Unlimited Dining Package

22 minutes ago, weevee09 said:

Does anyone know how it actually works. Do we still have fee to pay for the likes of wonderland, chops, 150 Central Park or is everything on the menu going to be included?

Everything is included except at the Hibachi.  They charge for sushi and sashimi and a $10-15 premium when using the UDP.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ruffus113 said:

Question in reference to UDP- do you have to wait until you are on the ship to book dinners for the week?

Yes.  You are exchanging the ability to book your preferred day and time before your cruise for a cheaper price.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, Ruffus113 said:

Question in reference to UDP- do you have to wait until you are on the ship to book dinners for the week?

On 4/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.  You are exchanging the ability to book your preferred day and time before your cruise for a cheaper price.

What Mom says is true but if you happen to be in a suite (not jr.) you'll get a letter from the concierge about a week before your sailing and you can forward them the restaurants and times you'd like and they will take care of it before you board.  Nice perk!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

What Mom says is true but if you happen to be in a suite (not jr.) you'll get a letter from the concierge about a week before your sailing and you can forward them the restaurants and times you'd like and they will take care of it before you board.  Nice perk!

Oh that’s good, we have an owners suite booked  but haven’t had a letter yet, still a few weeks out though. Was planning to make the reservations as soon as we get there. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:35 PM, Merion_Mom said:

There is a little “work around” to this, if you don’t mind tying some refundable money for awhile. 

The boss and I love the UDP, but we also have a little OCD. We purchase the unlimited plan; we also choose all our dinners, make reservations and pay for the reservations through the CP. 

When we boards we go to any restaurant, like you would to make your reservations anyway, have them “transfer” your paid for reservations over to your UDP.  The money you paid for the reservations is converted to refundable OBC. 

Another money saver is waiting to purchase the UDP until onboard, quite often a great deal can be made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weevee09 said:

Oh that’s good, we have an owners suite booked  but haven’t had a letter yet, still a few weeks out though. Was planning to make the reservations as soon as we get there. 

We normally get email 5 days before sailing, we normally then have him/her make first couple of reservations, first two days seem to be the hardest to get restaurant and time you want. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, George C said:

We normally get email 5 days before sailing, we normally then have him/her make first couple of reservations, first two days seem to be the hardest to get restaurant and time you want. 

I'm going blame C&A D+ for that.  We get BOGO on specialty restaurants on nights 1& 2.  I'm guessing originally those were the slow nights, especially night 1.  I think they added the 2nd after D+ couples fussed about only being able to use one.  (And yes, I include myself at fault here, no shade aimed at anyone)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanciRDH said:

I'm going blame C&A D+ for that.  We get BOGO on specialty restaurants on nights 1& 2.  I'm guessing originally those were the slow nights, especially night 1.  I think they added the 2nd after D+ couples fussed about only being able to use one.  (And yes, I include myself at fault here, no shade aimed at anyone)

We are also diamond plus , also 3, 4 or 5 night packages required night one or two for dinner.

6 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

Since I'm not quite D+ yet (getting close) I still miss the old "First Night, Done Right" deal. Anyone, regardless of C&A status, could get BOGO on night one because it was the slowest night. As a frugal cruiser, we usually took advantage of it.

• Like 1

Was watching a video on Royal changes…on ships with Playmakers…..a person with UDP can only go there for a meal once a day now. They found too many were showing up for lunch, sitting all afternoon watching sports, ordering snacks and food, then wanting to eat dinner there as well.  So the UDP isn’t exactly Unlimited anymore.  

Just booked UDP for 11 night Anthem cruise....assuming I get an early boarding time how hard is it to get early (530-600) dining times in the restaurants assuming I am flexible with which restaurant to go to? Timing is more important than a specific restaurant on a specific night.

24 minutes ago, miked0035 said:

Just booked UDP for 11 night Anthem cruise....assuming I get an early boarding time how hard is it to get early (530-600) dining times in the restaurants assuming I am flexible with which restaurant to go to? Timing is more important than a specific restaurant on a specific night.

You shouldn’t have problems getting your preferred dining time for most nights and venues.  The first formal night (usually night #2) tends to fill up quickly.  I recommend getting onboard as early as possible and be prepared to go to the specialty dining kiosk or one of the specialty restaurants to make your reservations ASAP.  Izumi Hibachi may require some compromises.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You shouldn’t have problems getting your preferred dining time for most nights and venues.  The first formal night (usually night #2) tends to fill up quickly.  I recommend getting onboard as early as possible and be prepared to go to the specialty dining kiosk or one of the specialty restaurants to make your reservations ASAP.  Izumi Hibachi may require some compromises.

Where is the Specialty Dining Kiosk?  

9 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Where is the Specialty Dining Kiosk?  

Depending upon the ship, the dining kiosk is normally on the Promenade fairly close to where you enter upon boarding.  If you don’t see it right away just ask a crew member.  

Edited by RFerrington

19 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Depending upon the ship, the dining kiosk is normally on the Promenade fairly close to where you enter upon boarding.  If you don’t see it right away just ask a crew member.  

Thanks -- we're on Indy. We board early so we may go straight to one of the restaurants also.  Was the Kiosk crowded?  

26 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks -- we're on Indy. We board early so we may go straight to one of the restaurants also.  Was the Kiosk crowded?  

Can’t speak for Indy…but on EX a couple of weeks ago, the line is shorter if you get there early and long if you don’t.  Earlier is better.

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Can’t speak for Indy…but on EX a couple of weeks ago, the line is shorter if you get there early and long if you don’t.  Earlier is better.

Thanks -- we're boarding early as we're Pinnacles.  We have 8:30 pm for our first reservation and I want to get reservations around 7:30 pm or 8 pm.  

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks -- we're boarding early as we're Pinnacles.  We have 8:30 pm for our first reservation and I want to get reservations around 7:30 pm or 8 pm.  

I would head to Izumi to make all your reservations. We have found Wonderland and Izumi to always have the shortest lines for making reservations. Your first reservation is usually only a place holder, we have never had a restaurant pre reserved even though one reservation shows in the cruise planner. 

13 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I would head to Izumi to make all your reservations. We have found Wonderland and Izumi to always have the shortest lines for making reservations. Your first reservation is usually only a place holder, we have never had a restaurant pre reserved even though one reservation shows in the cruise planner. 

Good advice as Izumi is also on Deck 4 where we board.  Hope we can get a Hibachi dinner.  Indy doesn't have Wonderland unfortunately as we'd love to try it.  

Are the lines on Indy for Chops and Giovanni's long immediately after boarding?

Thanks.  

5 hours ago, miked0035 said:

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Anthem does not have Hibachi.