Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

No, we like the cabin we have , same location as the TA in 2024 to Argentina on the equinox

also it would double our cruise price with out much again, 

The only upgrade would be Butler, and Luminae , no Retreat deck on Reflection 

We have about 20 friends on the cruise , no in a suite so dinners would be lonely 😁

here the min bids in CAD , we in V-2 now 

Those prices don't make sense -  current price for a Sky Suite Guarantee is $8,340 US or about 11.5 K CAD if you were to book it from scratch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder how noisy it would be on the Sunset Bar when they playing pickle ball 🤔

it could be pretty annoying

I don't think you would hear it.    The Patio Restaurant and Sunset bar are in between and would baffle the noise.     I haven't made it back to the Sunset Bar as the track doesn't so though it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

That sounds amazing! Just sitting here living vicariously on your thread after a long day of work! 

In the past I Murano was my favorite Specialty but except from the noise bleed from the lounge above they definitely have competition.    Their Lobster definitely is better than Murano

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Jim, do you have pictures from the Captain's Club welcome toast?

Blush... Blush ----- We forgot to go.    The CC host was really sweet and called us first day to welcome us aboard. 

Tonight is the first Chic night.    We are on schedule.   It's 7:15 and Iain just went down for a Cigarette.   I meet him in Retreat at 7:30.   I was telling Eli our butler as sniper could setup and know our schedule my the minute. 

image.thumb.png.edaba15109e4a2cc946a3661ae713c22.pngStock Menu Day 2 Menu (even though it is day 3). 

Pretty much identical to what is posted except Alaska Halibut is listed as Grilled Halibut

• Like 2

I always enjoy your live blogs.  I did one many years ago and know how much work it takes.   In fact, I think about doing one again but then think about how much time it took to update daily.   So,a big thanks!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think my favorite is the S-Class Post Revolution where you can sit around the bar.

I hate to rage on but they should lock Kelly in a room and the Lounge and have her "enjoy" the uncomfortable chairs.   They are beautiful but the bench with the padding isn't high enough and the wood digs into your back.   

I think they should lock here and her significant other in a Sky Suite and force them to have room service for a 7-day cruise.  Let see her figure out how to get food and drink for two on those tables she put in those suites. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I think that's a happy and ideal compromise in having a Retreat Lounge with a real bar that you can sit at AND it having an up-to-date decor that's brighter and less like a stuffy Men's Club. 

Agree. Although our first Edge class experience is not until next year, we've just been on the Eclipse and that stuffy men's club has certainly had its day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I think that's a happy and ideal compromise in having a Retreat Lounge with a real bar that you can sit at AND it having an up-to-date decor that's brighter and less like a stuffy Men's Club. 

Let's agree to disagree.  I enjoyed the pre-Revolution Michael's club.  I could set sit more than 10 - 15 minutes in the Retreat Lounge chairs on Silhouette.  We spent more time in the Ensemble lounge because of those uncomfortable chairs.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Let's agree to disagree.  I enjoyed the pre-Revolution Michael's club.  I could set sit more than 10 - 15 minutes in the Retreat Lounge chairs on Silhouette.  We spent more time in the Ensemble lounge because of those uncomfortable chairs.  

On both the Silhouette and the Equinox (I believe those are the only S class to be revolutionized, the new Retreat Lounge reminds me of an airport lounge or Denny's.  Also (seemed to be more noticeable on the Equinox) the removal of carpet made it very noisy.  Although on the Eq, that might have been the group of 6 that sat around one of those booths and drank heavily.

At least the Equinox didn't get the extra inside cabins where the game room was.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Blush... Blush ----- We forgot to go.    The CC host was really sweet and called us first day to welcome us aboard. 

Jim, if you have a chance, who is the Captains Club host?  Is it Justine? 

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am glad to see that you found some Fre onboard.  I hope you had them deliver a couple of bottles to where you said earlier told you they did not have any 🙂

The first evening on the ship I met out Beverage Server / Sommelier, Ally,  in Luminae.   He didn't have any but tole me he would have it for day 2.   Next morning I bumped into him in al Bacio and he told me he had it stocked in Luminae for me and would have it for that evening.    I let him know we were going to Eden and he said he would call Yan there and let her know so she would have it available for me.  True to form she had it waiting.    It took two day for the Retreat to come up with it but it is now stocked in all my drinking holes. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, nps001 said:

I always enjoy your live blogs.  I did one many years ago and know how much work it takes.   In fact, I think about doing one again but then think about how much time it took to update daily.   So,a big thanks!

Please do one.   So many CC members including myself live reading them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I think they should lock here and her significant other in a Sky Suite and force them to have room service for a 7-day cruise.  Let see her figure out how to get food and drink for two on those tables she put in those suites. 

LOL. 

I reluctantly disembarked Beyond Sunday morning, so I’m late to the party. It’s lovely to follow another Jim & Iain journey! I need to catch up on your posts thus far, but I see that Yan is still in Eden. She was one of the best Sommeliers we’ve had on Celebrity. I hope she’ll still be there when we board in July. Wishing you a splendid holiday. Cheers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I awoke at 5:30 and just couldn’t fall back. I was able to grab a coffee in OVC as Al Bacio doesn’t open until 6:30

I have to ask -- how was the OVC coffee?  I vaguely remember it being barley better than the stuff we received with regular room service. 

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Tonight is the first Chic night.    We are on schedule.   It's 7:15 and Iain just went down for a Cigarette.   I meet him in Retreat at 7:30.   I was telling Eli our butler as sniper could setup and know our schedule my the minute. 

image.thumb.png.edaba15109e4a2cc946a3661ae713c22.pngStock Menu Day 2 Menu (even though it is day 3). 

Pretty much identical to what is posted except Alaska Halibut is listed as Grilled Halibut

Love the Halibut - whatever they call it!

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have to ask -- how was the OVC coffee?  I vaguely remember it being barley better than the stuff we received with regular room service. 

I find the room service coffee to be very weak, but on our first cruise in a suite, my butler suggested that he could add a few shots of espresso from Cafe Al Bacio to our pot and it was perfect every morning. I still request this on every cruise.

11 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

Jim, if you have a chance, who is the Captains Club host?  Is it Justine? 

Thanks. 

Current CC Concierges are -

Pre

Norman

Rizza

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

I find the room service coffee to be very weak, but on our first cruise in a suite, my butler suggested that he could add a few shots of espresso from Cafe Al Bacio to our pot and it was perfect every morning. I still request this on every cruise.

The strength has not been an issue for me it is more the bitterness.  

On our last two Celebrity Cruises the Butler has been kind enough to bring us coffee and Bailey's from Cafe al Bacio on the mornings we have asked for it.  Sometimes I wait until breakfasts in Luminae but there are times when I feel like having it first thing -- of course we also have to enjoy it with those wonderful almond croissants. 

• Like 2