.  And they are larger than what's served on Celebrity.  The $20 charge, after auto grat., for an extra tail is a smack in the face.  I get it's an expensive item for them and some abused it ordering so many, but I think extra charge should be half of what it is.