Self Testing is required for TA cruises

Arizona Wildcat

The email you will receive after checking in for your TA is NOT CORRECT.

The Celebrity website is a bit wordy.  Simply put a negative Covid test result is requiredfor all passengers to board all TA cruises.  This can be a self test.  Test results can be shown via either a picture or the actual negative test stick (in a baggie please) at the pier.

The testing can be done on boarding day or either of the two prior days.  Do not worry about time zones.

Again - The auto generated email being sent out when you check in is NOT CORRECT.  The required self test is simple and easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

What part of the email is not correct?   Here is what I received.  I do think the whole 2 days thing could have been less convoluted but I don't see anything incorrect here.

image.png.fc8a3b20963bc5361371f5d573d0651c.png

The email that I and others received yesterday is completely different from yours and actually sent by Royal Caribbean.   Others on our cruise have received the same email.

What cruise are you on?  The email that is being sent to the Apex April 22nd passengers after checkin sailing states that vaccination is not required and has no mention of a self test.  Passengers on TAs are required to be fully vaccinated and show a negative test

The description is indeed very convoluted.  Have not seen your version.  Is it from the full website?

Spoke with Celebrity and they are supposedly making the main page clearer AND correcting the email being sent after checkin.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

43 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The email that I and others received yesterday is completely different from yours and actually sent by Royal Caribbean.   Others on our cruise have received the same email.

What cruise are you on?  The email that is being sent to the Apex April 22nd passengers after checkin sailing states that vaccination is not required and has no mention of a self test.  Passengers on TAs are required to be fully vaccinated and show a negative test

The description is indeed very convoluted.  Have not seen your version.  Is it from the full website?

Spoke with Celebrity and they are supposedly making the main page clearer AND correcting the email being sent after checkin.

A posting of your email would be helpful.

Not sure how it will help.  My post was simply to let those that received an email that vaccination and testing is not required for TA cruises is incorrect.

Spoke with the executive office late this morning and they agreed website is convoluted as to when testing needs to be done AND the email - a photo attached, best I can do on my phone - is wrong.  They are supposedly fixing the issue.

Not debating what others received.  Simply trying to make sure everyone has the correct info.

As you can see this is completely different from what wrk2cruise posted.

20230309_141200.thumb.jpg.6f8bf9daaf25d2e471888e49fc37d0ce.jpg

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not sure how it will help.  My post was simply to let those that received an email that vaccination and testing is not required for TA cruises is incorrect.

It allows me to judge for myself.  When we took our Oct TA cruise, the emails and website at that time were consistent.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

It allows me to judge for myself.

????  And what did you judge?  

The only important thing is Celebrity sent out information that was incorrect, contradictory and confusing.  They agreed and said they will be fixing the situation.

I already said I was looking to inform those effected so nobody shows up without the documents required to board.

Just now, Arizona Wildcat said:

????  And what did you judge?  

The only important thing is Celebrity sent out information that was incorrect, contradictory and confusing.  They agreed and said they will be fixing the situation.

I already said I was looking to inform those effected so nobody shows up without the documents required to board.

Judging from your comments, I would say so.

This is the email regarding Reflection TA in April , really no change from January 

We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.
VACCINATION POLICY TO SAIL
In order to sail on a Transatlantic, Transpacific, or Transocean crossing with us, we will require all guests 12 and older to be fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended.
Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) ORby the European Medical Agency (EMA) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
 Pfizer/Cominarty    Sinovac/Coronavac
 Moderna/Spikevax    Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
 Johnson & Johnson/Janssen    Covaxin
 AstraZeneca/Covishield/Vaxzevria    Nuvaxovid
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences.
PRE-ARRIVAL/EMBARKATION COVID-19 TEST
All guests 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.
Guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 daysprior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing. Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. 
Guests on back-to-back sailings will be required to take part in a complimentary COVID test in port, prior to reboarding the Transatlantic leg of their journey.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 90 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.
PRE-CRUISE Test Kit Resources for U.S. Guests
Celebrity Cruises has worked with its trusted vendors to make options for procuring supervised test kits available to you. Supervised self-tests are also readily available in most drugstores and pharmacies.

We suggest that you order them at least one full week in advance of your sailing. These tests allow you to complete your pre-cruise test at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide. Your results will be ready in 15 minutes. The cost for COVID-19 test kits may be covered by your health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance provider for coverage benefits. 

U.S. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE – ABBOTT BINAXNOWTM
DEBARK
No Debark testing required.

13 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

This is the email regarding Reflection TA in April , really no change from January 

We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.
VACCINATION POLICY TO SAIL
In order to sail on a Transatlantic, Transpacific, or Transocean crossing with us, we will require all guests 12 and older to be fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended.
Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) ORby the European Medical Agency (EMA) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
 Pfizer/Cominarty    Sinovac/Coronavac
 Moderna/Spikevax    Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
 Johnson & Johnson/Janssen    Covaxin
 AstraZeneca/Covishield/Vaxzevria    Nuvaxovid
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences.
All guests 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.
Guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 daysprior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing. Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. 
Guests on back-to-back sailings will be required to take part in a complimentary COVID test in port, prior to reboarding the Transatlantic leg of their journey.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 90 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.
PRE-CRUISE Test Kit Resources for U.S. Guests
Celebrity Cruises has worked with its trusted vendors to make options for procuring supervised test kits available to you. Supervised self-tests are also readily available in most drugstores and pharmacies.

We suggest that you order them at least one full week in advance of your sailing. These tests allow you to complete your pre-cruise test at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide. Your results will be ready in 15 minutes. The cost for COVID-19 test kits may be covered by your health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance provider for coverage benefits. 

U.S. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE – ABBOTT BINAXNOWTM
DEBARK
No Debark testing required.

Thank you for posting.  As far as what is required, the letter says that an unsupervised, self-administered test are among the acceptable testing options. Celebrity's website (below) says the same.  Where is the error?

image.thumb.png.72336f9a87f14782ea3f9ceed68887b4.png

Edited by mahdnc

My notification for Apex is pretty much the same as @Ex-Airbalancer.    Don't see anything that is incorrect.  

Since I'm on a B2B was happy that they clarified process for B2Bs

Guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing. Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Interesting that @Jim_Iainand @Arizona Wildcat are on the same sailing and evidently got completely different emails.

Hopefully not as widespread as initially thought.

Interesting -  I went back and looked and the one I posted I received on March 1 after checking in for the Key West Belize Cruise - the one prior to the TA.   The e-mail subject was Your health and safety checklist to be ready for your cruise.

I received the same email as  @Arizona Wildcatreceived with a  subject:   Prepare for your Boarding Day.   This has a link to Health at Sea. (This does not link to the TA Requirements)   I received this within minutes of completing Check-In

I just completed the on-Line checkin for the TA and received the first one when complete but have not yet received the Prepare for boarding one for the TA yet.

It does have a link

I went back and looked and the one I posted I received on March 1 after checking in for the Key West Belize Cruise - the one prior to the TA.

I suspect they have the wrong sailing tagged as the TA for Apex.   Of course it will take them weeks to fix it!

We know they have an email notification system which can send emails targeted to any sailing within moments notice.   They use for delayed sailings and other important last minute updates.  They could certainly use that here to explain the incorrect automated email.

Edited by wrk2cruise

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I suspect they have the wrong sailing tagged as the TA for Apex.   Of course it will take them weeks to fix it!

We know they have an email notification system which can send emails targeted to any sailing within moments notice.   They use for delayed sailings and other important last minute updates.  They could certainly use that here to explain the incorrect automated email.

I certainly hope it is fixed in days.  Just wondering what cruise you did your check in?

Had a return call from Adela at Celebrity saying they passed the info on to IT and think the problem is solved.  Similar messages went out those who checked in for several TAs recently - thanking me.  She had no idea why the mistake and was not aware of any issue prior to my contacting them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Spoke with the executive office late this morning and they agreed website is convoluted as to when testing needs to be done AND the email - a photo attached, best I can do on my phone - is wrong.  They are supposedly fixing the issue.

Not debating what others received.  Simply trying to make sure everyone has the correct info.

As you can see this is completely different from what wrk2cruise posted.

20230309_141200.thumb.jpg.6f8bf9daaf25d2e471888e49fc37d0ce.jpg

I finally see see what you getting at 

I never read the complete email after checking in , where it says you don’t need to be vaccinated 

probably don’t really care as we getting another booster a couple of weeks before the cruise anyway

9B43ED11-310B-4464-8E29-CDF183B2D3B9.jpeg

• Like 1

Interessting, I boarding  QM2 at April 22th. Back to back TA- I don´t need a test,  whatsoever. I am not sure if even vacination papers are required- I have them with me in any case. I was just surprised that X still requieres tests prior embarkation.