Chair hogs be warned

melbur

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I've got a second option.  Make the offenders put on shorts and go eat in the MDR on a formal night and put up with all the looks and ridicule remarks.  That'll teach 'em!

Do you think thy would care.😆

While I dont spend a lot of time sun bathing (wife and my family both have history of skin cancer) I really hope this does get enforced. A quick question though, if you just check out a towel and that is all that is on the chair, would you get charged for not turning it in if they just take it back to the stand?

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Probably.  Why?  Because they are all about me me me.  They can't deal with negativity about themselves.  LOL

I doubt it.  Do you see what is on TV these days.  The more notoriety, the better.

One of the problems is that food is not allowed by the pool.  I believe that more flexibility should be allowed between let's say 11:30AM and 2 PM.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I doubt it.  Do you see what is on TV these days.  The more notoriety, the better.

One of the problems is that food is not allowed by the pool.  I believe that more flexibility should be allowed between let's say 11:30AM and 2 PM.

I'm not doubting you.  BUT, I've seen a lot of food being eaten poolside. Especially, Ice Cream cones. It's probably like everything else, a policy that isn't enforced because of the "squeaky wheels".  

21 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Probably.  Why?  Because they are all about me me me.  They can't deal with negativity about themselves.  LOL

Are you talking about Chair Hogs or my university students?🤔

😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

We regularly eat in Solarium on Anthem for example. Take food from Solarium Cafe and eat.

5 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm not doubting you.  BUT, I've seen a lot of food being eaten poolside. Especially, Ice Cream cones. It's probably like everything else, a policy that isn't enforced because of the "squeaky wheels".  

You can eat food by the pool.  You cannot be in the water.  For example the back row of the beach pool chairs you are OK with food.  Front row where the chairs are in the water you are not. We saw a young boy being asked to move away from the waters edge with his ice cream, but we were good eating our Port Side BBQ brisket sandwich in the last row.  We took our takeout containers to the garbage when done. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It varies.  I've seen over the last 4 cruises where the lifeguard will approach those and tell them the rules.

By the way, ice cream is basically a liquid.  Should the lifeguards also prohibit those thick and juicy alcoholic drinks that sometimes you need a spoon in addition to a straw😄

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You can eat food by the pool.  You cannot be in the water.  For example the back row of the beach pool chairs you are OK with food.  Front row where the chairs are in the water you are not. We saw a young boy being asked to move away from the waters edge with his ice cream, but we were good eating our Port Side BBQ brisket sandwich in the last row.  We took our takeout containers to the garbage when done. 

Yep, I was responding to the words, "food is not allowed by the pool".  I totally agree with not eating while IN the pool, gross.  I'd hate to see a Baby Ruth or OhHenry float by.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

It varies.  I've seen over the last 4 cruises where the lifeguard will approach those and tell them the rules.

By the way, ice cream is basically a liquid.  Should the lifeguards also prohibit those thick and juicy alcoholic drinks that sometimes you need a spoon in addition to a straw😄

For sure.  We all know that policies on cruise ships are hit-and-miss as far as enforcement and compliance is concerned.  

Only one minor disagreement, though.  Ice Cream by itself, I guess some could say is "basically a liquid", but it is filled with nasty stuff and can get very very nasty/bad in the hot sun if spilled on the deck/sand.  And I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring ice cream to the pool/beach without it being in a cone, cup and spoon, or some type of container.  There is a lot more to it than just the cream, which I really don't know what RCCL's soft serve is actually made of.  

7 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

There is a lot more to it than just the cream, which I really don't know what RCCL's soft serve is actually made of.  

The contents has been posted previously on these boards. Let's just start by saying cream was not on the list of ingredients. You might need a periodic table to figure out all the chemical names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

But is the ship not swiping sea pass cards to check out a pool towel any longer?  

😉

That is just a scam - they don't actually count them they just pretend - if you ask them to make sure you have 0 on the last day - they will just set it to 0

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The contents has been posted previously on these boards. Let's just start by saying cream was not on the list of ingredients. You might need a periodic table to figure out all the chemical names.

I don't remember the brand name but there was an investigative report a few years ago that showed some major brands of ice cream sitting out in room temperature conditions for over 24 hours and the damn stuff never melted.  That's basically what we are eating today, anything but iced cream.

6 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I don't remember the brand name but there was an investigative report a few years ago that showed some major brands of ice cream sitting out in room temperature conditions for over 24 hours and the damn stuff never melted.  That's basically what we are eating today, anything but iced cream.

Better living through chemistry.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That is just a scam - they don't actually count them they just pretend - if you ask them to make sure you have 0 on the last day - they will just set it to 0

A few months ago, on Serenade, there were some notes left on doors the day before last, reminding pax to return their towels or they would be charged the 25.00.  There were a few annoyed pax that forgot and did not bother to turn them in.  Our neighbor started to cuss loudly when she got that note, they had several children in the cabin.  

Since we don't do the pool towels, we did not get the note...but there were plenty on the doors that did have their cards swiped.  

Just not sure if they are still swiping cards when you check out a pool towel at the towel desk, or not on other ships...or even at all now. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

I usually ignore chair hogs, since I use the pool deck to walk from the Windjammer to the Solarium.  But, last week on the Vision I was pretty amused by one.  We were in St. Kitts, it was pouring rain, and had been for about an hour.  The pool deck was empty.  Except for this older man who would come out from the overhang area where the tables were, and adjust the towels he had on two loungers that he was saving....................................😲

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, island lady said:

A few months ago, on Serenade, there were some notes left on doors the day before last, reminding pax to return their towels or they would be charged the 25.00.  There were a few annoyed pax that forgot and did not bother to turn them in.  Our neighbor started to cuss loudly when she got that note, they had several children in the cabin.  

Since we don't do the pool towels, we did not get the note...but there were plenty on the doors that did have their cards swiped.  

Just not sure if they are still swiping cards when you check out a pool towel at the towel desk, or not on other ships...or even at all now. 

I got a note while sailing on Anthem.  Got it in the early afternoon of the last day.  I knew that I was up to date and quickly went to GS and they apologized for the error. When they started scanning the sea pass in the beginning, I agree it was bogus as the scanners never really worked and as fall back they wrote the cabin # in a book.  Now, I believe that they seem to work.