BEYOND?/BLU/PRIME RIB

Cruisegirl6

Prime Rib is back on night one on the Beyond everybody!

Question, I am in AC, they do not have it on the menu do you think if I request it they will serve it to me in Blu?  

Do the rooms have a make up mirror?

I realize the temperature in the stateroom show it can go down to like 67 degrees, do you feel the rooms are cool when you sleep or they warmer than what the temperature is set at, should I bring a small fan.  I do not like top sleep when I am warm.

You can ask politely but don't be disappointed if the answer is no.  There are many threads here regarding the ability to order from the MDR menu in Blu.   Technically the answer on S and E ships is no because the galleys are not co-located like they are on M class ships.   But some report success.  It really depends on the Matre'd.   Keep in mind that one of the Blu staff members is going to have to go to the other galley to get it which could impact service.

• Like 1

Usually no.   The kitchens are distant from each other.   On the S and M class ships they allow ordering off the MDR menu because they share the same kitchen area.  

They usually advise you to eat in the MDR on a space available basis in order to order off the MDR menu.

I don’t know how many different ways or how many times you are going to ask about getting MDR food in Blu on an Edge class ship. You have been advised on this subject several times, in several threads, but continue to ask it.

If you want prime rib and it’s only served in the MDR, make arrangements to eat there on the night it’s served. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I don’t know how many different ways or how many times you are going to ask about getting MDR food in Blu on an Edge class ship. You have been advised on this subject several times, in several threads, but continue to ask it.

If you want prime rib and it’s only served in the MDR, make arrangements to eat there on the night it’s served. 

You didn't mention whether there is a make up mirror in the stateroom but you always focus on what I ask about food items.  Block me please.

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

You didn't mention whether there is a make up mirror in the stateroom but you always focus on what I ask about food items.  Block me please.

I didn’t answer your makeup mirror question because I don’t know the answer to it as I don’t book Aqua class.  If you asked about suites, then I would know. 

2 minutes ago, KiRiMi said:

We were on the Solstice in February, Aqua Cabin.  Twice in Blu, we asked to order from main dining room menu and had no problem getting the entree we asked for.

When ships are sailing with low capacity, as the Solstice has been, it is easier to accommodate a special request and send a waiter off to another area to fetch a dish.  When capacity is at or near full and the ship is short staffed, as many have been, then these requests often can not be accommodated.

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Question, I am in AC, they do not have it on the menu do you think if I request it they will serve it to me in Blu?  

I realize the temperature in the stateroom show it can go down to like 67 degrees, do you feel the rooms are cool when you sleep or they warmer than what the temperature is set at, should I bring a small fan.  I do not like top sleep when I am warm.

On the Beyond, you CANNOT order  items from one of the 4 MDR from Blu.  We were refused.  So when we wanted to eat a particular dish in Normandie, we were advised to go to Normandie. 

And yes, there is prime rib on the Beyond.  Go to Fine Cut Steakhouse to get your prim rib.

Edited by keesar

37 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, you CANNOT order  items from one of the 4 MDR from Blu.  We were refused.  So when we wanted to eat a particular dish in Normandie, we were advised to go to Normandie. 

And yes, there is prime rib on the Beyond.  Go to Fine Cut Steakhouse to get your prim rib.

Its reserved, I was able to get a decent time today!

2 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I didn’t answer your makeup mirror question because I don’t know the answer to it as I don’t book Aqua class.  If you asked about suites, then I would know. 

I know the suites have them, been in suites on the Apex and the Epic (just the Aqua Suite and Sky Suites) we don't care for the tub/shower combo thats a deal breaker for us and the suites are a lot smaller than the ones we had on Royal Caribbean, so the AC is perfect for this time around.  Just need somebody to confirm if they have the make up mirror in the AC.  My eyes are not what they used to be lol.

7 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

The heating and cooling take a while to move the temperature.   We like to sleep cool so simply turn the thermostat down around 5pm.  It is very comfortable and we like 65 or less at home.  Don't understand top sleep.

No idea about your make up mirror.

In Blu on Apex you cannot order off the MDR menu.  You can on the other classes of ships as Blu and the MDR share a kitchen.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

if you know the night for Prime Rib  ahead of time,  try to book in MDR on Prime Rib night.. we do it for an early time and  have never been refused...

I can't the only availability in all four MDR is 9pm and 9:30pm way too late to start dinner.

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I can't the only availability in all four MDR is 9pm and 9:30pm way too late to start dinner.

They don’t all reservations ahead of time, the keep a large portion available for walk up and on board booking

• Like 1