Muster Station ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

My daughter was added to my father in laws booking as he may not go.  She cruised many times on Royal so I was able to get her a captains club number to her booking.  Question, she is 30 and believe it or not she wants to disconnect from the world, not have use of a cell phone, so my question is, since she will not have the app to do the muster station, can she do it in the cabin.  Can she sign into my father in laws account since she is occupying the cabin with him and do the muster station under his account?

I'm not understanding how she'll sign in to someone else's account without using her phone.

Anyway, she can watch the videos on the cabin TV and then report to the station for check in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I'm not understanding how she'll sign in to someone else's account without using her phone.

Anyway, she can watch the videos on the cabin TV and then report to the station for check in.

By using my father in laws account, his sign in information.

42 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Why make things complicated?  She should use her phone for whatever is required for muster and then she can lock it away in the safe for the rest of the trip.

True, but I only know how to create a captains club account, she already has a captains club number, if I create a new account, it starts her from the beginning, having no past sailings and points.

No one is suggesting that you start a new account for her because you don’t want two Captains Club numbers so please put that out of your mind. What she should do is go to the cabin, watch the video, and then go to the Master Station to check in. No phone or app required.

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 3

Even easier would be to just go to the assembly station and they will demonstrate how to put on a life jacket and what to do in case of an emergency. The staff can handle a person who has no phone and they are all set up to make the correct arrangements and get her signed off on the safety drill

• Like 2

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Even easier would be to just go to the assembly station and they will demonstrate how to put on a life jacket and what to do in case of an emergency. The staff can handle a person who has no phone and they are all set up to make the correct arrangements and get her signed off on the safety drill

But it's easier if she goes to the cabin and watches the video because she's going to need to have her Sea Pass card with her when she checks in at the muster station. 

• Like 1

If she signs into your fathers account and watches the video he will get the credit for watching th video not her.

If she doesn't want to put the app on her phone then she can watch it on the TV in the cabin.

Not complicated.

• Haha 1

Actually the sea pass card is not required at the assembly station as long as you have your “set sale” boarding pass so they can scan that barcode.

On my last cruise I hadn’t even been to the state room yet to get my card but it was convenient to stop by the mustard station on the way there so that’s what I did and they just asked to see that boarding pass and all was well.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

But it's easier if she goes to the cabin and watches the video because she's going to need to have her Sea Pass card with her when she checks in at the muster station. 

I was sent straight to my muster station so I had no pass when I boarded a few days ago. They scanned my boarding pass to mark off that I had gone. 

• Like 1

When she picks up her sea pass card she can enter the cabin and watch it on the TV then sometime during the afternoon before sailing get to the muster station to check in.   Not that complicated.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, miched said:

When she picks up her sea pass card she can enter the cabin and watch it on the TV then sometime during the afternoon before sailing get to the muster station to check in.   Not that complicated.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Perfect that is what I also needed to know, thank you.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

My daughter was added to my father in laws booking as he may not go.  She cruised many times on Royal so I was able to get her a captains club number to her booking.  Question, she is 30 and believe it or not she wants to disconnect from the world, not have use of a cell phone, so my question is, since she will not have the app to do the muster station, can she do it in the cabin.  Can she sign into my father in laws account since she is occupying the cabin with him and do the muster station under his account?

You are really overthinking this. She can view the safety video in the cabin and then go to the muster station.

There is no need to get into anyone else’s account or use anyone else’s device.

• Like 1

This is how I would handle it: Tell her to take her damn phone and do what is required or stay at home. Nobody forces her to use the device after that and if she can't get that concept maybe better not take her on board.

Or you let her use your phone after signing out and sign in with her reservation/account. But why make things complicated?

• Like 2

There’s no need to be so aggressive. People cruise all the time without cell phones and apps. Maybe they don’t own a cell phone, maybe they left it at home, maybe it broke, maybe it doesn’t have any battery left, y’all can get checked in without a phone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

The muster can be done on the TV.   After listening to it you click an acknowledgement button and the names of the guests that watched it (based on honor system).    I believe each passenger then has to show up at the muster station and have their card swiped and possibly a 1 minute display of the life jacket.

You don't need to log in or use the app.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The muster can be done on the TV.   After listening to it you click an acknowledgement button and the names of the guests that watched it (based on honor system).    I believe each passenger then has to show up at the muster station and have their card swiped and possibly a 1 minute display of the life jacket.

You don't need to log in or use the app.

How easy they made it, so nice thank you.