Suites on NCL?

DesertRat46

11 hours ago, DesertRat46 said:

We've sailed in various suites on HAL and Celebrity, including the "Retreat" category on Celebrity and Neptune's on HAL.. 

What  does NCL have to offer that would be comparable?

11 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

The Haven

The haven is far superior to the Neptune on HAL.

For example HAL does not have a dedicated restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner like NCL has in the Haven.

Older ships have specialty dining venues for breakfast and lunch only for both Haven and suite guests. Newer ships have a Haven restaurant and bar within the Haven. At this time only the Joy no longer has the perks they we enjoy in a suite. We cancelled our suite on the Joy and booked a different ship. If other ships follow suit we will not bother with a suite on NCL. Nobody did the suite life like NCL for a number of years.

Enjoy your travels whichever you choose.

26 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

At this time only the Joy no longer has the perks they we enjoy in a suite. We cancelled our suite on the Joy and booked a different ship. If other ships follow suit we will not bother with a suite on NCL. Nobody did the suite life like NCL for a number of years.

Enjoy your travels whichever you choose.

What suite perk is Joy missing?  We did Haven on Joy last year and I don't believe we missed anything.

20 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

At this time only the Joy no longer has the perks they we enjoy in a suite. We cancelled our suite on the Joy and booked a different ship. If other ships follow suit we will not bother with a suite on NCL. Nobody did the suite life like NCL for a number of years.

NCL is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to suites....once you decipher NCL's usage of the word "suite" for suites that aren't actually suites nor do they have suite benefits. 

On some ships, the actual suites are automatically Haven suites. There is no middle ground. 

On other ships, there are suites that have benefits but aren't Haven suites. For some, this is a nice middle ground between Haven and the other categories (I dislike using the word steerage). 

Then there are NCL ships that don't have a Haven but do have suites. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

What suite perk is Joy missing?  We did Haven on Joy last year and I don't believe we missed anything.

Some non-Haven suites on Joy originally had some amenities listed. Some of those amenities were removed or decreased months after people had booked. Things on Joy were shuffled around (Joy was already different from the start) and some people gained from the changes and some people lost out. It's more stable now with people knowing what their stateroom includes and what it doesn't include. 

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

NCL is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to suites....once you decipher NCL's usage of the word "suite" for suites that aren't actually suites nor do they have suite benefits. 

Holland also has a mixed bag on suites:  Vista Suites, Signature Suites, Neptune Suites, Pinnacle Suites.  Amenities vary.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

There are non-Haven suites on the Joy (used to be called Concierge rooms) as there are non-Haven suites on Jewel-class ships and Prima-class ships. And suites on small ships (less than Jewel class). The perks for all suites (Haven and not) vary by class and ship. 

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Haven still has all the perks. The suite we had booked no longer had the breakfast and lunch when I cancelled not sure about priority boarding as we are platinum so don't think about that perk.

46 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Haven still has all the perks. The suite we had booked no longer had the breakfast and lunch when I cancelled not sure about priority boarding as we are platinum so don't think about that perk.

Curious which suite you booked because according to the website, all suites are marked "Haven."  But, there are some not IN the Haven proper (i.e. Aft-Facing Penthouse suite is not in the Haven, but still enjoys all Haven perks).

22 minutes ago, 2Cruise4Ever said:

Curious which suite you booked because according to the website, all suites are marked "Haven."  But, there are some not IN the Haven proper (i.e. Aft-Facing Penthouse suite is not in the Haven, but still enjoys all Haven perks).

Joy has suites (SC/SP) that are classified as suites but do not have Haven access. They are between Club Balcony "suites" (which aren't suites) and the Haven. 

The SC/SP suites had amenities that were later removed.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

1 hour ago, 2Cruise4Ever said:

There are several categories denoted with a "S" for Suite that are not Haven on the older ships, not just Joy. They do not receive all Haven perks. I would never book one of these as I prefer to sail only in Haven rooms, given the various amenities offered. 

You'll notice the actual name of an aft-facing Haven suite is "Haven Aft-Facing..." Others do not include the word "Haven." For example Pr1ma has an aft-facing suite that is denoted by category SI. No Haven perks. So, not all suites have the moniker "Haven." 

1 hour ago, 2Cruise4Ever said:

2 bedroom family suite.

37 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

There are several categories denoted with a "S" for Suite that are not Haven on the older ships, not just Joy. They do not receive all Haven perks. I would never book one of these as I prefer to sail only in Haven rooms, given the various amenities offered. 

You'll notice the actual name of an aft-facing Haven suite is "Haven Aft-Facing..." Others do not include the word "Haven." For example Pr1ma has an aft-facing suite that is denoted by category SI. No Haven perks. So, not all suites have the moniker "Haven." 

OK, makes sense.  Thanks !  I was thinking like Dawn which doesn't have a Haven Proper but has suites with Haven-like amenities.  We sailed the 2 bedroom suites on Dawn 5 times before Haven was even a word in the NCL language 🙂