Drinks permitted per visit to bar

mduffles64

Hello - We will be on the Eclipse in June and have the classic drink package.  I know we aren't able to get more than one drink (for fear of sharing with others)  But if I want to go to the bar and get drinks for myself and my husband, and bring both of our cruise cards - will they allow me to get 2 drinks. (1 each).  TIA 

Just now, mduffles64 said:

Hello - We will be on the Eclipse in June and have the classic drink package.  I know we aren't able to get more than one drink (for fear of sharing with others)  But if I want to go to the bar and get drinks for myself and my husband, and bring both of our cruise cards - will they allow me to get 2 drinks. (1 each).  TIA 

Yes, if you take both cards with you they will serve you one drink for each card. 

4 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Maybe I’m forgetful, but I don’t ever recall going to a bar and requesting a Jack and diet, and a vodka tonic and having them say “where’s your second card.”

The bartenders are accommodating.  Again if I want two drinks I usually simply ask for a double - X pours heavy anyway- and usually don't drink Jack along with a vodka Tonic.  Yuck.

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The bartenders are accommodating.  Again if I want two drinks I usually simply ask for a double - X pours heavy anyway- and usually don't drink Jack along with a vodka Tonic.  Yuck.

Well, the vodka tonic was for my wife, much like the situation the OP was asking about.

11 hours ago, mduffles64 said:

I know we aren't able to get more than one drink (for fear of sharing with others) 

Novice here, sorry. I don't have a package and will be buying my drinks so I couldn't be sneaky sharing 'free' ones. Can anyone confirm, will they still only sell me one, if I want alcohol and a water? What happens? I get my martini and then get back in line to get a water after? I'm confused.

1 hour ago, PineappleTraveler said:

Novice here, sorry. I don't have a package and will be buying my drinks so I couldn't be sneaky sharing 'free' ones. Can anyone confirm, will they still only sell me one, if I want alcohol and a water? What happens? I get my martini and then get back in line to get a water after? I'm confused.

If you're paying it's no problem to charge both of the drinks to one card in one go.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PineappleTraveler said:

If you don’t have a drink package and you are paying for your drinks you can order as many as you want at a time and sign for them all.

It’s the people with packages who are generally limited to one at a time or one per card at a time.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem.   I often bring two card with me to Al Bacio also.   Often especially on longer cruises the bartenders and baristas get to know you and may not even ask for one card.

Yes this has also been my experience, and they knew what I would order too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PineappleTraveler said:

No, if you order a drink you can also ask for a bottle of water at the same time.  It is two drinks with alcohol, if using a drink package, at one time that is usually not permitted until the bartenders get to know you and that you have someone else with a drink package you are getting the drink for.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PineappleTraveler said:

Until they know you, you may want to let them know that you know that you don't have a package.  That will avoid them coming back and asking "do you know you don't have a package?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes this has also been my experience, and they knew what I would order too.

It is incredible how they remember.  After a couple days they even remember my name which is amazing to me  as I'm the worst for remembering names- 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is incredible how they remember.  After a couple days they even remember my name which is amazing to me  as I'm the worst for remembering names- 

My wife and I ordered affogatos from Cafe Al Bacio which are no longer on their menu. After that one time every time we passed by the girls would wave and call out 'affogato' like carnival hawkers. Needless to say the sucked us in for a few more.

• Haha 2

If you order 2 drinks with a package and only have one card they will ask for your cabin number and get your drinks.  Drink packages are a waste of money if you drink less then 6 per day.  My wife and I averaged less then 3 per day each on our most recent 16 nighter.  A big win for Celebrity. 

12 hours ago, Searanger said:

If you order 2 drinks with a package and only have one card they will ask for your cabin number and get your drinks.  Drink packages are a waste of money if you drink less then 6 per day.  My wife and I averaged less then 3 per day each on our most recent 16 nighter.  A big win for Celebrity. 

I have to disagree.  When you consider that the beverage package is good for things other than just beverages with alcohol, it can add up to quite a bit.  I have at least two, often three, bottles of Vitamin Water a day, I will have at least two Diet soda's, we prefer bottle water, sometimes spring and sometimes sparkling, with our meals.  Add to that a coffee or two at Cafe Al Bacio, we are having more than six drinks a day. 

Full disclosure we do sail in suites where we are paying for the DPB as part of our cruise fare so it seems more transparent to us than it does when paying for it separately but still, when we did not sail in suites in the past, I always purchased the beverage package.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have to disagree.  When you consider that the beverage package is good for things other than just beverages with alcohol, it can add up to quite a bit.  I have at least two, often three, bottles of Vitamin Water a day, I will have at least two Diet soda's, we prefer bottle water, sometimes spring and sometimes sparkling, with our meals.  Add to that a coffee or two at Cafe Al Bacio, we are having more than six drinks a day. 

Full disclosure we do sail in suites where we are paying for the DPB as part of our cruise fare so it seems more transparent to us than it does when paying for it separately but still, when we did not sail in suites in the past, I always purchased the beverage package.  

The question is, is this what you normally would drink or what you drink to get your moneys worth from the drink package?

The free drinks we get for being Elite Plus is actually more than we would normally drink. Years ago we had the drink package a couple of times and the number of extra drinks we had could be counted on one hand, for the whole week. Needless to say, no more packages.

I always went to a bar or a server at my chair and received two drinks (the second for my wife, who also had the drink package) without ever being asked for a second card (or just my room number). I believe they can see that our stateroom has two people, each with the bev package.

Edited by teetoppz28

10 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The question is, is this what you normally would drink or what you drink to get your moneys worth from the drink package?

The free drinks we get for being Elite Plus is actually more than we would normally drink. Years ago we had the drink package a couple of times and the number of extra drinks we had could be counted on one hand, for the whole week. Needless to say, no more packages.

What I listed is what I normally drink.  I usually have at least one or two glasses of wine with lunch, same with dinner, and three or four cocktails during the course of a day. 

We do not do a lot of shore excursions any longer so we spend a lot of time onboard during port days.  So we may have one or two drinks more that folks who do not stay on board as much. 

I am not saying everyone needs to have a drink package, just that there are drinks other than those that include alcohol that need to be considered when deciding on whether or not you need a drink package on your cruise.