How much roomier do the rooms and balcony feel on an SS Suite in Eurodam vs a regular Verandah

Hllb

We are booked in a verandah on Eurodam for an Alaskan cruise. There will be 3 of us in that cabin (with our 13 yr old) and my older children will be in an interior across the hall. We plan on spending a fair amount of time (all 5 of us) on our balcony, or just hanging out in the cabin sometimes. I'm considering upgrading to a Signature Suite (SS) on the same floor for the extra space, both inside the cabin and on the balcony. But I'm not sure if it will really feel bigger to justify the expense? Right now, it's about $2,000 more to move to the suite, though I'm hoping perhaps to catch a sale in the near future as there are a fair number of SS rooms open on the floor we want (6th deck, I always forget the name). I know I can wait until about a month out and look for an upsell offer as well. Thoughts?

Our favorite type of cabin! Our grandson joined us a few years back on a cruise and this cabin worked well for us. here's a photo of the bed made up for the evening. There was still plenty of room to walk past it in the night.

IMG_20180618_192316502.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea42 said:

Our favorite type of cabin! Our grandson joined us a few years back on a cruise and this cabin worked well for us. here's a photo of the bed made up for the evening. There was still plenty of room to walk past it in the night.

IMG_20180618_192316502.jpg

Thanks for the picture! One of the disappointments on how they have the Verandah cabins set up - the bed has to be folded up each day to access the balcony. This setup is much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Thanks for the picture! One of the disappointments on how they have the Verandah cabins set up - the bed has to be folded up each day to access the balcony. This setup is much better.

Yes it was nice. My husband and I could go out and ejoy the balcony while lazy boy was still sleeping

• Haha 2

Plus, the bathrooms are much larger in a SS!!  Two sinks. A jacuzzi tub with shower over it and a stand-alone shower stall!!  After you look at the pictures on HALFacts.com you will really see the difference.  

The SS balcony is large enough for 5 people (you will need to move an extra seat out there if you want to sit, but there are two chairs and two footstools so seats for 4 already).  The table can hold 5 drinks but isn't large enough to eat a meal from for more than two at a time IMO. Good current pics in this link below.

6080 – Eurodam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

I've been on the Nieuw Amsterdam several times in a SS and it's my favorite cabin of any ship so far!!!

I say go for it and don't wait to book your choice!!!  Deck 6 is my choice also.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

This video is for the Zuiderdam, but I think the SS are the same as on the Eurodam.   The Eurodam SS mostly seem to be on Deck 6 and avoids the under Lido noise issue I mention.

As others have mentioned, they "feel" much bigger than a verandah.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We took our 12 year old grandson with us to Alaska in 2019 on the Noordam in a Signature suite. We loved the cabin and extra room. The bathroom also has two sinks, one for him and the other for my wife and I. The Balcony was also much bigger. In 2025 we will be taking our other grandson to Alask and plan on a SS for that cruise as well. We now book either a SS or a Vista suite on our HAL cruises. Just a lot more room which is nice.

I think I'm going to wait a bit and then upgrade. I'll keep watching the cabin inventory and prices for now. As of today, I see 19 available cabins on the deck I want to be on, so I feel like I can continue monitoring and see how quickly they start disappearing. Since they're all 'midship', I'm open to almost any of them, though of course I have some I'd prefer more than others.

You have to be careful.  You don't know how many guarantee cabins they have booked.  For example, even though they are showing 19 available cabins, 18 might be guarantees and after one more is booked they could all disappear.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

You have to be careful.  You don't know how many guarantee cabins they have booked.  For example, even though they are showing 19 available cabins, 18 might be guarantees and after one more is booked they could all disappear.  

Good to know, thanks.

On 3/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, Hllb said:

I think I'm going to wait a bit and then upgrade. I'll keep watching the cabin inventory and prices for now. As of today, I see 19 available cabins on the deck I want to be on, so I feel like I can continue monitoring and see how quickly they start disappearing. Since they're all 'midship', I'm open to almost any of them, though of course I have some I'd prefer more than others.

If your older children are under 21, you might have a challenge finding an interior for them across from a Signature Suite--there's only a handful of insides on deck 6 midship.

8 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

If your older children are under 21, you might have a challenge finding an interior for them across from a Signature Suite--there's only a handful of insides on deck 6 midship.

Yes, we’re currently set up across from each other, forward. If we switch to. Suite, we can be on the same deck but not in the same area. They will be fine that way, just not as convenient. 

18 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Have you thought of getting two balcony cabins next to each other.  I believe that the divider inbetween them can be taken down to have one large balcony

I should look again, but last time I looked it was more expensive. That would be a nice set up

27 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Have you thought of getting two balcony cabins next to each other. I believe that the divider in between them can be taken down to have one large balcony

Yes the dividers between balconies can be opened. We do it all the time when we travel with friends or family.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

So, I did look into two balconies, but that was more expensive than a suite and an interior, and I still didn't like the setup of the verandah with the couch in use blocking the balcony. I went ahead, today, and booked a suite for the 3 of us, and left the inside the way it was. I may look for an upsell offer on the inside later, but I'm OK with them staying where they currently are. Our suite is now midship too, which will help with my youngest son's sea sickness. I had thought he was getting better, but he did have some car sickness on a bus tour in Ireland this month. Luckily Bonine seemed to work very well for him, so we'll be stocked up on that for the cruise. It was $1970 more for the suite, but we did get $225 more in OBC from our TA, so that's nice.

• Like 3

Good choice @Hllb!  I think you will be very happy with your cabins.  If you feel like it, please report back here when you return with your impressions of the Signature Suite and inside cabin combo for your group.

Have fun!

~Nancy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to update this topic. I am happily booked in our SS since mid-March, but I've continued watching the inventory available (and pricing) almost daily. I did see lower pricing on our inside cabin, but not on the suite. HAL would not give us anything for the lower priced inside cabin, nor even move that cabin to a higher grade (that was priced lower than what we paid). I did end up paying $40 to move the inside cabin so it's only a few doors away from our suite.

But in regards to suite inventory, yesterday, there were still 15 SS rooms available on deck 6. Today, those are all gone, and there is only one SS available on the cruise and it's on deck 10 forward. We are about a month and a half from our sail date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1