Nicest MDR on the Iona

gteach

We didn't like the two smaller ones Aqua and Opal they seemed very dark and claustrophobic. Much preferred Pearl and Coral but that is only personal opinion. We joined virtual queue and chose a table for 2 every night. We joined the virtual queue as we left our stateroom and by the time we had got the lift we had buzzer saying our table was ready. Only 2 occasions did we have to wait and it was no more than 10 minutes. Very impressive.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We didn't like the two smaller ones Aqua and Opal they seemed very dark and claustrophobic. Much preferred Pearl and Coral but that is only personal opinion. We joined virtual queue and chose a table for 2 every night. We joined the virtual queue as we left our stateroom and by the time we had got the lift we had buzzer saying our table was ready. Only 2 occasions did we have to wait and it was no more than 10 minutes. Very impressive.

I'll second that. Pearl or Coral, with Coral having the very slight edge.

We are early diners 6-6.30 and never had to wait for a table for 2. 

Have a lovely cruise.

We didn't try the two smaller ones but for us Coral and Pearl were much too bright and lacked a bit of atmosphere.  We didn't feel they were right for an intimate or 'romantic ' meal for two but fine if in a group.

Of course that's only our own personal opinion.

• Like 1

They were all good but possibly we preferred the two smaller ones. I do think people’s opinions differ as to when they went and how many other tables their waiter is serving at the same time. So it can differ greatly in the same dining room from one day to the next. Even from the same table from one day to the next.

On our recent cruise on Iona we had dinner in the Coral restaurant on nights we didn’t go to a speciality one. We tried the Pearl once but the staff weren’t as efficient or friendly as in the Coral. We usually went down 7.30 - 8.00, we didn’t book and never had to wait.

• Like 1

Opal and Aqua for us as we find the other 2 too busy and lacking in any form of intimacy. Also, dare I say there’s not so many children in the first 2, apart from own grandchildren of course 😉

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Can I ask those who had no, or very little, wait if any of you dined around 8 / 8.30pm? Seems like a lot of participants on this forum dine quite early. 

We dined a couple of times after the 6:45 theatre show which was round about 8:00pm, and walked straight in after joining the virtual queue after leaving the theatre.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Can I ask those who had no, or very little, wait if any of you dined around 8 / 8.30pm? Seems like a lot of participants on this forum dine quite early. 

Yes we dine at around 8pm and never had a wait for a table for 2. That is using the virtual queue method rather than just turning up. One cruise (out of 4 cruises) we were able to pre book an 8pm slot before the cruise. 

• Like 1