Playing loud music

antsp

Unfortunately so many these days are all about themselves and no one or little else. 

I would ask them to turn it down if it’s bothering you or if you don’t feel comfortable doing so I would ask a crew member or guest services to have someone to do it.  

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, antsp said:

Why would anyone think its OK to bring a Bluetooth speaker up on deck to play music. 

Even worse on their balcony, next to ours! I'd call GS in a New York minute. IMO, no matter where, it shouldn't be allowed. Even if I like the songs they are listening to. If someone wants to listen to their music wear earbuds. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Remember, there is often music already being piped in various areas of the ship. Personally, I would not want to listen to your music. I may be reading a book and not want to hear it.

As someone said, bring your earbuds and enjoy by yourself.

I would not want to hear it on my balcony either. On our cruise last May, I had to call GS because the people next door had their TV blaring and the deck door open. They were not even in the cabin part of the time.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, nini said:

Remember, there is often music already being piped in various areas of the ship. Personally, I would not want to listen to your music. I may be reading a book and not want to hear it.

As someone said, bring your earbuds and enjoy by yourself.

I would not want to hear it on my balcony either. On our cruise last May, I had to call GS because the people next door had their TV blaring and the deck door open. They were not even in the cabin part of the time.

Neighbors from hell are also a worry for us  as well, though we've been lucky over the years.  How did GS deal with your neighbors?  Was the problem solved to your satisfaction?

We have seen this on our last two cruises.  Fortunately, it seemed to be handled rather quickly by staff.  

Now… if we could just get a grip on the super loud, speakerphone talkers!  I swear- what folk will talk about in full presence of complete strangers- health issues, financials, and so-and-so’s messy breakup… Just stop!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

We bring a Bose Bluetooth speaker out to our balcony all the time.  The volume is set low enough so that it wouldn't bother anyone else, but I can't say that it would be impossible to hear.  But we always look left and right first to see if our neighbors are out there.  We have never been asked to turn down the volume.  We have, however, been asked to turn the volume UP so that they could hear the music better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On the Diamond last week, I ran across a women with a Bluetooth speaker in her purse playing music loud enough while in an elevator that people couldn’t hear the floor announcements.   

Several of us glared at her, but she was oblivious or so self important that she not did care that she was blasting everyone within 50 feet of her with her country music “favorites”.   

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

We bring a Bose Bluetooth speaker out to our balcony all the time.  The volume is set low enough so that it wouldn't bother anyone else, but I can't say that it would be impossible to hear.  But we always look left and right first to see if our neighbors are out there.  We have never been asked to turn down the volume.  We have, however, been asked to turn the volume UP so that they could hear the music better!

Yeah, right! Somehow I'm having a difficult time believing that. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Yeah, right! Somehow I have a difficult time believing that. 

1.  Not really a hard thing to imagine happening.  Your incredulity is surprising.

2.  Of all the things to make up and post here, this would be a weird one.  I'll save my whoppers for something far more controversial!  😁

3.  The most recent time it happened (and it has happened more than once), the playlist that was on was mostly James Taylor and Jackson Browne.  

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

1.  Not really a hard thing to imagine happening.  Your incredulity is surprising.

2.  Of all the things to make up and post here, this would be a weird one.  I'll save my whoppers for something far more controversial!  😁

I'd have no problem at all if you were playing some good old rock and roll, but no rap or drill please !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I believe Carnival cruises has just released a statement about playing loud music of your own on board. I doubt if Princess will do likewise since it isn't as much problem on their ships. 

Yes...according to Don Terris bluetooth speakers have been banned.

• Like 2

Carnival has banned bluetooth speakers for specific cruises (mainly this week). However, there is a reminder that they are not allowed to be used on public decks.

If I were on deck, and someone had a speaker going, if a firm. but polite, turn it down/off didn't work, and I couldn't get a crew member to deal with it, I'd probably be testing how well said speaker could float in salt water 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Carnival has banned bluetooth speakers for specific cruises (mainly this week). However, there is a reminder that they are not allowed to be used on public decks.

If I were on deck, and someone had a speaker going, if a firm. but polite, turn it down/off didn't work, and I couldn't get a crew member to deal with it, I'd probably be testing how well said speaker could float in salt water 🙂

You also may find yourself floating in the water along with the bluetooth speaker you thru overboard. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I can understand the frustration but destruction of anyone's property on Princess would get you removed from the ship at the next port.

Would that be worth it?