How full are current sailings?

On Voyager in May. I regularly check the website and all but the largest suites are available. Just wondering if this is normal or whether we are likely to sail under capacity. Obviously anything can change at short notice. Thought the Greece/Turkey itinerary would be popular although perhaps those living in the States would prefer this itinerary in the hotter weather later into Summer, whereas we are trying to avoid the Summer heat. Anyone sailing under capacity on their cruise at the moment?

Can't speak for all cruises, but the one's I have booked are pretty full.  We do Athens to Rome in Oct. and I can only find 1 cabin available. Not "category," but actual cabin.  Our Grandeur sailing in Jan. has been sold out for a very long time.  Our cruise in 2025 has limited availability.  

But the real sign for us that ships were full.  We were supposed to be on Navigator this week. We got an email 4 days before the cruise offering an alternate cruise in Dec. on Mariner, upgrade to a Penthouse, and significant cash back.  We took the offer because we are in the middle of repairing water damage from a frozen water line on Christmas so the timing was perfect.  But clearly the ship was full as they were buying off volunteers. 

• Like 1

We're on the Navigator Amazon cruise in 10 days. It's been waitlisted for ever. A couple of weeks ago, the was a sniglet of opening  for guarantees in the stern cabins and one lonely E in the very front of the ship.That disappeared almost instantly. Now it's waitlisted again, across the whole ship. 

As much as the little Navigator gets bashed regularly (unless you're a devotee, as we are), it still has the best itineraries of any Regent ship, imho.

• Like 3

The first three Grandeur sailings seem to have plenty of openings; I wonder if we (booked on the first two cruises) are the fools for thinking ship will be ready on time.  

Edited by mrlevin

20 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I saw one cruise that was well over a year away - can't remember now which one - was marked as "waitlisted" in every category.  I was thinking that maybe it could be a private charter.

Our cruise April 2024 Tokyo to Vancouver has been waitlisted quite a while; not uncommon for unique cruises to be waitlisted over a year in advance.

20 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Our cruise April 2024 Tokyo to Vancouver has been waitlisted quite a while; not uncommon for unique cruises to be waitlisted over a year in advance.

Oh - perhaps that is the one I was looking at.

You are so smart to do May before the heat and the crowds!  Great itinerary and length too!

I just did a dummy booking and chose a couple of categories.  In both G and PHB, there are only two cabins available. There were, however, 8 concierge D cabins.  Still, it looks fairly full.

I just did a quick check with a mock booking for our TA cruise next month and there were approx ~50 cabins still available, vast majority concierge+. Only a couple others at the extreme bow/stern for <=Deluxe

But, I also understand that TA isn't necessarily a super highly sought after itinerary for many.

9 hours ago, mrlevin said:

We cleared the waitlist for our rt Tokyo cruise this April last August. We had been on the waitlist for months. All categories were waitlisted. 
Now there is availability showing in 7 categories. Surprising to me. 

Edited by labonnevie

There is a single person at Regent in charge of managing the WL. Sometimes, what shows as available is not actually clear to book. The software can show it as clear if cancelled by a Rep but it might get pushed to the WL person to satisfy a booking on the WL. My point is that the WL is managed by a person, not by the software...but cancellations show up immediately.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

You are so smart to do May before the heat and the crowds!  Great itinerary and length too!

I just did a dummy booking and chose a couple of categories.  In both G and PHB, there are only two cabins available. There were, however, 8 concierge D cabins.  Still, it looks fairly full.

We wanted to travel in April and were looking at a Seabourn cruise but chose Regent instead,  on reputation. I found around 24 cabins available, if you include base Verandas, which we have booked. Would be nice to get an upgrade as it is our Silver anniversary 🤞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pack Leader said:

We wanted to travel in April and were looking at a Seabourn cruise but chose Regent instead,  on reputation. I found around 24 cabins available, if you include base Verandas, which we have booked. Would be nice to get an upgrade as it is our Silver anniversary 🤞

Close to sailing - "upgrades" may be offered for a price. 

3 hours ago, Pack Leader said:

I was hoping our Silver Anniversary might help there

Don't take this personally, but everyone is celebrating something.   But if you let them know you could get a cake.  😎

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 6

For our 25th anniversary we had a carrot cake in Prime 7 and were serenaded by Ray and Nature's Rhythm.  For our 30th anniversary we had a carrot cake in Prime 7 and were serenaded by Irina and two waiters.  We have celebrated six anniversaries onboard and have 31st and 32nd already booked.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

For our 25th anniversary we had a carrot cake in Prime 7 and were serenaded by Ray and Nature's Rhythm.  For our 30th anniversary we had a carrot cake in Prime 7 and were serenaded by Irina and two waiters.  We have celebrated six anniversaries onboard and have 31st and 32nd already booked.  

We celebrated three for our 50th we got a nice desert that had Happy birthday on it. 😒