A new kind of chair hog…

So we were sitting in the Centrum in one of the love seats. As a quick overview, the Centrum has individual seats and love seats normally arranged around a table in 4s. 

It was quite crowded with a band playing, and a large group next to us. All of a sudden one of them asks to squeeze in with us. While it’s a comfortable seat, we still think it’s just for two unless you are your own group. So we say no, and they get upset telling us they are seats for free and start to argue.  

That ends and we get up to dance for a while and another of their group goes and sits in our couch. We have left stuff there to return to after the song so it was clear it was taken. When we come back to sit, they tell us that it’s a seat for three and argue about it. For your group, fine, but I really don’t see that you should impose on us. Then they get mad at us. Seriously?  We get glares from them the rest of the time. 

Even before the pandemic, they are love seats for 2 nominally. 3 if you all know each other- not to force you way to sit with people you don’t know. Geez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

All of a sudden one of them asks to squeeze in with us. While it’s a comfortable seat, we still think it’s just for two unless you are your own group. So we say no, and they get upset telling us they are seats for free and start to argue.  

That ends and we get up to dance for a while and another of their group goes and sits in our couch. We have left stuff there to return to after the song so it was clear it was taken. When we come back to sit, they tell us that it’s a seat for three and argue about it. For your group, fine, but I really don’t see that you should impose on us. Then they get mad at us. Seriously?  We get glares from them the rest of the time. 

Even before the pandemic, they are love seats for 2 nominally. 3 if you all know each other- not to force you way to sit with people you don’t know. Geez. 

rude.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

During any the big Parties on Radiance Class they remove all Chairs on all levels. Guess no chairs no chair hogs

Not during the normal live bands, and some of the bands do popular dance music. 

That just goes to show the vast differences in folks. I would feel incredibly awkward asking such a thing. I would also feel awkward being asked. I'm not sure if the asking is rudeness or confidence🤔 However, the negative behavior after the initial exchange is bad/rude/entitled behavior.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The same type of thing happened on mariner in the Solarium.  We were on loungers next to a “bed” it’s about the size of a twin I believe.  The woman on the bed was on the side, not the middle.  Another woman came by and plopped down. The first woman said “ excuse me?” And the second woman said the beds were for 2 and refused to move.  I was just shocked!  First woman left after a short argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ATG said:

The same type of thing happened on mariner in the Solarium.  We were on loungers next to a “bed” it’s about the size of a twin I believe.  The woman on the bed was on the side, not the middle.  Another woman came by and plopped down. The first woman said “ excuse me?” And the second woman said the beds were for 2 and refused to move.  I was just shocked!  First woman left after a short argument.

Huh? I guess that is one way to get a seat you want though, because the first person is almost guaranteed to leave!

Edited by ShillyShally
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, ATG said:

Note to self...Lay in the middle of the "bed" 🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, ATG said:

I mean, the other side could have been her partner/friend that was in the pool or went to the restroom.  So, you just take someone else's seat because they get up momentarily? 

• Like 2

Guest phd1003

Appalling...Has covid not taught us anything. If there is an event in one of those smaller venues like the one pictured, Wife and I will go early so we can get one of those seats and we will play cribbage until the show starts. Then the mad rush when the show starts and people will ask to use the single seats which is fine until they position them directly in front of us instead of off to the side. On some occasions people will sit on the floor in front of us and then place all there empty drinks on the table in front of us leaving no space for our own drinks. I'm all for sharing but please don't abuse it.

5 minutes ago, phd1003 said:

Appalling...Has covid not taught us anything. If there is an event in one of those smaller venues like the one pictured, Wife and I will go early so we can get one of those seats and we will play cribbage until the show starts. Then the mad rush when the show starts and people will ask to use the single seats which is fine until they position them directly in front of us instead of off to the side. On some occasions people will sit on the floor in front of us and then place all there empty drinks on the table in front of us leaving no space for our own drinks. I'm all for sharing but please don't abuse it.

Share your table.  If it gets full, ask a bar server to clear it.  Sheesh.

• Like 2

Guest phd1003
4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Share your table.  If it gets full, ask a bar server to clear it.  Sheesh.

Sure...I'll put my empty plates outside your door for you to deal with...

I wish they would move some of the Centrum events to the lounge aft of the Schooner bar on Vision and Radiance class ships. Larger seating area and the space goes unused most of the day.  Centrum does not have the proper capacity when ships are sailing near full these days. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Unless you force or demand to be a random 3rd in a love seat, I don’t think you are. 

I was calling us chair hogs because we would never share a chair/seat of that size with a stranger. 🐷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2