Debarkation time from Equinox in Port Everglades

the_dylaness

We got off the equinox last week at 7:30 on a walk off. My other flew out of FLL at 10:30 am. She took a taxi (with my aunt) which was cheaper for two than a shuttle bus. The last time off the ship was (I think) 9:30. Everything was very quick and efficient, including customs which is now facial recognition, our passports were not looked at. This was different than Tampa which was facial recognition and passport.

• Thanks 1

Just off the Equinox March 9th….had a late flight . Another vote for taking your time getting off the ship , then take a taxi to the airport.   I believe those taking shuttles had to be off the ship fairly early. 

They did want you out of your cabin by 800, so take your carryons and relax on deck 5. If you are Elite or higher Celebrity status, go to the Tuscan Grill to wait.

Thanks to all for your thoughts! We are a party of 5 with let's just say plenty of luggage, so we'll need two Ubers, which feels sort of like a pain. We have decided to just go with it and get two separate Ubers. (Even one Uber XL is not big enough, I think, based on my prior experiences with those.)

We are Elite so helpful to know about Tuscan Grille- thanks!

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

Thanks to all for your thoughts! We are a party of 5 with let's just say plenty of luggage, so we'll need two Ubers, which feels sort of like a pain. We have decided to just go with it and get two separate Ubers. (Even one Uber XL is not big enough, I think, based on my prior experiences with those.)

We are Elite so helpful to know about Tuscan Grille- thanks!

An UberX from terminal to FLL runs about $15. A cab is about the same, typically (some try to bully you into a flat cash fare of $20). The ride is about 15 minutes. 

4 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Sorry, I realize now I did not specify- we are flying out of Miami.  About 45 m drive.

We've done that in an Uber.  The ride was about $70 before tip.  I don't recall the price of a shuttle, but you may do better.  We didn't want to wait on the shuttle, so we just grabbed the Uber and went.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, the_dylaness said:

I can't find this anywhere and I should already know... what are our time options for getting off the ship in FLL? We are not flying until 130 so happy to stay on as long as we can... need to book a shuttle though. thank you!

9ish.  

On 3/20/2023 at 12:09 PM, the_dylaness said:

need to book a shuttle though

Get a Taxi or Uber to the airport, for 2 people it will cost less and be more convenient. In 2021 an Uber from port to airport was $23 and Celebrity wanted $16pp for the shuttle which drops you off in one location with a long walk to the terminal for departure.

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Thanks all! Our party of 5 will have 4 large suitcases and a few smaller bags too so probably we need more than 1 Uber... we'll get 2 Ubers to MIA, I guess 🙂

In your case I would explore a private transport with a minivan. You may be able to also order a minivan Uber.

• Thanks 1