Updated Covid Protocols Princess Feb 24, 2023

PacnGoNow

Finally, Princess has updated the covid protocols on Feb 24, 2023.

Helpful, especially to those who were on Enhanced Voyages.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 2

@PacnGoNow ALMOST....but no cigar/horseshoe

Written on website: For Japan Voyages....

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 test.
    • Self-administered COVID-19 antigen home test within 1 day before embarkation, or
    • Medically observed PCR test taken within 2 days before embarkation.

It states self-administered COVID-19 antigen home test.

It LEFT OUT:

Need to photograph negative test results (photo of the card) WITH a time stamp, and photo ID.

And upload to Medallion Class App

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@PacnGoNow ALMOST....but no cigar/horseshoe

Written on website: For Japan Voyages....

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 test.
    • Self-administered COVID-19 antigen home test within 1 day before embarkation, or
    • Medically observed PCR test taken within 2 days before embarkation.

It states self-administered COVID-19 antigen home test.

It LEFT OUT:

Need to photograph negative test results (photo of the card) WITH a time stamp, and photo ID.

And upload to Medallion Class App

Thank you for that.

My intention was to alert those on Enhanced voyages, that there are updates on the website now. We’ve been waiting for this. 

Hopefully, the other Enhanced voyages will be updated/corrected soon. 

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I am glad you posted this.  It is Princess.  I went to your link:

This applies to itineraries to all destinations except where government regulations may vary like Australia and Japan voyages that have their own vaccination and testing requirements.

Look up requirements for your voyage with our CruiseHealth tool.

Used link to go to CruiseHealth tool.  That's where I found the above.  No mention of all the other requirements.  I feel so bad for those who are not on Cruise Critic.  

This is what was sent to us in an "Important" email the other day.  

• At check-in, Guests ages 5 and above must produce a photo with a time and date stamp of a negative self-administered COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken within 24 hours before cruise embarkation.  All testing and vaccination information must be uploaded to the MedallionClass app prior to sailing when getting OceanReady.  
  • Please note that testing and self-tests will not be available at the pier.

This should have been included in their web announcement.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I am glad you posted this.  It is Princess.  I went to your link:

This applies to itineraries to all destinations except where government regulations may vary like Australia and Japan voyages that have their own vaccination and testing requirements.

Look up requirements for your voyage with our CruiseHealth tool.

Used link to go to CruiseHealth tool.  That's where I found the above.  No mention of all the other requirements.  I feel so bad for those who are not on Cruise Critic.  

This is what was sent to us in an "Important" email the other day.  

• At check-in, Guests ages 5 and above must produce a photo with a time and date stamp of a negative self-administered COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken within 24 hours before cruise embarkation.  All testing and vaccination information must be uploaded to the MedallionClass app prior to sailing when getting OceanReady.  
  • Please note that testing and self-tests will not be available at the pier.

This should have been included in their web announcement.  

No worries!  You’re absolutely correct.

We went through the same conflicting type of information on our Enhanced also.

I do appreciate your additional information.  

• Thanks 1

So searching on princess with this announcement it says cruises leaving from the US and Europe do NOT require proof of vaccination nor testing.

but the announcement further says that for non US citizens you DO need proof to enter US by air.

I have not flown to US since CoVid… for those Canadians who have… is this still true?

To enter canada you no longer require proof of vaccination or testing unless from Far East countries temporarily… but to enter the US you still do?

thanks in advance for your expertise 

4 hours ago, remydiva said:

So searching on princess with this announcement it says cruises leaving from the US and Europe do NOT require proof of vaccination nor testing.

but the announcement further says that for non US citizens you DO need proof to enter US by air.

I have not flown to US since CoVid… for those Canadians who have… is this still true?

To enter canada you no longer require proof of vaccination or testing unless from Far East countries temporarily… but to enter the US you still do?

We've flown down to FLL a number of times in the past year, most recently last week. Each time, we were asked by the Air Canada agent in Montreal to show our proof of vaccination, even though we had made the declaration when checking in online that we were vaxed. The AC online check in did not require actually uploading the vax documents so we had to show them before boarding. IIRC, a few folks here on CC have reported that they did not have to show their vax documents in similar circumstances, but we sure did. To be safe, carry a paper copy with you, or have a copy on your phone just in vase.

5 hours ago, remydiva said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Also, check with your airline.

34 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We've flown down to FLL a number of times in the past year, most recently last week. Each time, we were asked by the Air Canada agent in Montreal to show our proof of vaccination, even though we had made the declaration when checking in online that we were vaxed. The AC online check in did not require actually uploading the vax documents so we had to show them before boarding. IIRC, a few folks here on CC have reported that they did not have to show their vax documents in similar circumstances, but we sure did. To be safe, carry a paper copy with you, or have a copy on your phone just in vase.

Absolutely, the airlines must make sure you have the right documentation to enter any foreign country they are delivering you to, or face stiff fines.

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thank you for reply.

I was shocked to read it was still required when the cruise ships and Canada both dropped the requirement.

I have reprinted our federal QR one which actually shows the dates of all 5 shots and have both it and BC ones on phone.

12 hours ago, remydiva said:

Yes, it is true. Of flying into the US from Canada, you need to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

YAY!!! It is about time Princess printed this. What is so funny, is that Australia and New Zealand DO NOT require testing anymore... really Princess?

Australia still requires testing for cruises.  At this point, Princess is doing whatever the country they are visiting tells them to do. https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-07/18_July_Eastern_Seaboard_Cruise_Protocols.pdf

• Like 1

Here’s a tip.  Create a folder within your photo app & have copies of everything there including your passport. I’ve done this & they have always been excepted. Of course I have the originals as a backup. 

Tom😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Exactly!  And that is the first thing on the update you are told to do by Princess.

The first hyperlink is “Cruise Health Tool.”

My PVP knows we are Canadian yet never mentioned as a BTW.

when you phone 1-800 princess it says press 9 for important info on documents you need. Only mentions passports.

Today I talked to my Canadian cousins who flew down to AZ last week and she said  leaving Edmonton they went thru check in, security, customs and no one asked. BUT at the boarding gate they started to call up people to see vaccination passport. She said many were turned away! Either not vaccinated or didnt have proof.

you’d think there would be a big red alert when you check in either online or in person.

1 hour ago, habitatnal said:

Australia still requires testing for cruises.  At this point, Princess is doing whatever the country they are visiting tells them to do. https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-07/18_July_Eastern_Seaboard_Cruise_Protocols.pdf

That is not what I have read on the Australia and New Zealand websites. Your link is dated last July.

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel

COVID-19 testing

From 12:01am on Thursday 5 January 2023, people travelling to Australia from China, including Hong Kong and Macau will be asked to show evidence of a negative pre-departure test for COVID-19. Read more about the COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers from China, Hong Kong and Macau.

If you are arriving from other destinations, you do not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to meet Australia's travel requirements. Some countries, airlines and vessel operators may require a pre-departure test result at check-in before you can board your flight or ship. Check the entry requirements of the country you are travelling or transiting through, and your airline or vessel operator’s requirements. 

Visit the Smartraveller website for more information.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nini said:

That is not what I have read on the Australia and New Zealand websites. Your link is dated last July.

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel

COVID-19 testing

From 12:01am on Thursday 5 January 2023, people travelling to Australia from China, including Hong Kong and Macau will be asked to show evidence of a negative pre-departure test for COVID-19. Read more about the COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers from China, Hong Kong and Macau.

If you are arriving from other destinations, you do not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to meet Australia's travel requirements. Some countries, airlines and vessel operators may require a pre-departure test result at check-in before you can board your flight or ship. Check the entry requirements of the country you are travelling or transiting through, and your airline or vessel operator’s requirements. 

Visit the Smartraveller website for more information.  

Australia views cruises as a higher risk activity so that is why they require testing.  Other countries have had different entry requirements for cruising and flying in so it is not unreasonable to think that Australia has different requirements depending on the form of transportation.  Every cruise line has testing requirements on their websites for Australian cruises.  Do you really think that every cruise line is requiring testing when they don’t have to?  This website talks about requiring testing/vaccinations for Australian cruises https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules/cruise-factsheet

Edited by habitatnal

15 hours ago, nini said:

That is not what I have read on the Australia and New Zealand websites.

You need to read the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum here on Cruise Critic (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/) for current first hand information.  Around mid-December the requirement for a medically supervised test was changed to a self administered test within 24 hours of embarkation.  That is still the case.