Questions about Crown Lofts on Harmony

LisaLisa87

Hello! DH and I are sailing on Harmony in early September to celebrate a milestone anniversary. We decided to splurge and book a CLS, and we're really excited as we've never sailed in one. We did sail once in an ATS on Allure and we loved the experience (especially the amazing balcony), but it'll be nice to be on deck 17 this time! I found it interesting that, for this particular sailing, the price for a CLS was exactly the same as that for a GS. I'm not sure how unusual that is. The only Crown Lofts showing as available are all of the the ones that face aft + 1702 and 1764. All of the other side-facing CLs are showing as booked/unavailable. I guess I find that hard to believe, and I'm wondering whether the relatively low pricing is a reflection of the less-than-ideal locations. My questions:

1. If those were your choices, which would you pick? I chose 1702, but I keep second guessing. In general, we'd prefer a side-facing CLS, but the location of 1702 and 1764 are not ideal.

2. I'll keep checking the RCI site to see whether any others pop up, but I'm wondering whether I would be able to switch without incurring any additional cost. Let's say the price does go up. Will I be charged the prevailing rate for this "lateral" move? FWIW, the deck plan for Harmony shows all the CLSs as L1.

Thanks for any insight!

1 hour ago, loman said:

1702 shares a wall with coastal kitchen.

1764 doesnt.. Has a wider hallway too.

Thanks loman. I picked 1702 because, on the deck plan, it looks like the balcony is bigger. I figured I'd be sharing a wall with either CK or the suite lounge. You have a point that there would probably be less noise from this suite lounge, though.

image.png.d4eaa1bb7e91ba1880985e8870e42e2a.png

11 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The deck plan is deceptive, here's 1702, which also has the pie shaped balcony, just like 1764.  

image.thumb.png.22f1f27e96d79c5832a2b1f43959f5c1.png

Thanks for sharing the video and photo, rockmom. The balconies do look the same size – plenty big enough for us! So it’s just a matter of whether we’re better off sharing a wall with CK or the suite lounge... unless one has more interior square footage than the other. 

6 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks for sharing the video and photo, rockmom. The balconies do look the same size – plenty big enough for us! So it’s just a matter of whether we’re better off sharing a wall with CK or the suite lounge... unless one has more interior square footage than the other. 

I would think the suite lounge would potentially be less noisy early in the morning and later in the evening.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I think @John&LaLawere in 1702 on a sailing I was on last year, I had a CLS along the starboard side but farther back.  Maybe John can shed some light on that room, although we were on Symphony, not Harmony.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2

I spent two weeks in 1728 and really enjoyed it and the view. It overlooks the min golf course. I couldn’t do the very middle that looks all the way down to Boardwalk because super heights freak me out. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ca79984f118c39e9e14f25a8be343809.jpeg

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

I think @John&LaLawere in 1702 on a sailing I was on last year, I had a CLS along the starboard side but farther back.  Maybe John can shed some light on that room, although we were on Symphony, not Harmony.  

Pretty sure we were in 1764, I thought we were on same hall as you. 

Personally, I liked being closer to the elevators. The slight reduction in balcony size was fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure we were in 1764, I thought we were on same hall as you. 

Personally, I liked being closer to the elevators. The slight reduction in balcony size was fine

Oops, yes, you were in 1764, that's what I was thinking, but typed 1702 when looking at another comment I think.  We were on the same hall, I was in 1750.  I do think 1702 and 1764 are probably the same layout when it comes to balcony size.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rockmom said:

Oops, yes, you were in 1764, that's what I was thinking, but typed 1702 when looking at another comment I think.  We were on the same hall, I was in 1750.  I do think 1702 and 1764 are probably the same layout when it comes to balcony size.  

That's my guess. Now I did think the one in front of us had a slightly different cabin due to entering it from the side. Closet may have been wider

• Like 1

Two things may be making the CLS the same as a GS.  

1.  The aft facing cabins you listed are noisier on the balcony with no privacy, since it faces the sports area with the "boom...boom...boom" loud music and sports activities.

2.  Some don't like the interior stairs to get to the bedroom with CLS cabins.   

IMHO...I love the location of the CLS cabins, and enjoyed ours...but still would prefer the layout of the GS instead, which is our go to cabin on Oasis class.  Problem solved with Wonder though, best of both worlds.  🙂 

• Like 1

We love the CLS.  I would definately book 1702.  Have been in 1704.  The back of the sports area not as private.  We prefer the sea view.  Nice to have easy access to lounge and costal kitchen.  Also great to walk down one level and be by the pool and buffet- if you want it.    No comparison to Grand suite which is smaller an only one bathroom.  Not nearly as nice.  Grab the CLS.  You are in for a treat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Two things may be making the CLS the same as a GS.  

1.  The aft facing cabins you listed are noisier on the balcony with no privacy, since it faces the sports area with the "boom...boom...boom" loud music and sports activities.

Yes, and 1702 and 1764 both have slightly obstructed views and smaller balconies. I just called to switch to 1764 and will continue to watch for others to pop up. The rep I spoke with said I can switch to another room within the same category with no extra cost up until 2 days before sailing.

• Like 1

We have done both 1702 and 1764, and would take either again over any aft facing CLS. Three major downsides for us on the aft facing suites: 1) never ending noise, 2) absolutely no privacy on the balcony, and 3) the view sucks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have done both 1702 and 1764, and would take either again over any aft facing CLS. Three major downsides for us on the aft facing suites: 1) never ending noise, 2) absolutely no privacy on the balcony, and 3) the view sucks.

Thanks orville. Is the interior square footage of 1702 and 1764 the same, as far as you could tell?

Edited by LisaLisa87

56 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Is t there quite a bit of privacy lost for the cabins they are looking at?   

This was our forward view from 1758.  

95CC7CAF-D683-4725-85BC-5306FF57BE8A.jpeg

Edited by topnole

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks orville. Is the interior square footage of 1702 and 1764 the same, as far as you could tell?

The living space is identical to the other CLS suites, but 1764 has a long hallway from the room to the cabin door which makes it a lot quieter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Not really. I went down to deck 16 and DW had to lean out over the balcony railing for me to see her.

Ok.  I’m wasn’t sure given our view from our cabin.  It felt like folks could see up to to the closer CLS cabins.  We loved to location being right near the elevator bank.  The OPs cabin would be the same.   

13 hours ago, topnole said:

Ok.  I’m wasn’t sure given our view from our cabin.  It felt like folks could see up to to the closer CLS cabins.  We loved to location being right near the elevator bank.  The OPs cabin would be the same.   

This was the forward view from 1764:

99967516-6C6F-4151-B426-461E5A6E3420.jpeg

9A8ED8C0-E5B2-44EA-8DA8-965116AAAF72.jpeg

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I don't like the cleaning cage obstructing my view.  Wouldn't be happy on that balcony.

My understanding from looking at photos and videos is that you have to be near the railing and look forward to see the window washing equipment. If we’re sitting in the lounge chairs looking straight out, I don’t think we’ll see it. In any case, it’s either this or one of the crown lofts that face aft, and we don’t want one of those.