Cruise sold out very quickly - explation?

sprockie

Just wondering if anyone has any insight about the May 13th Koningsdam Alaska cruise.  I was looking at it and there were lots of cabins left in suites and balconies then suddenly it is sold out.  Can't think of a reason why something would sell out so quickly when it seemed there were so many cabins left? 

Edited by sprockie

(1) It's quite possible HAL has turned over remaining inventory to 'opaque sales channels' to liquidate.. (2) Or yield management has begun the process of upsell offers to booked pax.  I am showing bookable inventory available currently with my high-volume cruise-only TA.    Scott.   

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm inclined to believe it's part of the assignment of guarantees and offers of upsells. I've seen this before when a whole class of cabins disappears for a while, then reappears, but with fewer available cabins.

Good "explation"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm inclined to believe it's part of the assignment of guarantees and offers of upsells. I've seen this before when a whole class of cabins disappears for a while, then reappears, but with fewer available cabins.

This!!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:01 PM, mcrcruiser said:

I saw a sale on a consolidators site

Well I never heard the term cruise consolidators site. Interesting, I may have to check them out in the future when booking mine. I've never used a TA before, but I like free money. If it's really the deals like in this thread, $350 per person for Alaska? That seems incredible.

1 hour ago, roblc1 said:

Which cruise consolidators site do you prefer?   Always looking for a good deal.  

We are not allowed to discuss travel agents or agencies on Cruise Critic. Already asked once on this thread, and that post was taken off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

We took a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii years ago and the Canadians on our ship said one of their big travel agents there had pre-bought a whole deck for their customers.  Maybe something like that happened.  

Unlikely at this late date.

On 4/10/2023 at 11:54 AM, CruiserBruce said:

We are not allowed to discuss travel agents or agencies on Cruise Critic. Already asked once on this thread, and that post was taken off.

Thank you.   Sorry.