Eden or Fine cut

Cruiscs

It really is personal preference.  If you are not a fan of seafood then probably Fine Cuts.  I liked Eden more, but the crab cakes and lobster casserole were amazing, but probably won't move you to like it more. 

Definitely the tasting menu at Eden. Varied menu with beautiful presentations. Fine Cut is great, but you can always go to a steakhouse, you can’t get the nice surprises that you can get at Eden. Plus the view is awesome. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with Frenchkona. The varied menu and beautiful presentations are unique to Eden and everything we have had has been prepared to perfection--unlike any restaurant we have ever experienced. At Fine Cut, my medium filet mignon was overcooked, but I know that was unique to the night we were there. Fine Cut on the Edge does have outdoor seating, but we were on a TA crossing and it was too cold and too windy to have the outdoor area open. Also, on the Edge the location of Fine Cut is open to the Atrium, so the restaurant can be noisy if you want to have a table conversation. You may have to compete with the atrium entertainment to be heard. 

• Like 1

Both.... 🤪

We love Steaks. And we  got them in a perfect manner in Finecut.  Starters were  tuna tartar for her and  pepper pork belly for me. Main Courses Steak... 😉 - everything was fantastic.... but as already written above, everyone knows an outstanding Steakhouse.

Eden was a flashing new experiance for us, the food was wonderful and the sights.... 😲😎.

So, if I had to choose only one,  then it would be Eden. 👍 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tenmile said:

... Also, on the Edge the location of Fine Cut is open to the Atrium, so the restaurant can be noisy if you want to have a table conversation. You may have to compete with the atrium entertainment to be heard. 

Agree with the comment about location of Fine Cut on the Edge.

We prefered the food at Fine Cut over Eden. Tomahawk steak with lobster ravioli was wonderful.

We sailed the Apex last February and loved Fine Cuts.  The tomahawk was to die for.

We sailed the Edge this month and was very disappointed with Fine Cuts.  Tomahawk was much smaller and rather tough.  

I may not go back if booking an Edge class ship.

Now Eden on the other hand was amazing.  But I love the idea of a dinner and a show.  We were seating right across from the prep area.  The chefs were great to watch.  Food was great.  But yes - it is seafood forward.

1 hour ago, Frenchkona said:

Definitely the tasting menu at Eden. Varied menu with beautiful presentations. Fine Cut is great, but you can always go to a steakhouse, you can’t get the nice surprises that you can get at Eden. Plus the view is awesome. 

Can you get the tasting menu at Eden without the wine pairing?  Is there any additional charge for just the tasting menu?  I would hope that the portions were smaller for each course!  TIA.

1 minute ago, Arubamoose said:

We sailed the Apex last February and loved Fine Cuts.  The tomahawk was to die for.

We sailed the Edge this month and was very disappointed with Fine Cuts.  Tomahawk was much smaller and rather tough.  

I may not go back if booking an Edge class ship.

Now Eden on the other hand was amazing.  But I love the idea of a dinner and a show.  We were seating right across from the prep area.  The chefs were great to watch.  Food was great.  But yes - it is seafood forward.

What about Filet mignon and Rib wellington?

I've only be to fine cut and eden once on the Edge shortly after the restart

EDEN = My pick...Great food (steak was far better than fine cut), atmosphere and experience

Fine cut = it's very noisy with the atrium action seeming being piped in.  The Tomahawk steak was on par with the Outback steakhouse which is good but not mind blowing; far below even the mid-tier chain steak houses Flemings/Ruth Chris.  Blu's Filet Mignon lately has been very hit or miss but when it hits, its far better than what I had at Fine cut

19 minutes ago, airhose said:

Can you get the tasting menu at Eden without the wine pairing?  Is there any additional charge for just the tasting menu?  I would hope that the portions were smaller for each course!  TIA.

No.  But you can basically recreate it off the a la carte menu.  It is slightly disappointing in that there is a lot more wasted food that way (they don't give you the tasting sizes) but you can do it.

2 hours ago, Frenchkona said:

oh good to hear.  I am on the Edge in August from Barcelona and I will check out the tasting menu.

Hoping no raw fish like they have on RCI tasting menu.

Depends on what makes a more memorable experience for you.  The view at Eden is great, but then again so is any aft view so is that unique enough to make it a reason to pick Eden?  The menu at Eden is also unique and the preparation is excellent so if you want something different that you won't find at home then another vote for Eden.  After eating in both last week we picked FC twice and Eden once.  If you can only pick one I think Eden is something to do for sure, but IMO and for my tastes once I've done it I'd select Fine Cut every time if I could only do one per cruise.  It's a steakhouse menu but still has starters of scallops, crab cake, tuna and a number of salads, plus entrees of Lobster, Lamb Chops, Dover Sole etc so you can always mix a couple entrees and get anything you want. We left Fine Cut feeling the meal was the best onboard, while we left Eden thinking the experience was great.  Can't go wrong with either.

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Depends on what makes a more memorable experience for you.  The view at Eden is great, but then again so is any aft view so is that unique enough to make it a reason to pick Eden?  The menu at Eden is also unique and the preparation is excellent so if you want something different that you won't find at home then another vote for Eden.  After eating in both last week we picked FC twice and Eden once.  If you can only pick one I think Eden is something to do for sure, but IMO and for my tastes once I've done it I'd select Fine Cut every time if I could only do one per cruise.  It's a steakhouse menu but still has starters of scallops, crab cake, tuna and a number of salads, plus entrees of Lobster, Lamb Chops, Dover Sole etc so you can always mix a couple entrees and get anything you want. We left Fine Cut feeling the meal was the best onboard, while we left Eden thinking the experience was great.  Can't go wrong with either.

Was the tasting menu even available at Eden last week?  As I recall a few months ago that menu was eliminated, or has it not been brought back.

4 hours ago, airhose said:

Absolutely, I had the tasting menu without the wine pairing earlier this month. There is no additional charge for the tasting menu, but there is if you add the wine pairing. I would have thought that the portions would be smaller too, but they were not. I had to roll myself up the stairs and flop into a chair for a bit. That was a lot of food. I also was not fond of the choices on course #2, my waiter allowed me to substitute something from course #4. The whole meal was just outstanding. I asked for a table facing the kitchen, and it was fascinating to watch. The entire tasting meal took about 2.5 hours.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Was the tasting menu even available at Eden last week?  As I recall a few months ago that menu was eliminated, or has it not been brought back.

After our waiter explained the entire standard menu item by item and was ready to discuss what we wanted to start with I asked if the tasting menu was also a possibility and he said "yes it is, but it is a $120 upcharge per person" and ended his comment a little firmly.  I decided not to ask any more questions about it as we had plenty of selections on the main menu.

• Like 1