A la carte or off menu items in Luminae

Joe33472

Just wondering if there are any off menu or a la carte items in Luminae.   I’ve been looking at menus online and in the app and don’t see a single salad in the appetizers.    Did I read correctly somewhere that French onion soup is available off menu?  Or am I dreaming.   

Hmm, Embarkation Day Lunch (Day 1) has a Kale Salad on the menu. 

There are everyday classics which include the French Onion Soup and Caesar's Salad, if that is what you mean by 'off menu.'  

I also have never encountered a problem asking for a tossed green salad with lunch or dinner in Luminae. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hmm, Embarkation Day Lunch (Day 1) has a Kale Salad on the menu. 

There are everyday classics which include the French Onion Soup and Caesar's Salad, if that is what you mean by 'off menu.'  

I also have never encountered a problem asking for a tossed green salad with lunch or dinner in Luminae. 

Thanks, French onion soup and Caesar salad would be great.   Also thanks for the heads up about asking for a tossed green salad.    Are the every day classics listed somewhere?    I’m not seeing them in online menus.  Thanks again!  

For some bizarre reason the always available menu items are a big secret. In addition to Caesar salad and French onion soup are escargot, chicken, salmon, and the mentioned green salad. Of course if you are on non Edge class ships you can order off the MDR menu too. We dislike the Luminae menu and often eat at specialty restaurants if we are on an Edge class ship and can’t order off the MDR menu

• Like 3

I have a lot of food issues and Luminae on Beyond was wonderful about making me other items if I didn’t see anything on the regular menu that I wanted. Granted, I asked for simple things but they were terrific about making them for me. 

• Like 1

Sailed Apex in Mar.  Luminae has caesar salad and French Onion soup everyday even if its not listed on menu.  Ask your server and they will accomodate you.  They will also provide any of the items on kids menu; like spaghetti bolognese, chicken fingers, mac and cheese

Luminae will make nearly anything you wish if you order it 24 hours in advance. We have been telling our servers lately that we love Indian food. So a few times each cruise, we get a surprise Indian side dish in addition to whatever we ordered. We also let our servers know that we like extra green vegetables every dinner. Never been disappointed yet. 

While on the Infinity last October, we and the other couple we were with ordered off of all menus including Blu’s.  I even ordered items off of Tuscan’s menu.  We typically don’t care for Luminae’s dinner menu.  It seems this is quite common.

7 minutes ago, MandL said:

While on the Infinity last October, we and the other couple we were with ordered off of all menus including Blu’s.  I even ordered items off of Tuscan’s menu.  We typically don’t care for Luminae’s dinner menu.  It seems this is quite common.

On the M class ships all 3 of those kitchens are in the same area so easy for the wait staff to get something from any of the dining rooms.

Beyond last week:

Caesar, French Onion, Escargot, Dinner salad

Salmon, Chicken, Sirloin.

ALSO: check out the kids menu.

There is a 4 oz. filet--we had that a couple times. 

Honestly it was better than my filet from the adult menu the last night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MandL said:

I didn't know we could order off the Tuscan menu. That would be great!

Laura

On Millennium this past January, we too thought the salad and soup choices were limited in Luminae. They gladly let us have the MDR and Blu menus which had several salad, soup and other options that we ordered.

As others have stated, Luminae will make special request meals if made in advance.

I particularly like kippers and scrambled eggs for breakfast. This is commonly served on cruise lines with a lot of Scandinavian or Northern European crew. So I inquired in Luminae on the first day of our cruise if they might be available. I was delighted when told kippers would be made available to us every morning thereafter for the entirety of my cruise. I indeed enjoyed them several times.

On 4/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, MandL said:

Ordering off Tuscan's menu is unusual.  As to Blu or MDR, on M class you can order off of them as the kitchens are together.  On other ships not necessarily, especially E class.  

As has been said, Luminae will do their best to accommodate you, in particular with advance notice.  And the Classics menus are always available - it's been my experience in Luminae and Blu that the waiters don't tell you about them.  

A couple of the items we ordered off the Tuscan menu while dining in Luminae were the Bruschetta, and the Filet Mignon.  Not sure if I mentioned this earlier though, but the Eggs Benedict is better in Blu (so is the entire breakfast menu).  We would just dine there for breakfast when we could.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, AF-1 said:

Sailed Apex in Mar.  Luminae has caesar salad and French Onion soup everyday even if its not listed on menu.  Ask your server and they will accomodate you.  They will also provide any of the items on kids menu; like spaghetti bolognese, chicken fingers, mac and cheese

I'd always thought I needed to go up to OVC to get it, but with a day's notice, Luminae will even make the kids menu spaghetti bolognese with gluten-free pasta. 👍