$6 smoothies in the Spa Cafe

Boo's Mom

The Celebrity website identifies the Spa Café Fresh Juices as being included in the Premium Drink Package. 

The Premium Package doesn't mention the $6.00 smoothies in the Spa Cafe. 

No mention in the Classic Package either. 

The Zero Proof Package does mention:  frozen smoothies 

What has been your experience? 

6 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Always had them included.

Would never pay for them. Have received smoothies for breakfast being an Elite member. Nowhere nearly as good as what I make at home so now just skip it.

• Like 1

Just now, WestLakeGirl said:

The spa cafe smoothies and the elite breakfast smoothies are two very different things

Yes I realize that. Was at the spa cafe and thought I'd try one but too many in line and just one girl making them and she was extremely slow.  Could not be bothered.  This was on Equinox. 

53 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Yes I realize that. Was at the spa cafe and thought I'd try one but too many in line and just one girl making them and she was extremely slow.  Could not be bothered.  This was on Equinox. 

d2 - I ran into that on our last sailing on The Summit last year, so I just adjusted the time I went to earlier...

The staff was incredibly accommodating, to me, if I was there 15 - 20 minutes before opening...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

I like the smoothies at the Spa Cafe.  They are normally served room temperature and I do not like them that way so I always ask the staff to add ice cubes when making mine.   If it is still not cold enough, I get a cup of ice from the dispenser and stick a couple of cubes in the cup. 

I also ask for them to add ice when making mine at the elite breakfast.   Those are never chilled enough for my liking. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I also ask for them to add ice when making mine at the elite breakfast.   Those are never chilled enough for my liking. 

Maybe that's why I don't like them they have to be very cold

• Like 2

We have a funny story from 2018 on the Millennium.  DH went to a hottub before breakfast, with a plan we would meet in Spa Cafe for breakfast.  When we met up, he had two smoothies in front of him.  I was a bit puzzled because he didn't have his seapass with him and wondered how he was able to get the smoothies without his card.  He said they were on the counter, so he just helped himself.  He then began to consume one of the smoothies, noting it was pretty thick, gummy and tasteless. He went on to finish the first smoothie and when he started on the second, suddenly the Spa Cafe chef and a staff member from the Spa Cafe appeared at our table stating..."OMG!  Here they are!  Did you eat these?"  Turns out....they were DISPLAY Samples!!!!!!!   Needless to say he stopped eating them, they took down our cabin number and name, and they told DH to drink a lot of water with lemon throughout the day.  Fortunately, nothing in the samples was life threatening, and he survived.  This is probably our funniest cruise story that continues to generate some great laughter! 

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, capsplace said:

We have a funny story from 2018 on the Millennium.  DH went to a hottub before breakfast, with a plan we would meet in Spa Cafe for breakfast.  When we met up, he had two smoothies in front of him.  I was a bit puzzled because he didn't have his seapass with him and wondered how he was able to get the smoothies without his card.  He said they were on the counter, so he just helped himself.  He then began to consume one of the smoothies, noting it was pretty thick, gummy and tasteless. He went on to finish the first smoothie and when he started on the second, suddenly the Spa Cafe chef and a staff member from the Spa Cafe appeared at our table stating..."OMG!  Here they are!  Did you eat these?"  Turns out....they were DISPLAY Samples!!!!!!!   Needless to say he stopped eating them, they took down our cabin number and name, and they told DH to drink a lot of water with lemon throughout the day.  Fortunately, nothing in the samples was life threatening, and he survived.  This is probably our funniest cruise story that continues to generate some great laughter! 

LOL, Sounds like something I would do. 

• Like 1

I had the Premium Beverage Package on both Beyond and Summit and got a smoothie on each ship and thought both tasted terrible. I gave it a second try thinking maybe the first was not representative of what they offered. Since I had the PBP I could have had as many as I wanted for free  but I didn't bother.  

I have to agree with others.    I've tried them once and never again.  Yuck.    I've read that you can have them make them without all the "energizer" stuff.

It's my understanding they are not covered under the Classic Package.    Kinda like Evian or San Pellegrino -  even under the package $ limits not covered.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree with others.    I've tried them once and never again.  Yuck.    I've read that you can have them make them without all the "energizer" stuff.

It's my understanding they are not covered under the Classic Package.    Kinda like Evian or San Pellegrino -  even under the package $ limits not covered.

I make a blueberry banana and peanut butter smoothie at home. Great way to get your fruit and protein with some milk 🥛 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Kinda like Evian or San Pellegrino -  even under the package $ limits not covered.

What is this Evian or San Pellegrino of which you speak?  😀

Pretty much all I saw on the Solstice last week was aluminum Rain cans.  I had read that some folks thought the canned water had a strange aftertaste.  To me, some cans did, and some did not.  Kind of weird.  

45 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Pretty much all I saw on the Solstice last week was aluminum Rain cans.  I had read that some folks thought the canned water had a strange aftertaste.  To me, some cans did, and some did not.  Kind of weird.  

It is the “Premium Water”.   It is $5-5.50 for a small bottle.   I think the tall is 7 or 8.  They have it at all bars and restaurants. 

instead of the canned water I usually just drink tap water or the melted ice. 

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

They do have a strange taste. In actual fact the ships water is better 

2 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

The tap water in our cabin and at the buffet was warm/hot.  I felt more comfortable drinking the canned water.

I only used tap water in cabin to wash or brush teeth. I don't do buffets. The water served in MDR was excellent and very cold.