Beach in the port area?

OttawaJohn

Hi

We're cruising with NCL in May and I understand that there is a beach you can go to that is in the port area?  I can't seem to find any detail on how far it is from the ship, if you need/can get a shuttle, etc.

Can anyone point me to a resource or just provide info here?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, OttawaJohn said:

Hi

We're cruising with NCL in May and I understand that there is a beach you can go to that is in the port area?  I can't seem to find any detail on how far it is from the ship, if you need/can get a shuttle, etc.

Thanks in advance

Don't go to Snorkel Park, which as already noted is a manmade beach at the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Hop on a minibus ($7 per person each way) and go to Horseshoe Bay, which is consistently rated as one of the world's best beaches. Or you can take a taxi to Horseshoe Bay for about $35 for 1 to 4 passengers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:04 AM, bambiying said:

If you do decide to go to Snorkel Beach, make sure you bring water shoes.  The underwater rocks will kill your feet.

We go here each visit, boys snorkel on the other side of the rocks. When grandson was little a little shallow area had so many fish, he loved it. Yes you will need water shoes the sand has coral through it and can be hard on the feet. Hubby doesn't mind I do, so some don't have an issue.

Enjoy, also be aware that the music can be to loud sometimes, but you do have restrooms and changing area. Haven't been since the restaurant has been open so no information on this.

30 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We go here each visit, boys snorkel on the other side of the rocks. When grandson was little a little shallow area had so many fish, he loved it. Yes you will need water shoes the sand has coral through it and can be hard on the feet. Hubby doesn't mind I do, so some don't have an issue.

Enjoy, also be aware that the music can be to loud sometimes, but you do have restrooms and changing area. Haven't been since the restaurant has been open so no information on this.

When was the last time you were at Snorkel Park? The new management turned it into an exclusive beach club with $15 admission. Last summer no music or nighttime activities. Don’t know if the beach club worked out and if they will repeat that this year. 

FABB725B-D26B-477B-A6EB-64C2099A05ED.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

When was the last time you were at Snorkel Park? The new management turned it into an exclusive beach club with $15 admission. Last summer no music or nighttime activities. Don’t know if the beach club worked out and if they will repeat that this year. 

FABB725B-D26B-477B-A6EB-64C2099A05ED.jpeg

That's a jump from last visit. The three boy will no doubt still want to go though.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, OttawaJohn said:

Hi

Thanks in advance

I do not recommend it at all........we went there and there were broken bottles all over.  Asked for and received our money back.  So many pretty beaches to visit.

The only time I would recommend Snorkel Park Beach is on the day of embarkation,  Since you are close to the ship. you don't have to worry so much about getting stuck in traffic on the way back to the ship and missing departure.  Families with children like this place because it's close and there is a lot to do there (at extra cost).  If you decide to go, absolutely wear water shoes with a decent protective sole. In addition to broken glass, there is very sharp coral lining the ocean floor,