MDR classic menu

coffeebean

I heard today from Tony of La Lido Loca that the classic menus in the MDR are being done away with. He said this is being rolled out fleet wide. How do you feel about this? No more shrimp cocktail available every night; as an example.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I heard today from Tony of La Lido Loca that the classic menus in the MDR are being done away with. He said this is being rolled out fleet wide. How do you feel about this? No more shrimp cocktail available every night; as an example.

A bit late to the party. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the new menu system, the theme in the MDR is matched by the WJ on most evenings, so several of the MDR entries are also available in the WJ - and the prep in the WJ is usually better than the MDR. We look at the  menus for both the MDR and WJ and decide on a night by night basis at which one we will dine.  

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We look at the  menus for both the MDR and WJ and decide on a night by night basis at which one we will dine.  

Are the WJ menus available in the app now?  Leaving on Oasis tomorrow and some of the MDR menus don't look to be worth an hour and a half of my time.

14 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Are the WJ menus available in the app now?  Leaving on Oasis tomorrow and some of the MDR menus don't look to be worth an hour and a half of my time.

You can check in app. It generally describes what kind of night it is. For example 

33BF9875-0242-4C2B-986B-527FCAC48ED4.jpeg

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, coffeebean said:

This is really old news. But it was a complete and total revamp of the MDR menus. Did Tony tell you that your steward will only clean your room once a day?

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If you go to the WJ page in the app, it will tell you the nightly theme. Then when you go to the MDR page, it will also tell you each nights theme. They almost always match - except for lobster (Royal) night. That one is usually Indian night in WJ. For example, last night was Italian in the MDR and Mangia Mangia (eat eat) night in WJ. The only items that were not offered in both places were the mushroom risotto and the fried risotto ball appetizer. Everything else on the MDR menu was also being served in the WJ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

With the new menu system, the theme in the MDR is matched by the WJ on most evenings, so several of the MDR entries are also available in the WJ - and the prep in the WJ is usually better than the MDR. We look at the  menus for both the MDR and WJ and decide on a night by night basis at which one we will dine.  

I would use the term "theme" very loosely.  The MDR "themes" are incredibly dis-jointed