Jeans OK for Elegant Night per Hub App

overeasy

33 minutes ago, overeasy said:

Glad to see some clarity on this question. From last week's Breeze 5-day. A screenshot from the Hub app. I know this contradicts the website, but the website info is often outdated.Screenshot_20230228-162746.thumb.jpg.d414391eb24e2540dbebef09a5b1ae6f.jpg

There literally was a lady in a swimsuit with a  sheer coverup on elegant night and people in tshirts my last cruise. In fact all that is listed their was probably seen.

Wear clothes don't be nasty

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

There literally was a lady in a swimsuit with a  sheer coverup on elegant night and people in tshirts my last cruise. In fact all that is listed their was probably seen.

You're living dangerously 😁

The most common response around here is "it's my vacation; I'll scratch my butt, spit on the floor and kick the cat if I want to."

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Wait, was swimsuit lady actually in the MDR on elegant night??? Because that's a whole new level of inappropriate, even for Carnival. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
31 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Because that's a whole new level of inappropriate, even for Carnival. 

LOL! - Reaction GIFs

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Wait, was swimsuit lady actually in the MDR on elegant night??? Because that's a whole new level of inappropriate, even for Carnival. 

Back in October during elegant night on the Ecstasy, I saw a woman wearing a shredded piece of cloth that *barely* covered her and looked more like a tangled net than what I assume was supposed to be a dress. Literally everything that shouldn't was hanging out for all to see. A lot of people from all ages and backgrounds were making loud comments on how inappropriate her attire was and that she looked like a hooker, but I never heard whether Carnival did anything about it. I also didn't see her in anything else inappropriate the rest of the cruise, so maybe they did actually say something to her.

4 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

Back in October during elegant night on the Ecstasy, I saw a woman wearing a shredded piece of cloth that *barely* covered her and looked more like a tangled net than what I assume was supposed to be a dress. Literally everything that shouldn't was hanging out for all to see. A lot of people from all ages and backgrounds were making loud comments on how inappropriate her attire was and that she looked like a hooker, but I never heard whether Carnival did anything about it. I also didn't see her in anything else inappropriate the rest of the cruise, so maybe they did actually say something to her.

I take it you have never been to Fashion Week. 😉

9 minutes ago, icft said:

I take it you have never been to Fashion Week. 😉

No I have not, but have a friend who designs clothes who has been to and sent plenty of photos, so I know you see all kinds! There is a time and place for the barely-there clothing, and what's supposed to be a family-friendly Carnival cruise ain't it! I guarantee the swimsuit lady with the sheer cover up someone else mentioned was more covered than this woman was 😂

• Haha 1

I have worn jeans on elegant nights for years along with my tennis shoes and a polo and nothing was ever said. Over the past 5-6 years I've just started wearing cargo shorts with a polo and my sandals each night (elegant and casual) and again, no issue at all. Wear what you're comfortable with!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, overeasy said:

Glad to see some clarity on this question. From last week's Breeze 5-day. A screenshot from the Hub app. I know this contradicts the website, but the website info is often outdated.Screenshot_20230228-162746.thumb.jpg.d414391eb24e2540dbebef09a5b1ae6f.jpg

"Cutoff jeans," not jeans entirely

Punctuation matters

9 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

While inappropriate wear for the evening, yes, but this I find interesting

"how inappropriate her attire was and that she looked like a hooker"

Why? How?

Would she have looked like a hooker poolside as well? If so, you just didn't like it at all, elegant night or not.

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

"Cutoff jeans," not jeans entirely

Punctuation matters

They were comparing what appears in the HUB app (which doesn't say no jeans) to what appears on the website (which includes jeans as a no-go on elegant night).  

Comprehension matters.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The only reason Carnival still has elegant night is it sells a lot of photos. They don't really care what you wear otherwise. Just buy the photos, folks.

never understood why people want pictures when they're all dressed up... 'look at this photo of us that represents how we never really are at any other point in our normal life' 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, jiggs said:

never understood why people want pictures when they're all dressed up... 'look at this photo of us that represents how we never really are at any other point in our normal life' 

Well I would wager you're rather unique in that feeling, people getting dressed up for portraits goes back hundreds of years before photography even existed.

• Like 1

I haven't been on a whole lot of cruises. It's been 5 years since our last cruise and 8 since we last cruised on Carnival. But, I have just had it confirmed from friends who cruise quite frequently, there are no strictly enforced dress codes. Not in any dining room, specialty or otherwise. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away from any dining area because of what they were or were not wearing. Maybe if they were wearing a bathing suit but I don't know. If someone has recent first hand experience of being turned away from a dining room on a Carnival ship I would be interested to hear the reason.

I suspect, especially after covid, like many land based dining establishments, Carnival is just thankful to have people on board, no matter what they are wearing. They are not going to aggravate paying customers. 

I agree with mz-s, I think Carnival just uses it as a photo opportunity. They provide "tips" on what you might want to wear for the evening, it's not an enforced code. And I would argue even some of the "not allowed" attire has been spotted in dining rooms. We used to go formal but in recent years we have toned it down to "business casual" So much less packing! 

I usually wear what I would be comfortable wearing in any equivalent restaurant on land. If what someone else is wearing bothers me, that's on me I guess. But to be honest, I couldn't be arsed to care what anyone else is wearing, I'll be too busy enjoying my vacation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jiggs said:

And that's why people have different opinions.

My wife and I dress up a bit for Elegant night (I wear a long sleeve dress shirt and tie, and nice looking slacks of some type, and nice shoes), and she wears a dress that usually matches my shirt or tie, and heels, and we get photos taken and buy one or two to put on the wall at home.

We also dress nicely when we go out for special birthday or anniversary dinners, and other events hosted by us or our friends.

You don't have to try to dress like Adam Sandler 100% of the time.

BGUS_2479118_012.jpg

YMMV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonaCD said:

I haven't been on a whole lot of cruises. It's been 5 years since our last cruise and 8 since we last cruised on Carnival. But, I have just had it confirmed from friends who cruise quite frequently, there are no strictly enforced dress codes. Not in any dining room, specialty or otherwise. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away from any dining area because of what they were or were not wearing. Maybe if they were wearing a bathing suit but I don't know. If someone has recent first hand experience of being turned away from a dining room on a Carnival ship I would be interested to hear the reason.

I can confirm having been turned away from the Steakhouse on Mardi Gras last year. My then 15yo son was wearing nice shorts and a button-down shirt. We were told he could not enter wearing shorts. We ran to the room quickly and changed. No big deal, but it did happen. 

5 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

I can confirm having been turned away from the Steakhouse on Mardi Gras last year. My then 15yo son was wearing nice shorts and a button-down shirt. We were told he could not enter wearing shorts. We ran to the room quickly and changed. No big deal, but it did happen. 

I stand corrected. Maybe it "all depends". I typically don't pay any attention to what others are wearing. Just for curiosity's sake I may be more observant during our May cruise on the Celebration.

1 hour ago, MonaCD said:

I suspect, especially after covid, like many land based dining establishments, Carnival is just thankful to have people on board, no matter what they are wearing. They are not going to aggravate paying customers. 

I agree with mz-s, I think Carnival just uses it as a photo opportunity. They provide "tips" on what you might want to wear for the evening, it's not an enforced code. And I would argue even some of the "not allowed" attire has been spotted in dining rooms. We used to go formal but in recent years we have toned it down to "business casual" So much less packing! 

I usually wear what I would be comfortable wearing in any equivalent restaurant on land. If what someone else is wearing bothers me, that's on me I guess. But to be honest, I couldn't be arsed to care what anyone else is wearing, I'll be too busy enjoying my vacation.

March 2022 on Panorama husband was told by hostess at the steakhouse we could not be seated because he was wearing shorts, nice shorts but shorts nonetheless. She said I could be seated and he could go change to long pants. She said it didn't matter if they were jeans but they had to be long pants.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

it was probably a designer gown worth thousands lol

• Like 1