Captain's club lounge

maxsales

3 hours ago, JBare said:

On the Edge pre Covid it was held in The Club.

Yes that is where the CC events were held in March 2019 on Edge. The Club has no windows. What a disappointment coming from S-Class Sky Lounge with many windows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I had heard they only did this on TAs, was this sailing a TA?  I like the concept but instead of physical cards loading them onto your sign and sail account would be the way to go

It did start with TA's. Then X decided, if they have over a certain number of Elite and above on any sailing they give out tickets.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There is no lounge to return.  Celebrity has never had a dedicated Captains Club lounge.  Mods, can you just shut this down?

Best odds would be to report this thread...I do believe there's good info here yet wish the mods would change the title to make them accurate, they only seem to move or lock/delete things...lol

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

And then they went away  from tickets because people really hated them…. They were dated and people tore out the wrong cards and tried to use them on the wrong dates, and they were a waste of paper

Not everyone hated them , 😁

the best part if you had extra tickets , you could always just give them to the servers so they  collect the tips on them 

• Like 1

Personally I like the change to anywhere.  Especially when there were so many elites onboard going into the lounge.  Many cruises I just found it 2 crowded and people just sat in front of bartender and slammed drinks.   The only time I enjoyed it was back 2005ish when on mercury and had a long conversation with the hotel and food and bev manager.  I was at that point a gm of a Hilton so was doing an inquiry about what life was like as a ship hotel manager.  Otherwise like I said just to many people now with any bar with the cpl exceptions easier.  Even easier is just having drink package as 5-7 I’m usually sitting on balcony relaxing waiting for dinner with my glass of wine 

12 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Personally I like the change to anywhere.  Especially when there were so many elites onboard going into the lounge.  Many cruises I just found it 2 crowded and people just sat in front of bartender and slammed drinks.   The only time I enjoyed it was back 2005ish when on mercury and had a long conversation with the hotel and food and bev manager.  I was at that point a gm of a Hilton so was doing an inquiry about what life was like as a ship hotel manager.  Otherwise like I said just to many people now with any bar with the cpl exceptions easier.  Even easier is just having drink package as 5-7 I’m usually sitting on balcony relaxing waiting for dinner with my glass of wine 

We were always at the sunset bar or in the OVC 

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

The CC club could do both. If my memory serves me correctly, pre-covid the CC did do both from 5 to 7:PM. 

14 hours ago, maxsales said:

Someone posted on another source that they had a dedicated CC lounge on a recent Beyond sailing.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen a return of the lounge on any other ships.

Chances are that person was referring to the little office space next to the meeting room where the CC Concierge has two desks. They only provide concierge services here, it's not a space where any type of F&B or even seating is offered.

No specific "Club Lounges" with f&b on Celebrity ships.

Not sure why people get so worked up over this thread!?

Edited by Fly and Sail

21 hours ago, maxsales said:

Celebrity for years had a dedicated CC lounge from 5-7 each evening offering the CC drink menu and passed hours devours.  It stopped with the pandemic and seeing this post my thought is that it might be returning.

You describe a daily "EVENT"... not a lounge

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

If this lounge existed, if we googled it should show a pic of the lounge on the first page, correct?

To piggyback off what has already been said, previously they would turn a public lounge into a nightly (minus day 1) CC private event for two hours.  Shortly before the shutdown, presumably to reduce staffing costs, X eliminated the nightly event and allowed Elite and higher to get unlimited drinks from most bars.

So that changed even before the Beyond even sailed.  The fleet still usually has one similar event per sailing, a meet the senior officers with free drinks usually on a sea day, mid day.

Most like the flexibly of going to most bars and maybe have been lobbying to follow RCI to allow 4 drink vouchers per day allowed to be used at any time 

It was stopped mainly due to the look large numbers attending especially on Transatlantics. With 200 plus in the venue (for example Sky Lounge) just getting a drink became virtually impossible. Spreading the drinks around the majority of the bars has solved this issue but removed the "social" aspect of the event. 

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

It was stopped mainly due to the look large numbers attending especially on Transatlantics. With 200 plus in the venue (for example Sky Lounge) just getting a drink became virtually impossible. Spreading the drinks around the majority of the bars has solved this issue but removed the "social" aspect of the event. 

What kill HH lounge was the start of drink packages 10 years ago 

we found on TAs cruises it was zoo in the Sky Lounge  or the place was dead 

On your last B2B  in Oct 2019 , Holy Land cruise and TA,we popped in to the Sky lounge and there was about 10 people there , and couldn’t get served, so left after 10 mins and than just spend our time at the Sunset Bar  with better service, 

On 4/11/2023 at 4:26 PM, maxsales said:

I have been reading for a long time and my comprehension is fine thank you very much. 

Celebrity for years had a dedicated CC lounge from 5-7 each evening offering the CC drink menu and passed hours devours.  It stopped with the pandemic and seeing this post my thought is that it might be returning.

The person who posted might have been mistaken that's why I reached out here to see if anyone had a recent experience..

When you say ‘hours devours’ do you actually mean hors d’oeuvres?

Also, on our recent voyage Celebrity used the word ‘disembark’ and not ‘debark’ thank goodness!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

When you say ‘hours devours’ do you actually mean hors d’oeuvres?

Also, on our recent voyage Celebrity used the word ‘disembark’ and not ‘debark’ thank goodness!

Yes that is the correct spelling. My predictive speller messes it up.

I appreciate your corrections. 

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Because it's full of misinformation.  For the last time, there are no Captains Club lounges on Celebrity ships.  Never have been.  End of story.

A number of people actually referred to the Elite and above cocktail event held between 5-7 usually in the sky lounge as the Captian's Club lounge.  I know we and many friends we sailed with did.  Prior to that the 5-7 cocktail hour(s) was held in Michaels club which was sometimes referred to as the Captain's club lounge.

They may have been referring to the Captain Club and Concierge office on deck 5.   It is a  room where the representatives have desks to contact them in person. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, maxsales said:

A number of people actually referred to the Elite and above cocktail event held between 5-7 usually in the sky lounge as the Captian's Club lounge.  I know we and many friends we sailed with did.  Prior to that the 5-7 cocktail hour(s) was held in Michaels club which was sometimes referred to as the Captain's club lounge.

I never heard that mistake made and it seems odd to me that you or your friends would refer to Sky Lounge or Michaels Club as the Captains Club lounge. The cocktail hours were only for Elite and above members and there was usually someone at the door checking status from5-7. I go way back on Celebrity. I recall when Michaels Club was a cigar lounge then later the piano lounge. None I knew ever called it the Captains Club lounge. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I never heard that mistake made and it seems odd to me that you or your friends would refer to Sky Lounge or Michaels Club as the Captains Club lounge. The cocktail hours were only for Elite and above members and there was usually someone at the door checking status from5-7. I go way back on Celebrity. I recall when Michaels Club was a cigar lounge then later the piano lounge. None I knew ever called it the Captains Club lounge. 

Remember Perry Grant in MC on Connie.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

100% agree...I could order a Bud Light at the Martini bar and start calling it the "Bud Light Bar" but no one would know what I'm talking about; making up a name adds additional unneeded confusion

• Like 2