The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 20th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

7 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Actually, she was DOA at the veterinarian's office, although breathing when we set out.

Oh my - how sad and traumatizing.  My little Fox (I always called her “Little” as she was small a5 35+ pounbs compared to my other big boys) died in my arms at 3:30 AM.  I was on the phone to the emerg vet and dropped it when she started to fall and grabbed her.  I am so sorry 💔 

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu I know it's sticker shock these days at the grocery store. When do you see the surgeon again?

Wednesday is D-day Vanessa.  Physio is happy but wires and screws are causing pain and concern for us both.  I just hope my surgeon is happy 🙏🏻 I’m taking my Ipad in case I don’t get to come home for a while.  Can you tell I’m nervous?  Hopefully I am just overthinking 🤞 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

- Pat has his surgery follow-up appointment and we hope to have good news.

My very best wishes for Pat tomorrow and very good news 🤞 🙏🏻 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I did eventually manage to organize sailaway waves for March 29 and April 3 on the PTZ webcam.  

Yay 👍. We’ll be waving to you.

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Anyway, the DS volunteered to come over tomorrow evening, spend the night and drive us to the airport the next morning.  That will make it much easier. 

Oh how nice!  Bless them for doing this - it will make things a LOT easier.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Well I hope dh did not jinx the weather. He “summerized” the snow blower and stored it away again. We have beautiful sunshine today and the temps will go up all week. 

OMG - already?  I sure hope he hasn’t jinxed you and  I hope you are not in the track of the storm coming.  I wouldn’t have had the nerve.  My snow shovels will be out until May, I fear 😂 

Hope you have a much better sleep tonight 🤞 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

how sad and traumatizing

As @cat shepard said, it was a gift not to have to make "the decision we all dread." I had no hope that the vet would be able to help her. At her visit last fall, they noticed that the pupil of one eye was fixed and dilated, and thought she might have had a stroke. There was no other impairment then, but it made it seem likely that she would have another, worse one, sooner or later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Kind of a damp and cool day here in Western Washington.  Saturday was our warmest day since October, yesterday was nice, but cool and wet has come back.  Saturday our DS came over for a visit with his dog, a beautiful and well tempered golden doodle.  We took the dog to the local dog park where they can run around without a leash.  Very interesting watching the different dogs playing and interacting with each other.  Kind of like a school playground, where there is always one bully but everyone else enjoys playing together.  

Yesterday I finally got serious about packing for our cruise.  Still have some little decisions like how to pack the Irish Cream I use for my morning coffee, what shoes to take, should I pack or wear a coat, etc.  We live about 60 miles from SeaTac airport and it isn't practical to park a car there long term, so I usually go there the day before and pick up a rental to drive the the airport the next morning.  It involves taking a ferry to Seattle, walking about 6-8 blocks to the light rail, take it to airport, then a rental car shuttle to the rental car place.  Wastes most of a day and I don't look forward to walking through the worst part of Seattle or riding the light rail with the drug smokers.  Anyway, the DS volunteered to come over tomorrow evening, spend the night and drive us to the airport the next morning.  That will make it much easier.  I had booked a Thrifty rental car through Priceline and tried to cancel it this morning.  Called both of them and neither would allow me to cancel it.  Oh well, lesson learned.

Ray

We live in Bremerton & for long term anything that involves flyi ng, we take the airporter, then catch the shuttle for the hotel we're staying at &, in the morning, get the shuttle back to SeaTac.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Weather problems.

Noordam is not in Wellington today, she is heading north to Napier, at 17 knots,.

It will be a rough journey.

Thank you for letting us know.  Sorry to hear abou the rough seas and weather problems there.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

We live in Bremerton & for long term anything that involves flyi ng, we take the airporter, then catch the shuttle for the hotel we're staying at &, in the morning, get the shuttle back to SeaTac.

We have often taken the airporter, particularly when returning to SeaTac.  It stops.  It stops in Silverdale about 3 miles (mostly downhill) from our house.  In the past I would often drop off the luggage and DW, drive home and park the car, and walk the 3 miles to the pickup point.  I considered it this time, but not sure at 83 I am still comfortable walking 3 miles, they raised the price from $27. to $37. P/P and took away the senior discount, so the rental car (at $42) seemed like the sure thing to get us there at the proper time.  Interesting that our limousine bus transportation from Narita to Yokohama is only $16.80 P/P or 2200 Yen.

• Like 7

Stormy weather here, temperature 10 C,  Norwegian Spirit having a sea day instead of Port Chalmers today.

Some trees have been uprooted, and some streets/highways closed.

There has been snow on the Crown Range between Queenstown and Wanaka.

@cunnorl  thank you for sharing yur photos of Geraldton, we took the shuttlebus  to the War Memorial, then walked down and back to the ship.

@kochleffel  condolences on the loss of Sasha, she had a good life with you.

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations on reaching 10,000 posts.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, I hope everyone had a great weekend and is welcoming Spring. 
Trpuble was supposed to go to the vet tomorrow for his follow up appointment but we had a voicemail from the vet that they had a small fire in the apartment above their office yesterday. All the animals are safe , but there was some damage to their building and they will be closed for several days . Thank God all were safe.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists❤️🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good evening.  The calendar might say it's spring, but our weather still doesn't agree.  To top it off, our wind which usually dies down about sunset, is still blowing at 16mph.  It looks like it stay windy until Saturday.

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all!  I think Spring has arrived here - trees are blooming, along with the daffs and rhodies.  I think Mother Nature heard me yesterday when I said I wanted to get out and do some early pruning today, because it is now quite rainy!  And that's a good thing - the reservoir has reached 99.5%.  I would prefer to hold off on the Day of Happiness and celebrate it tomorrow if possible - Pat has his surgery follow-up appointment and we hope to have good news.   Our flights home have changed, so I'm wondering if that is why I couldn't get my airline app to accept our info, passports etc.  Now I will try again. I did eventually manage to organize sailaway waves for March 29 and April 3 on the PTZ webcam.  

I'm sorry you had a bad night, @smitty34877, hope things improve for Tana and you.  And, @kochleffel, I'm sorry you lost your Junior Cat.  Cats were a major discussion at breakfast on Sunday, three of us love them, one does NOT - but guess who the cats always go to...

MY DSIL and her family, who live in Perth, WA, seem to go to Geraldton frequently, in fact I think they may have a cottage there.  Thanks for the pictures.  

Ann, sending very positive thoughts your way that Pat gets a good report tomorrow at his post op vvisit with the doctor so that you can go on your cruise.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Wednesday is D-day Vanessa.  Physio is happy but wires and screws are causing pain and concern for us both.  I just hope my surgeon is happy 🙏🏻 I’m taking my Ipad in case I don’t get to come home for a while.  Can you tell I’m nervous?  Hopefully I am just overthinking 🤞 

Jacqui, I am also sending very positive thoughts your way for a good visit and a happy surgeon Wednesday.  

18 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening, I hope everyone had a great weekend and is welcoming Spring. 
Trpuble was supposed to go to the vet tomorrow for his follow up appointment but we had a voicemail from the vet that they had a small fire in the apartment above their office yesterday. All the animals are safe , but there was some damage to their building and they will be closed for several days . Thank God all were safe.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists❤️🙏

I'm happy all the animals at the vet's office were safe, but sorry there was damage to the building.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

On social media, our rabbi commented that Sasha was a "fine cat who never missed a Talmud class." The classes are on Zoom, and this is almost true: if I was there, she was there.

He dedicated the class tonight to Sasha's memory.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 15

29 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

He dedicated the class tonight to Sasha's memory.

Paul, that was very nice of the Rabbi.  I'm glad you were spared having to make the decision.  We've had to make the decision twice, and the other times the decision was made for us while we were trying to make it.

Lenda

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh my - how sad and traumatizing.  My little Fox (I always called her “Little” as she was small a5 35+ pounbs compared to my other big boys) died in my arms at 3:30 AM.  I was on the phone to the emerg vet and dropped it when she started to fall and grabbed her.  I am so sorry 💔 

My very best wishes for Pat tomorrow and very good news 🤞 🙏🏻 

Yay 👍. We’ll be waving to you.

Oh how nice!  Bless them for doing this - it will make things a LOT easier.

OMG - already?  I sure hope he hasn’t jinxed you and  I hope you are not in the track of the storm coming.  I wouldn’t have had the nerve.  My snow shovels will be out until May, I fear 😂 

Hope you have a much better sleep tonight 🤞 

Fingers crossed that your surgeon is happy with your healing tomorrow.

we will stay above freezing overnight and warm up quite nicely tomorrow and the rest of the week, although it looks like we will have rain. Weather report says flurries on Saturday but nothing likely to stick since it will be warm. We are actually in a drought situation in Essex county because we have had so little snow this winter. 

• Like 9

Hello everyone!

After the endless flight, we had a couple of great days in Melbourne.  We are now on the ship waiting for sailaway in about an hour (6pm Tuesday in Melbourne, not sure what time or day it is for everyone else!).

@erewhonwe'll be heading your way 4/4 - 4/9, hoping the weather will be more promising!

Prayers for all, and we'll lift a glass to celebrate!

Laura

• Like 6