Princess Laundry

wesport

Princess doesn’t do laundry by the bag. It’s priced per piece and depends on what the item is. Here is the price list from our cruise on the Royal earlier this month.

image.thumb.jpeg.1784e0afa2a5cd1751ef7aa7ac000d67.jpeg

Edited by KLM3164
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Also if you are in a full suite or have Elite status then your laundry is complimentary.

Curious about this. I don't put my clothes in the dryer, so are you able to specify you just want them washed and not dried in the dryer?

Edited by Hammergirl

31 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Curious about this. I don't put my clothes in the dryer, so are you able to specify you just want them washed and not dried in the dryer?

I do not think they have a place to hang dry your laundry.  I have never heard of this option.  You will be better off using one of the laundry rooms and hang drying in your cabin.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

I don’t think you can request this. Best to do your own laundry. If I need to do laundry on a cruise I do it myself as they wash and dry things with very hot water and very high heat. I don’t want all our clothes to shrink so I find it best if I do it myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wesport said:

its interesting that HAL and Seabourn have laundry by the bag, but princess does not. 

It is, but Princess is also the only one of the 3 that has self-service laundry on every passenger deck of every ship. Also, Princess offers free laundry for eiltes and suites, but HAL does not.

12 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

I don’t think you can request this. Best to do your own laundry. If I need to do laundry on a cruise I do it myself as they wash and dry things with very hot water and very high heat. I don’t want all our clothes to shrink so I find it best if I do it myself. 

The combination of shrinking clothes and endless eating are never good. LOL

• Haha 5

We last sailed pre-Covid, but at that time the longer (greater than 7 days) cruises we took typically had a special offer once in the cruise for "all you can fit in a bag for $xx.xx".

They might not still offer this.

Edited by Times Prince
correction of error.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:31 PM, wesport said:

its interesting that HAL and Seabourn have laundry by the bag, but princess does not. 

If I remember correctly, HAL excludes a number of types of clothing from that bag special and it is only wash and fold, no ironing/pressing of the items.

1 hour ago, Times Prince said:

We last sailed pre-Covid, but at that time the longer (greater than 7 days) cruises we took typically had a special offer once in the cruise for "all you can fit in a bag for $xx.xx".

They might not still offer this.

They don't. 

On 2/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, KLM3164 said:

Princess doesn’t do laundry by the bag. It’s priced per piece and depends on what the item is. Here is the price list from our cruise on the Royal earlier this month.

image.thumb.jpeg.1784e0afa2a5cd1751ef7aa7ac000d67.jpeg

Shorts are listed twice.  Why are some $3.50 and others $4.50?

2 hours ago, david63 said:

One is laundry and the other is cleaning

Ah. I had not considered the possibility that the ships laundry was also a dry cleaner. The prices aren’t that bad. Maybe I should bring a loaf from home. 

Edited by BamaVol

8 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

the ships laundry was also a dry cleaner

I cannot speak for specific ships but normally the cleaning onboard cruise ships is not the same as dry cleaning on land - I cannot remember the details but I seem to recall that solvents are used.

I did a ship tour several years ago and one of the places we visited was the laundry.  They putt all the pax clothes to be washed in a big washer (much bigger than at home) and then into a huge dryer.  One size fits all so to speak.  It was a very impressive tour.  The ships laundry (table clothes, sheets, etc) are cleaned in the same big room but different machines.  

3 hours ago, david63 said:

I cannot speak for specific ships but normally the cleaning onboard cruise ships is not the same as dry cleaning on land - I cannot remember the details but I seem to recall that solvents are used.

On the bottom of the order tag it states the cleaning process “uses a non-toxic sustainable wet solvent” so it’s not dry cleaning.

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Ah. I had not considered the possibility that the ships laundry was also a dry cleaner. The prices aren’t that bad. Maybe I should bring a loaf from home. 

People do sometimes. loads that is.😉

• Like 1