LIVE FROM the flagship Rotterdam on the 21-day Eastern Caribbean and 150th Anniversary Transatlantic

Vict0riann

We have one of those interesting sideways rooms, like we had on Koningsdam.  Somehow this one seems a little smaller, the bathroom definitely is smaller.  But it has a lovely long balcony.  I have my feet up on the bed relaxing from a busy day.

There is another long balcony aft of us, and one of those angled balconies ahead of us. 

F52AF7DC-D06B-4FFD-B5E5-9AF441404E74.thumb.jpeg.a81023847eda0ac07b9d7b1f5c765a3d.jpeg

91A12F2F-BEC4-4022-A66D-1E2F54D85E04.thumb.jpeg.727bc93ec900fa4f5c50fd96009ec701.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 21

6 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Fabulous balcony!!  I am looking for the Happy Hour this evening.......

It actually doesn’t look like there is one today.  Just the Sailaway party.  I hope they will have one on the other days.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

It actually doesn’t look like there is one today.  Just the Sailaway party.  I hope they will have one on the other days.  

I hope so too.  We are on the May 12 Zuiderdam TA.  Have a fabulous cruise.  Thank you for letting us journey along with you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're so lucky to have Captain Timmers; we've sailed twice with him and he is a delight!  Can you tell us your cabin number in case some of us would like to have it on another voyage? If you'd rather not give it out, you can let me know later by email 

ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've stayed at the HIE.  Very convenient to shopping.

There's a Priority lounge?  If I have Club Orange can I hang out there?  Of course, I hope to arrive relatively early and be able to just board.

My friends are in one of the V verandah cabins with the big, angled balcony.  I'm in an interior.  Hope they won't mind if I live on their balcony. 😁

Can't believe I've never made it to Key West.  I've had it on various itineraries and it was always cancelled (either the port stop or the entire sailing).  I'll get there one day, I hope.

• Like 4

On 3/25/2023 at 12:19 PM, Vict0riann said:

That is great to get some other impressions of the ship and cruises.  We are mainly stick-in-the-muds, so I will want to hear about a lot of the happenings too!  I am just hoping there will be a Lincoln Center Stage!

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

You're so lucky to have Captain Timmers; we've sailed twice with him and he is a delight!  Can you tell us your cabin number in case some of us would like to have it on another voyage? If you'd rather not give it out, you can let me know later by email 

ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com

We are in 5050 - easy to remember.  It is an exceptional balcony!  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

I've stayed at the HIE.  Very convenient to shopping.

There's a Priority lounge?  If I have Club Orange can I hang out there?  Of course, I hope to arrive relatively early and be able to just board.

My friends are in one of the V verandah cabins with the big, angled balcony.  I'm in an interior.  Hope they won't mind if I live on their balcony. 😁

Can't believe I've never made it to Key West.  I've had it on various itineraries and it was always cancelled (either the port stop or the entire sailing).  I'll get there one day, I hope.

The priority lounge I was talking about is in the Terminal building.  You just have to tell the person handing out the boarding passes that you are CO, and you get to go upstairs to a different waiting room and get to be the among the early ones to board.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Has anyone on the ship now determined whether Caot. Timmers is staying?

My understanding is that he is on for these 5 days, then the new Captain will board.  I’ll try to find out more.  

• Like 5