How's the entertainment on the Beyond been lately?

DJLDRUMS

As well as any of the Headliner shows, I've read mixed reviews on both for past posts.

On a seven night cruise how many nights are these different events taking place?

Looking forward to your comments, thanks in advance to those who reply.

We were on 6 months ago the two main shows were just fantastic as good as any show I have seen on my approximately 75 cruises, headliners were hit or miss . Totally loved the small groups or solo acts playing by martini bar or Eden, this went on all day.

• Thanks 1

Was on less than a month ago.  There were 3 production shows and they were outstanding.  There was a very good musical group and guest singer,  and a  comedian.  We enjoyed the comedian.

The shows in Eden were not our style.  They were transitioning to a new cast that week.

• Thanks 1

We loved the main shows, headliners change so that can be hit or miss depending on your tastes. We love the theatre and the views …. And those screens!

554A3729-151D-4674-BC71-FF0A5CEB2866.jpeg

98A095E8-F459-430D-AE44-157792224664.jpeg

A7508A19-335D-4F40-B8EB-6CA5C229F6E9.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We sailed on Beyond in early February. The shows were good, but honestly I thought the entertainment on Odyssey of the Seas blew Beyond's shows away. Seven nights on each ship made me want to return to Odyssey too see those shows again. Beyond's theater has awesome high technology, but that on Odyssey was even more spectacular, especially their sound system. But entertainment is so subjective. What I enjoy and want to enjoy again might not be what someone else wants to experience. In short, we had a nicer room on Beyond, but better entertainment throughout the ship on Odyssey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/8/2023 at 2:04 PM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We sailed on Beyond in early February. The shows were good, but honestly I thought the entertainment on Odyssey of the Seas blew Beyond's shows away. Seven nights on each ship made me want to return to Odyssey too see those shows again. Beyond's theater has awesome high technology, but that on Odyssey was even more spectacular, especially their sound system. But entertainment is so subjective. What I enjoy and want to enjoy again might not be what someone else wants to experience. In short, we had a nicer room on Beyond, but better entertainment throughout the ship on Odyssey. 

On your February cruise what would you say the age of the fellow cruisers were?

The entertainment is very subjective. Overall quality is not bad IMO. The guest entertainer was outstanding. Just one thing, oh boy it was loud. The shows would be much better if X didn’t try to deafen me. Wish the AV technician would sit with the audiences to hear how bad it was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they were pretty good in March. The thing is they are a different concept that uses a lot of high tech wrap around video screens.  I know on our cruise they were mostly full without a lot of people leaving early. 

We were onboard Beyond for the 3/19/23 sailing when it was announced that the entertainment staff was named the #1 Cruise Ship for Entertainment (2023) by USA Today.  And in our opinion, very well deserved.  Here is a link to USA Today’s top ten ships: https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-cruise-ship-for-entertainment/

USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice Awards logo

Best Cruise Ship for Entertainment (2023)

10 best cruise ships for entertainment, 

10 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I was on the Beyond for 3 sailings in February. The first (2850 passengers) and third (2600 passengers ) week I would say passengers’ average age was in the 60’s. On the second (3200 passengers) sailing, which was school vacation week in many parts of the country, the average age dropped to 50’s but there still were not many children. 

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the start time. 

Just to be clear, you CANNOT book any shows on any Celebrity ship in advance even if you wanted to. There's no such functionality. 

56 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just to be clear, you CANNOT book any shows on any Celebrity ship in advance even if you wanted to. There's no such functionality. 

That's why I said "No". That's correct, fleetwide. As it should be. My follow on statement was an FYI. 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's why I said "No". That's correct, fleetwide. As it should be. My follow on statement was an FYI. 

I was just clarifying that not only don't you need to but you can't. In other words even on cruiselines like Royal or Virgin where you have the ability to reserve shows in advance technically you don't have to since they may be available seats a few minutes before the show starts without reservations. I wasn't invalidating your response, just further clarification. 

31 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I was just clarifying that not only don't you need to but you can't. In other words even on cruiselines like Royal or Virgin where you have the ability to reserve shows in advance technically you don't have to since they may be available seats a few minutes before the show starts without reservations. I wasn't invalidating your response, just further clarification. 

My post was very clear. Better value if you would have responded to @RTR 21-0

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Beyond the last week of February. I think the three production shows were outstanding. During my cruise, people started to line up prior to the doors opening 30 minutes in advance of the shows. I usually arrived about 40 or 45 minutes before the show and joined the line. I always was able to get an excellent seat. The production shows were very well attended compared to other cruises that I have taken.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Beyond the last week of February. I think the three production shows were outstanding. During my cruise, people started to line up prior to the doors opening 30 minutes in advance of the shows. I usually arrived about 40 or 45 minutes before the show and joined the line. I always was able to get an excellent seat. The production shows were very well attended compared to other cruises that I have taken.

Chuck

Our experience also on our recent Apex cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sailed on Beyond the last week of January. The Theatre entertainment team had just switched from the previous cast so they only offered two production shows in the Theatre, Elements and Stage Door. I thought Elements was spectacular with entertaining special effects in a production show that I had never seen before. I was less impressed with Stage Door because I'm not really into Broadway shows but my fellow audience members really enjoyed it giving the cast a standing ovation at the end.  I also enjoyed Wonder at Eden: Paradise.  

The best show I saw onboard was Jazz Joint by the Eden cast.  I went to the first showing and enjoyed it so much that I went to the second showing as well.  It is in the Night Club so get there before doors open (1/2 hour before the show starts) if you want to get a good seat.

The first night comedian, Corey Rodrigues was Ok but nothing special.  The magician, Matt Johnson was really entertaining as well as funnier that the first night comedian. I briefly watched Our Lady Valentine, a trio of singers but I ducked out early so I could see the second showing of Jazz Joint. I did not see Jesse Hamilton, Jr. an R&B singer on night 3 so cannot comment on him. I also missed Joanna Marie on night 4.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Moochi said:

The entertainment is very subjective. Overall quality is not bad IMO. The guest entertainer was outstanding. Just one thing, oh boy it was loud. The shows would be much better if X didn’t try to deafen me. Wish the AV technician would sit with the audiences to hear how bad it was.

Oh, man.....do I agree with you!!!! SO LOUD!!! Someone said their Apple Watch told them the decibel level was too loud, and they should leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I sailed on Beyond the last week of January. The Theatre entertainment team had just switched from the previous cast so they only offered two production shows in the Theatre, Elements and Stage Door. I thought Elements was spectacular with entertaining special effects in a production show that I had never seen before. I was less impressed with Stage Door because I'm not really into Broadway shows but my fellow audience members really enjoyed it giving the cast a standing ovation at the end.  I also enjoyed Wonder at Eden: Paradise.  

The best show I saw onboard was Jazz Joint by the Eden cast.  I went to the first showing and enjoyed it so much that I went to the second showing as well.  It is in the Night Club so get there before doors open (1/2 hour before the show starts) if you want to get a good seat.

The first night comedian, Corey Rodrigues was Ok but nothing special.  The magician, Matt Johnson was really entertaining as well as funnier that the first night comedian. I briefly watched Our Lady Valentine, a trio of singers but I ducked out early so I could see the second showing of Jazz Joint. I did not see Jesse Hamilton, Jr. an R&B singer on night 3 so cannot comment on him. I also missed Joanna Marie on night 4.

Jazz Joint was also one of my favorite experiences. Such a cool concept, to turn The Club into a speakeasy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Apex in March and the shows were fine.  I thought the shows in Eden were better - even though same performers.

comedian - terrible, just awful.

musical/cirque du soleil kind of show - it was good, but we have seen better on Celebrity in the past.  The main female vocalist was just yelling and the acrobatics did not have as much of a wow factor

RnB show - they were good, but better in the Club on another night

Last time we were on an E-Class we had a great magician, the cirque du soleil kind of show was amazing and the Beatles cover band was outstanding.  Just really varies almost week to week to see who is on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Hard to guess. Maybe average age was sixty. I might be being generous. I'll be eighty this year, but I saw quite a few who appeared to be older than I am.  I saw a few pre-schoolers. Maybe a dozen at most.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lanabanana said:

Oh, man.....do I agree with you!!!! SO LOUD!!! Someone said their Apple Watch told them the decibel level was too loud, and they should leave.

Even worse than the theater was the martini bar area when the chandelier show was going on or a live band was playing. We like to sit at Cafe Il Baccio after the early theater show, but the noise below was just plain blasting. We couldn't even converse. We ended up going to the quiet back of the OceanView Cafe and watch the wake. 

• Thanks 1

We were on March 19 sailing. I thought Stage Door was excellent, especially the lead that played Alexander Hamilton. The acrobats were great with Elements, but I wasnt a fan of the singing or production - we left early on that one. Arte was pretty good, I appreciated the production and how they made use of their amazing theater screens.

The other four nights were comedians, a live band, and a singer. We skipped the singer and band, but the comedians were good. The bands in the martini bar were pretty good too. I appreciate that they are doing what they can to appeal to multiple demographics. As GenXers, I never felt the music was too "old" - which is often a problem for me on cruises 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1