Playing loud music

antsp

40 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You also may find yourself floating in the water along with the bluetooth speaker you thru overboard. 😂

24 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I can understand the frustration but destruction of anyone's property on Princess would get you removed from the ship at the next port.

Would that be worth it?

Imagine the actions that would be taken if the speaker owner threw overboard the speaker thrower!  Would they both be removed for polluting the ocean? LOL!!!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Imagine the actions that would be taken if the speaker owner threw overboard the speaker thrower!  Would they both be removed for polluting the ocean? LOL!!!

The one that no longer has their speaker should have been thrown off the ship for noise pollution and the one that thru the speaker overboard who now is floating in the ocean with the speaker already is removed from the ship😂

Of course playing music from a speaker on the Lido Deck is both silly and inconsiderate.  But there is a certain irony to all of this given what is played at high decibels on MUTS. 

"Hey!  Turn of that speaker!  How dare you play the Commodores at that volume when I am trying to watch this Lionel Ritchie Concert Video on MUTS for the 23rd time!"  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Of course playing music from a speaker on the Lido Deck is both silly and inconsiderate.  But there is a certain irony to all of this given what is played at high decibels on MUTS. 

"Hey!  Turn of that speaker!  How dare you play the Commodores at that volume when I am trying to watch this Lionel Ritchie Concert Video on MUTS for the 23rd time!"  

🤮🤢

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

1.  Not really a hard thing to imagine happening.  Your incredulity is surprising.

2.  Of all the things to make up and post here, this would be a weird one.  I'll save my whoppers for something far more controversial!  😁

3.  The most recent time it happened (and it has happened more than once), the playlist that was on was mostly James Taylor and Jackson Browne.  

If you play that music I’ll be joining you on your balcony!  We’ll bring the snacks!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

all night long?

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Speaking only for myself, you nailed it. 👨‍🦳

43 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that's why i'm easy ... like sunday morning  ... after embarkation!!

So just get yourself on another ship and Sail On!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

We bring a Bose Bluetooth speaker out to our balcony all the time.  The volume is set low enough so that it wouldn't bother anyone else, but I can't say that it would be impossible to hear.  But we always look left and right first to see if our neighbors are out there.  We have never been asked to turn down the volume.  We have, however, been asked to turn the volume UP so that they could hear the music better!

Anyone that thinks a Boise speaker puts out good quality sound has a hearing deficit. So your low volume is probably actually loud.

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

We bring a Bose Bluetooth speaker out to our balcony all the time.  The volume is set low enough so that it wouldn't bother anyone else, but I can't say that it would be impossible to hear.  But we always look left and right first to see if our neighbors are out there.  We have never been asked to turn down the volume.  We have, however, been asked to turn the volume UP so that they could hear the music better!

Because many folks are not about me, me, me, but simply polite.  It would likely bother me (if were on a nearby balcony) but because we are polite (certainly too polite to use a speaker on a cruise ship) we would likely just quietly suffer or go inside.  The mistake you make is to assume that just because folks do not say anything, all is OK.  

Hank

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

Would hanging wind chimes on the balcony be acceptable? 

Asking for a friend. 

Your friend sounds like a person we know who once asked, "is it OK if I bring my trampoline and use it on the balcony?

• Haha 4