LIVE FROM the flagship Rotterdam on the 21-day Eastern Caribbean and 150th Anniversary Transatlantic

Vict0riann

I was supposed to be at the Holiday Inn Express.  Got the call from the manager to change me to Sheraton Four Points while I was walking down the jetway in Denver.  Caught me off guard, so I agreed to the change.  This hotel is okay for one night.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I was supposed to be at the Holiday Inn Express.  Got the call from the manager to change me to Sheraton Four Points while I was walking down the jetway in Denver.  Caught me off guard, so I agreed to the change.  This hotel is okay for one night.

What happened to your reservation at HIExpress?  Lucky they found you a room for the night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

At least you're in the general vicinty; you aren't way off in the boonies!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

At least you're in the general vicinty; you aren't way off in the boonies!  

I think that’s the place that used to be the Comfort Inn?  We stayed there a few times, we would have continued but they shut it down for a few years…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Total Wine, Publix, TJ Maxx, Ace Hardware and a few other places like a fitness centre, and a nail salon are all in the same strip mall just a block or two from Holiday Inn Express on 17th.  There are also restaurants and bars there.  The place is called "Harbor Shops".

Thank you.  Yes, I’m familiar with total wine 😛🍷.  I also love having breakfast at joes cafe.  It’s not fancy but it’s good.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

There’s a CVS down the road, past the Embassy Suites, and a Walgreens nearby , too, in the other direction., according to my Maps.me app.  It’s a useful app, because it doesn’t need internet, but you have to download the maps you think you will need ahead of time, when you do have internet.  There’s a shopping center with the Total Wine, a Publix, TJMaxx, etc., too.  

sorry, Gerry, I posted before reading your much better responses!

Thanks for tip on the maps.me app.  My problem is that I’d get lost in a paper bag.  I’m going to definitely keep this hotel in mind.  Glad you mentioned it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had an itinerary change notification this morning - there had been mention on other  threads that very late changes were being made from Key West to Bimini, so I immediately thought that was what it was, but no, just a time change in Key West, we’ll leave at 6 instead of 9.  I wouldn’t have minded if they had changed it  altogether, as I haven’t been to Bimini.  

I don’t know about anyone else, but I still have no boarding time on my Navigator app.  It  says. “Invalid Date Time”.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Just had an itinerary change notification this morning - there had been mention on other  threads that very late changes were being made from Key West to Bimini, so I immediately thought that was what it was, but no, just a time change in Key West, we’ll leave at 6 instead of 9.  I wouldn’t have minded if they had changed it  altogether, as I haven’t been to Bimini.  

I don’t know about anyone else, but I still have no boarding time on my Navigator app.  It  says. “Invalid Date Time”.  

Ann,

I admit to being surprised that the Rotterdam will be allowed to dock at Key West.  One of my favorite places to visit, so I hope your weather is great!

The other Ann😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Ann,

I admit to being surprised that the Rotterdam will be allowed to dock at Key West.  One of my favorite places to visit, so I hope your weather is great!

The other Ann😎

I wouldn’t have minded Bimini as an alternative, but we like Key West.   Have to have Key Lime pie!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

How would you like to be the Food and Beverage Manager on board Rotterdam VII ... from April 7 1600 to April 17 0800 ... no "at the berth" resupply.

It would have been the people in steerage who would have suffered then, perhaps they were expected to bring their own  food.

• Like 1

It was raining last night as we came out of the Outback, but it looks nice today.  We had the typical hotel breakfast.  They all seem to have a pancake machine these days, not the old waffle maker.  

Our room looks over the pool.  

372AD9F4-817D-4A42-9400-20768EB46124.thumb.jpeg.f329d667f170c5b4a61af0eaba7c891a.jpeg

• Like 12

We’re on board quickly and Tony and I went immediately to the podium to make dinner reservations.  Roice is the host in Tamarind and said she could organize everything for us. Khay is cellar master and we are on the lookout for her.  I’ve invited Dustin  (from Vancouver) , the assistant Hotel Manager,  to our M& G on the 1st.  

• Like 9