Deluxe Drink Package

Hi there. Looking for some Deluxe Beverage Package help.

We purchsed the package during a BOGO about a month ago. I would like to keep track of the prices in case it goes down further. I can see the total price we paid but that total includes taxes and tips. However, when I try to look at the "details" on my account, I can only see the total and not the breakdown. Essentially what I'm looking for is 1) is there a breakdown somewhere that shows what I paid for taxes and tips and/or 2) if there is not a breakdown, what are the taxes and tips amounts that are already added in?

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

All planner items which have grats added to them are added at 18%.

What about tax? So, right now we have paid a TOTAL of $1550.16 (which has the taxes and tips included). I'm just trying to figure out that when I look at current prices (which right now is $77.99/guest per day) is it more or less than the per guest per day price I paid. If that makes sense. 

15 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

What about tax? So, right now we have paid a TOTAL of $1550.16 (which has the taxes and tips included). I'm just trying to figure out that when I look at current prices (which right now is $77.99/guest per day) is it more or less than the per guest per day price I paid. If that makes sense. 

There is no tax.  The 18% is the built in "gratuity" on top of the 77.99 per person per day.  Based on two people it would be about 1288 for two for a 7 day cruise.  You did not mention how many people or how many days you had for your 1550.16 total.

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There is no tax.  The 18% is the built in "gratuity" on top of the 77.99 per person per day.  Based on two people it would be about 1288 for two for a 7 day cruise.  You did not mention how many people or how many days you had for your 1550.16 total.

Oops....ok so it is for 2 people for a 9 day cruise. Right now it is showing "$77.99/guest per day" so, if I added correctly, that would be a TOTAL of $1403.82 for the 2 of us. I paid $1550.16 which would mean if I bought today I would save $146.34. 

Just now, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I understand the gratuity for bartenders. But why are gratuities automatically added for the soda package, when it’s typically self service?

Self service has nothing to do with it - 18% is also added to Bionic bar drinks where there's no bartender at all. BTW, on the ships that do have them (not all do), use of Freestyle machine may not be the main way most folks get their sodas - it's usually at some bar/venue with a person involved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

Oops....ok so it is for 2 people for a 9 day cruise. Right now it is showing "$77.99/guest per day" so, if I added correctly, that would be a TOTAL of $1403.82 for the 2 of us. I paid $1550.16 which would mean if I bought today I would save $146.34. 

At $77.99/pppd, the total price on a 9 day cruise would be $1,656.51 including the 18%.  

$77.99 plus 18% is $92.03 per person per day.

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

At $77.99/pppd, the total price on a 9 day cruise would be $1,656.51 including the 18%.  

$77.99 plus 18% is $92.03 per person per day.

Ok thank you. Looks like my price per person must have been lower when I bought the pkg then even though it was a BOGO too. If there was a way to just see a stinking breakdown of the costs this would be much esier 🙃

I am curious if there is a way to figure out what my price per person was at the time I purchased? I'm not a math person so I wouldn't know how. 

Edited by CruisingLover

21 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

Ok thank you. Looks like my price per person must have been lower when I bought the pkg then even though it was a BOGO too. If there was a way to just see a stinking breakdown of the costs this would be much esier 🙃

It looks like you paid $72.99 pppd if your total amount was $1550.16.

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

It looks like you paid $72.99 pppd if you total amount was $1550.16.

Ha, you beat me to it, was just going to post the same thing.

Always just look at the price per person/per day - not whatever they are calling the current deal.

So if you see it go lower than $72.99 - jump on it, if not, hold where you are!  One other thing though is if you are both getting Voom, sometimes they offer a combo that makes the cost of each of those (DBP and VOOM) cheaper, but that is only usually worthwhile if you are both getting an internet package.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Do they deduct a certain amount of money from the alcoholic drink since you have the refreshment package?

Probably not unless you work out something with the bartender to buy just the shot of alcohol in it.

8 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

What happens if you have the refreshment package and buy a few alcoholic drinks? Do they deduct a certain amount of money from the alcoholic drink since you have the refreshment package?

No. Alcoholic drinks would just be charged a la carte to your account.

You thought you would never need to use that algebra they forced you to learn?

X = price without gratuity

1.18 times X is price with gratuity, the total amount you paid

1550.16 = 1.18X

1550.16 / 1.18 = X

$1313.69 = X

You paid $1313 for your package before gratuities.

Divide by two and divide by 9, do a little penny rounding...

You paid 72.99 per person per day.

The final answer is: do not cancel and re-buy at $77.99 per day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

I am curious if there is a way to figure out what my price per person was at the time I purchased? I'm not a math person so I wouldn't know how. 

You paid 72.99 pp plus 18% 13.13 = 86.12.  So, if it drops below 72.99, then cancel and rebook.  Others beat me to it.  Good luck.  The Dynamic pricing policy of RCI, which NO OTHER cruise line has is what really sucks about RCI.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

4 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

What happens if you have the refreshment package and buy a few alcoholic drinks? Do they deduct a certain amount of money from the alcoholic drink since you have the refreshment package?

LOL, LOL, LOL.   That is the best joke I have heard in ages.

So much easier in the UK, we pay what you see as all gratuities etc are included! If the drinks package is on the website at say £60 per day then that is what you pay as all addons are included so you know if you get it say 7 days for two of you then you are paying £840. no more no less. Makes it so much easier.

2 hours ago, Roybthered said:

So much easier in the UK, we pay what you see as all gratuities etc are included! If the drinks package is on the website at say £60 per day then that is what you pay as all addons are included so you know if you get it say 7 days for two of you then you are paying £840. no more no less. Makes it so much easier.

But I think that is a US thing. I also can't remember many other countries where the price on the shelf is not what you have to pay - at checkout the sales tax is added.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ckruetze said:

But I think that is a US thing. I also can't remember many other countries where the price on the shelf is not what you have to pay - at checkout the sales tax is added.

Your right, European countries show the price to pay with all taxes or gratuities on.

19 hours ago, SG65CB said:

You thought you would never need to use that algebra they forced you to learn?

X = price without gratuity

1.18 times X is price with gratuity, the total amount you paid

1550.16 = 1.18X

1550.16 / 1.18 = X

$1313.69 = X

You paid $1313 for your package before gratuities.

Divide by two and divide by 9, do a little penny rounding...

You paid 72.99 per person per day.

The final answer is: do not cancel and re-buy at $77.99 per day.

TRUTH!!!  Thanks for breking it down 🙂